[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (4) < 1 2 [3] 4 >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: The Healing Road< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
hph Offline

Group: Members
Posted: May 26 2011, 15:46

Thanks a lot!  :D

... and just to show the holy inquisition that I did some other stuff before I chose to do my personal tribute to Mike with "Backdrop", here 2 shorter tracks from the first 2 albums.

From "The Healing Road" (2007) a track called "Audacity":
https://files.me.com/hphess/brh57e.mp3

From "Timanfaya" (2008) a less proggy and more groovy track called "Crater Camels":
https://files.me.com/hphess/hp1ujh.mp3

As always, with kind regards,  ;)
hans
Profile PM 
nightspore Offline

Posted: May 26 2011, 22:11

Quote (hph @ May 26 2011, 15:46)
... and just to show the holy inquisition that I did some other stuff

hph, no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!  :laugh:
Profile PM 
hph Offline

Posted: May 27 2011, 00:00

I'm sorry that I couldn't resist, had 2 beers and was in very good mood.  ;)
Profile PM 
0+1(I1) Offline

Posted: May 29 2011, 10:02

PUBLIC APOLOGY ANNOUNCEMENT BY EYE ONE (the other one is black yet I deserved 1T)
Due to new information and the kindly supplied link to more of the music from HPH, I wish to now say this album sounds WONDERFUL, IT IS A TREAT TO THE EARS OF ALL WHO EAGERLY AWAIT SOMETHING NEW FROM THE MAESTRO. It is indeed worth purchasing especially if Hans is kind enough to release it in DVD form with some of his most delicate and beautiful photography.

I am compelled to say sorry and yes I was wrong. I hope all will forgive my mistake as on further investigation I now find evidence that this man lives and breathes Mike's music to such a degree that I can in no way continue to suggest to others that he is guilty of anything other than perhaps spending too much time in Mike's head and working far to hard, also spending too much of his own money to bring us his work.

I would hence like to point people in the direction of his other works as some of these are completely original and very good, some of them have very slight echoes of Mike but so slight as to sound like Mike's style but completely original (sorry for the over use of completely original but I cannot think of any other words to use to describe his other music).

Again I am sorry to all but I do hope you will understand I was trying to protect Mike's work, as I do worry that in history it may get lost or buried by cheap imitations, which would disguise its full message and uniqueness to people of the future or those coming to his music now.

Also as Mike appears to be working so hard to perfect his music e.g. his reworking of old pieces, I feel he is most likely doing this because he is feeling he wants to bow out and leave his work in as perfected state, as he possibly can using the tech of today, thus leaving a legacy of his existence to all who exist here after. Maybe we will even see a compilation of - Michael Gordon Oldfield - The Complete Legacy and Life Works (SO FAR, hopefully). But tubular bells 4, I am sure is in the air, due for arrival soon, of this I 4 1 am convinced, God willing!.

[B][/B]

--------------
L◎ST ◎MMADAWN VERSI◎N RIDDLE ANSWER
 mIChaeI GOrDOn OIDfIeId.
=  I C   1  G◎D   OO ID I I
or replace the L's that were turned in to I's & 1 gets
ID◎L G◎LD ID◎L (4 ANSWER IN FULL + EXPLANATION, C ALBUM SECTION/☮MMADAWN/i-say-i-say-i-say-i-say-in-answer4XXX4Acr⊕ss
Profile PM 
hph Offline

Posted: May 29 2011, 11:59

Hey that's great 1I,

and shows good character.  :D

Everything's fine here, shake hands brother!
hans
Profile PM 
Milamber Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: May 29 2011, 16:32

You've got some class there HPH..

Maybe next time I1 will do more research before besmirching someone's character and coming across like a git.  :(
Profile PM 
hph Offline

Posted: June 06 2011, 05:39

Amazon.co.uk says

"It's Mike Oldfield!! Takes you back!, 4 Jun 2011 By Ben Bottle (Gloucestershire) -
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

Okay, so this is a bit cheeky but I do not have a problem with that. It's like Tubular Bells, Hergest Ridge and Ommadawn all rolled into one.
I readily acknowledge that this (in places) smacks of plagarism but it happens all the time - it SOUNDS LIKE!
There are "original moments" and the music is well played with lots of layered guitar - both electric and acoustic. There's subtle synths and nice gentle percussion - marimbas and the like, with a few interesting twiddly bits. Oh, and tubular bells!!!!
This takes me back to the Oldfield I loved and that is why I like it. There are hints of early Anthony Phillips but that fits well with the Oldfield 'emphasis'. The music is gentle - in the main; with the odd work out.
Look - this is VERY Oldfield-ish, so there is your guide. But I find it quite complimentary and respectful; it does credit to "the man".
Don't expect anything really new or ground-breaking. I have docked a star because it is something of a clone, and, rather cheeky - just listen to the end of Part One!!!!
I know nothing about The Healing Road. Could it be M O in disgiuse?
For those of you who long for the TB, Hergest Ridge, Ommadawn, Incantations era - this might provide a fix."

ULTIMATE METAL says: "sounds gay".  :laugh:
Profile PM 
ex member 892 Offline

Posted: June 06 2011, 07:48

Quote (hph @ June 06 2011, 05:39)
ULTIMATE METAL says: "sounds gay".  :laugh:

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:
Profile PM 
hph Offline

Posted: June 06 2011, 10:15

Proggnosis says:

"Mike Oldfield has a brother?
I really don't know, but with Hanspeter Hess he has a big fan of his Tubular Bells epic from 1973.
For the people that love this work: get this 2 track CD because it continues in the same style and atmosphere.
Well done !!"

... but keep in mind what Ultimate Metal said.  ;)
Profile PM 
hph Offline

Posted: June 10 2011, 14:56

Recently I found out that some guys uploaded my music on youtube.

Here's the opening of the second album:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEgT1UCdTbw&feature=related

... and an excerpt from the 3rd one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMR4IiPSwrE

... not as much Oldfield in it as in the new album but you'll find a short Taurus II citation in the second track. ;)
Profile PM 
hph Offline

Posted: June 17 2011, 17:15

I joined soundcloud today with some tracks from my albums since 2007:

http://soundcloud.com/the-healing-road
Profile PM 
nightspore Offline

Posted: June 17 2011, 21:45

Quote (hph @ June 17 2011, 17:15)
I joined soundcloud today with some tracks from my albums since 2007:

http://soundcloud.com/the-healing-road

"Tales from the Dam" is an intriguing title, although at the start I wasn't sure what sort of tales could emanate from a dam. Reservoir Dogs, maybe   :cool: I loved the melody around the 10 minute mark. And the one after it...
Profile PM 
hph Offline

Posted: July 07 2011, 15:49

Wow. Got mail from Musea Records. They sold more than 100 CDs in the first 4 weeks. This is awesome for someone who makes music only after work as a hobby. Some copies even went to Australia, Japan and Brazil. Absolutely amazing.

Very happy greetings from southern Germany,
hans
Profile PM 
hph Offline

Posted: July 18 2011, 13:52

I don't know if this is of ANY use but I'm trying to install a facebook site right now:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Healing-Road/207730465944344
Profile PM 
hph Offline

Posted: Aug. 22 2011, 14:57

In 2009 I began an album that never has been finished because I bought Mike's early Remix/Remaster albums and had so much fun that I decided to record BACKDROP instead.

But there are still about 21 minutes of recorded music with some really good guest musicians. So I decided to release it as an EP on iTunes and Amazon mp3. Coming soon.

Here some excerpts:
https://files.me.com/hphess/nl1xa5.mp3

And here more details about how and why the music came together:
http://www.healingroad.de/Web-Site/Ten_Days_In_March_EP.html

Thanks for listening,
hans
Profile PM 
hph Offline

Posted: Sep. 08 2011, 15:09

Tomorrow is my last day at work. Will be on vacation for 4 weeks. Traveling around in Austria, Slovenia and Croatia with our small caravan. Maybe I'll meet Herbert Wanderer there, the artist who contributed his paintings to my "Timanfaya" and "Backdrop" albums. We'll see.

See you in October,
hans
Profile PM 
0+1(I1) Offline

Posted: Sep. 09 2011, 00:15

HAVE A GOOD TIME & be careful out there!!!. I1

--------------
L◎ST ◎MMADAWN VERSI◎N RIDDLE ANSWER
 mIChaeI GOrDOn OIDfIeId.
=  I C   1  G◎D   OO ID I I
or replace the L's that were turned in to I's & 1 gets
ID◎L G◎LD ID◎L (4 ANSWER IN FULL + EXPLANATION, C ALBUM SECTION/☮MMADAWN/i-say-i-say-i-say-i-say-in-answer4XXX4Acr⊕ss
Profile PM 
hph Offline

Posted: Oct. 08 2011, 16:52

Back again. Had a great time, met my cover painter Herbert Wanderer there, inspiring moments. Here some impressions with music from Backdrop:

http://youtu.be/t8yqNl9Vqug
Profile PM 
hph Offline

Posted: Oct. 24 2011, 15:30

Another track from the first album is now on soundcloud:

http://soundcloud.com/the-healing-road/turbulences
Profile PM 
hph Offline

Posted: Dec. 31 2011, 15:41

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYBODY !!!  :D

Quite a lot going on here. Wrote some minutes of new music but this will have to wait because the both of us here decided to marry in early 2012.

Sorry for being so quiet here. Spending the last hours of the year with Mike's music. After having listened to some Rush and Yes albums I put Incantations in my player and right now it's Ommadawn. Beautiful.

Thanks for reading my postings here and for listening, I wish everybody a healthy, happy and inspiring 2012.

hans
Profile PM 
65 replies since Nov. 04 2009, 13:51 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (4) < 1 2 [3] 4 >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net