Group: Musicians
Posted: May 22 2011, 22:12

Nice work  :D
Profile PM 
nightspore Offline

Group: Members
Posted: May 22 2011, 23:53

Quote (hph @ May 20 2011, 13:29)
Youtube usually offers not the best sound. Check this mp3 file to get a better idea if you like the album's sound:

https://files.me.com/hphess/wfkpg8.mp3

It's an excerpt of the finale of Part One.

Cheers,
hans

Very good, Hans  :)
Profile PM 
0+1(I1) Offline

Posted: May 23 2011, 00:16

Milamber,

Did U look at the page in question, the link to where his albums 4 sale?.

I said in my first post that I thought the sample was on whole good, so I gave him credit 4 that & also suggested that if he could at some point supply me/us with a full version I would like to hear it as a fan of this type of music & I/we would in return be happy to give MHO&4free.

Please understand I am not in anyway pointing my finger at the true fans of MO on this site who work hard at creating new sounds or even close mimics of his work that help to fill in between the long periods awaiting something new from the maestro & 4 no more than a love of the type of music mike makes/produces.
We all know its good honest effort that goes into yours Milamber & many others works to create the sort of thing you have been working on, also most here would never think of not accrediting their pieces to mike even going so far as to produce stunning new MO covers that leave little sphere for misrepresenting the identity of the mans music or who it is in the style of, so I hope you will understand now from where I am coming from and how I stand.

TRUE FANS  your backs are bare, you have no guilt to carry, only pride in what you do & have done should be on your shoulders, I am sure MO is proud to have you as fans, in his words I believe!!, there is a star that shines for you, watching everything you do.

REMEMBER M O is struggling for recognition in this new world order he deserves every bit of recognition he can get from any one who claims to be a fan, those which truly are would gladly give credit where credit is due, would they not?.

I will ask again HpH WHY!! the lack of accreditation to Mike?.

ALSO NOW COULD I PLEASE ASK WHY!!! I HAVE HAD NO ANSWER FROM U hph?.

Lastly could you post a photo set of the cover & its full art work as I would love to see you have given recognition on it to your style, being lead by Mike, as then we could all go to bed HAPPY.

HOPE MY ITCH IS CLEAR TO U ALL NOW

--------------
L◎ST ◎MMADAWN VERSI◎N RIDDLE ANSWER
 mIChaeI GOrDOn OIDfIeId.
=  I C   1  G◎D   OO ID I I
or replace the L's that were turned in to I's & 1 gets
ID◎L G◎LD ID◎L (4 ANSWER IN FULL + EXPLANATION, C ALBUM SECTION/☮MMADAWN/i-say-i-say-i-say-i-say-in-answer4XXX4Acr⊕ss
Profile PM 
0+1(I1) Offline

Posted: May 23 2011, 00:29

Thank U for that link nightspore, its settled it 4 me hands down having just heard that, I can say please do not adjust a thing, I put my hand up, I surrender, U may leave any credit 2 mike out of this, go it alone, it would be better for all.

PLEASE see  
EDIT IN ADDITION DUE TO REPLY
(made by hph to me on PM)
(in following post)

ALL READERS OF THIS TOPIC PLEASE NOTE I HAVE NOW FOUND THE ABOVE NOT TO BE TRUE.    (I am now including this edit on 29 May 2011).

Due to new information and the kindly supplied link to more of the music from HPH, I wish to now say this album sounds WONDERFUL, IT IS A TREAT TO THE EARS OF ALL WHO EAGERLY AWAIT SOMETHING NEW FROM THE MAESTRO. It is indeed worth purchasing especially if Hans is kind enough to release it in dvd form with some of his most delicate and beautiful photography.

I am compelled to say sorry and yes I was wrong. I hope all will forgive my mistake as on further investigation I now find evidence that this man lives and breathes Mike's music to such a degree that I can in no way continue to suggest to others that he is guilty of anything other than perhaps spending too much time in Mike's head and working far to hard, also spending too much of his own money to bring us his work.

I would hence like to point people in the direction of his other works as some of these are completely original and very good, some of them have very slight echoes of Mike but so slight as to sound like Mike's style but completely original (sorry for the over use of completely original but I cannot think of any other words to use to describe his other music).

Again I am sorry to all but I do hope you will understand I was trying to protect Mike's work, as I do worry that in history it may get lost or buried by cheap imitations, which would disguise its full message and uniqueness to people of the future or those coming to his music now.

Also as Mike appears to be working so hard to perfect his music e.g. his reworking of old pieces, I feel he is most likely doing this because he is feeling he wants to bow out and leave his work in as perfected state, as he possibly can using the tech of today, thus leaving a legacy of his existence to all who exist here after. Maybe we will even see a compilation of - Michael Gordon Oldfield - The Complete Legacy and Life Works (SO FAR, hopefully). But tubular bells 4, I am sure is in the air, due for arrival soon, of this I 4 1 am convinced, God willing! I1.

[B]

--------------
 mIChaeI GOrDOn OIDfIeId.
ID◎L G◎LD ID◎L (4 ANSWER IN FULL + EXPLANATION, C ALBUM SECTION/☮MMADAWN/i-say-i-say-i-say-i-say-in-answer4XXX4Acr⊕ss
Profile PM 
hph Offline

Posted: May 23 2011, 02:49

Thanks!  ;)
Profile PM 
Milamber Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: May 23 2011, 04:12

A cup of tea would be nice  :)
Profile PM 
0+1(I1) Offline

Posted: May 23 2011, 10:40

EDIT IN ADDITION DUE TO YOUR REPLY,
Well thank you for your reply HPH, as pasted below;

Hi, hph has just replied to the topic you subscribed to. You can switch off this subscription from your control panel. -------------------------------------------------------------Board URL: http://tubular.net/forums/ikonboard.cgiForum:Fan tracksTopic: The Healing Road The topic is located at: http://tubular.net/forums/?act=ST;f=57;t=9338;st=20#entry133467 *Quote* (0 @ 1(I1)+May 23 2011, 00:16)ALSO NOW COULD I PLEASE ASK WHY!!! I HAVE HAD NO ANSWER FROM U hph?.---------------------QUOTE-------------------  Well, first of all: as you may have read English is not my first language so it's not quite easy to understand all the 2 and 4 so it's hard to get what you really mean. You seem to be upset because I name Mike Oldfield on my private site but he's not mentioned on the website of Musea Records where they sell the record, right? Well, I didn't write that text and I have no direct influence on what they write on their pages. They sell the album. Obviously they took some text parts from my homepage to describe the project. On my private homepage which is the only "official" page of the project Mike is mentioned in the VERY FIRST sentence that describes the project. If I'm interested in new music I usually look for an official band site to get more information. Anybody who enters the site reads Mike's Name in the first line. In one of the little videos on youtube ("Backdrop Promoclip 1") you'll find a picture of me in front of my computer where OMMADAWN is running on iTunes, where the HERGEST RIDGE LP lies beside myself and where I hold the TUBULAR BELLS 2009 book in my hands. I don't think I am hiding that influence in ANY way. I'm proud of it.  So I don't know what the fuss is all about, to be honest.  :/ -------------------------------------------------------------

I1 IN REPLY STATES
sorry Hans Peter Hess, I had caused you any confusion by my use of numbers as representations of words YOUR POINT on this is received & understood.

I note that in reply to my question put to you, in my previous posts your answer seems to now be that it is the purveyor's of your wares, that have chosen not too include Mike Oldfield in the write up placed to merchandise/publicise your album, and  that you say they got their information from your site.

This is most interesting to me that you have N0 SAY in the way your product is advertised, also that they in writing it from information (you state) they took from your site, made the choice to ignore completely any of your references thereon written to the influence of Mike Oldfield in your works, HOW STRANGE!.
I am glad WE can clear this up, so to be clear you are now telling us IT WAS THE MERCHANTS FAULT, are you not?.
Yours truly
always I1 (=EYE ONE). ;)  ;)  :/

ALL READERS OF THIS TOPIC PLEASE NOTE I HAVE NOW FOUND THE ABOVE NOT TO BE TRUE.    (I am now including this edit on 29 May 2011).

Due to new information and the kindly supplied link to more of the music from HPH, I wish to now say this album sounds WONDERFUL, IT IS A TREAT TO THE EARS OF ALL WHO EAGERLY AWAIT SOMETHING NEW FROM THE MAESTRO. It is indeed worth purchasing especially if Hans is kind enough to release it in dvd form with some of his most delicate and beautiful photography.

I am compelled to say sorry and yes I was wrong. I hope all will forgive my mistake as on further investigation I now find evidence that this man lives and breathes Mike's music to such a degree that I can in no way continue to suggest to others that he is guilty of anything other than perhaps spending too much time in Mike's head and working far to hard, also spending too much of his own money to bring us his work.

I would hence like to point people in the direction of his other works as some of these are completely original and very good, some of them have very slight echoes of Mike but so slight as to sound like Mike's style but completely original (sorry for the over use of completely original but I cannot think of any other words to use to describe his other music).

Again I am sorry to all but I do hope you will understand I was trying to protect Mike's work, as I do worry that in history it may get lost or buried by cheap imitations, which would disguise its full message and uniqueness to people of the future or those coming to his music now.

Also as Mike appears to be working so hard to perfect his music e.g. his reworking of old pieces, I feel he is most likely doing this because he is feeling he wants to bow out and leave his work in as perfected state, as he possibly can using the tech of today, thus leaving a legacy of his existence to all who exist here after. Maybe we will even see a compilation of - Michael Gordon Oldfield - The Complete Legacy and Life Works (SO FAR, hopefully). But tubular bells 4, I am sure is in the air, due for arrival soon, of this I 4 1 am convinced, God willing!.

--------------
 mIChaeI GOrDOn OIDfIeId.
Profile PM 
nightspore Offline

Posted: May 23 2011, 10:46

Quote (Milamber @ May 23 2011, 04:12)
I was just reading before a few reviews for the Tubular Net 2011 Album   Available Now b.t.w :D on a German forum and all they did was piss and moan, Theirs must of been so much better :/

Cam, sadly, that was always going to happen. The moment people perceive a production by fans, their mental circuitry makes the equation "fans = inferior to the real thing". But as everyone who listens with an open mind to this album would know, many of the tracks on the album would do Mike himself proud.
Profile PM 
hph Offline

Posted: May 23 2011, 12:23

I deleted the posting quoted by I1 above and replaced it by just saying "thanks" because I realised I could explain as long and as much as I want and repeat that I have no bad intentions as often as I can, it'll all end up again with him yelling at me in capital letters like I am accused and he's the prosecutor.

This is not why I'm here, this is not why I'm making humble homerecording CDs every once in a while.

So things are like they are. I mention Mike in the first lines of my album page and Musea chose not to use that line in their advertising site. That's all. I'm not going to discuss any longer about it.
Profile PM 
0+1(I1) Offline

Posted: May 23 2011, 15:53

Thank you hph
for your quick reply above !!.

Can I/we take that as a YES, in answer to my previous post?.
In the way I C 1T (I see it), I alone am not the the judge or all the jury yes you could be close in saying I am performing the role of the prosecutor but a closer more accurate description would be an investigator, as my only interest is the truth, only the many can decide the truth, & at the moment you appear to be placing the onus on/with the company marketing your product as the guilty ones who failed to see/mention, the source of your inspiration in this musical outing.
If so thank you for giving me/us the the awaited answer to my original question as asked on my first post on this subject.
0ver & hopefully 0ut
I1.

Also as Mike appears to be working so hard to perfect his music e.g. his reworking of old pieces, I feel he is most likely doing this because he is feeling he wants to bow out and leave his work in as perfected state, as he possibly can using the tech of today, thus leaving a legacy of his existence to all who exist here after. Maybe we will even see a compilation of - Michael Gordon Oldfield - The Complete Legacy and Life Works (SO FAR, hopefully). But tubular bells 4, I am sure is in the air, due for arrival soon, of this I 4 1 am convinced, God willing!.

--------------
 mIChaeI GOrDOn OIDfIeId.
Profile PM 
Ginger Daddy Offline

Posted: May 23 2011, 16:08

Quote (0+1(I1) @ May 23 2011, 20:53)
Can I/we <SNIP>
If so thank you for giving me/us  <SNIP>

Hey man,

Please stop saying "I/we". Until someone else takes your corner please just say 'I'.

I'm certainly not interested in the veiled attacks you're making on hph's integrity. His record company chose the text for their page - so what?

Mike Oldfield has his fortune, hph does it as a hobby.

Please just cut it out.

Cheers,
Terry.
PS: you may want to take a look at some of the articles on this site - http://theoatmeal.com/tag/grammar :)

--------------
http://purplerhapsody.co.uk - no words, just emotions
Profile PM WEB 
ex member 178 Offline

Posted: May 23 2011, 17:07

Hi Hans

Well, the German Mike Oldfield!! I've just had a listen to Backdrop Part 1 and Part 2..... soooo MO 70's and some nice production there.

Nice work my friend!

Martin (Quietman)
Profile PM 
ex member 137 Offline

Posted: May 23 2011, 17:40

Quote (Ginger Daddy @ May 23 2011, 22:08)
Quote (0 @ 1(I1)+May 23 2011, 20:53)
Can I/we <SNIP>
If so thank you for giving me/us  <SNIP>

Hey man,

Please stop saying "I/we". Until someone else takes your corner please just say 'I'.

I'm certainly not interested in the veiled attacks you're making on hph's integrity. His record company chose the text for their page - so what?

Mike Oldfield has his fortune, hph does it as a hobby.

Please just cut it out.

Cheers,
Terry.
PS: you may want to take a look at some of the articles on this site - http://theoatmeal.com/tag/grammar :)

.I think thats a little out of order. I reckon i1 has raised a good point thru his investigation and should recieve some credit, for having a good go at writing English, when his native language is Greek. I stand in your corner Spiros.

It was a good point to raise and worthy of your investigation.

We now all understand that it was the management of his record company who let him down, because they didn't deem Mike Oldfield to be worthy of mention.

:(
Profile PM 
hph Offline

Posted: May 24 2011, 01:37

Oh come on. Nobody "let me down". I am glad to have Musea, a small company run by people who love music more than profit. They give me the chance to hold my CD in my hands, to find some listeners and to get at least a part of the money back that I put into the project.

Of course I could sit down now and write a mail to the PR guy who put together the text. He's a nice person, I think he would change the text if I would absolutely insist. Next thing that would happen is that some other member of the holy inquisition would come up telling me that he read the name Mike Oldfield several times on my page and on the advertising page of the album but he could not find any information that Mike played on the record, wrote music for the record or was involved in any other way in the project. I already see it in front of my mind's eye: "so U R using HIS name to sell more of YOUR records, this is what U R telling us NOW, RIGHT?" I'm tired of that kind of things.

So everything stays like it is, like it or not, listen to it or not, and write about it whatever you want, it's your right to do so. Whoever goes to public with his musical attempts has to deal with it.  ;)
Profile PM 
ex member 178 Offline

Posted: May 24 2011, 03:50

There seem to be a bit of a 'Witch Hunt' for poor old Hans. He has written some quite inspiring music so I say lay off him! So what if his record company hasn't mentioned MO ... IT WASN'T HIS FAULT! Yes, there clearly is the MO influence with Gabriel and Yes in the melting pot as well.

He comes on here to promote his music and he gets nothing but grieve. I welcome him to the forum as he can (and has) make a great contribution. I can see some of his tracks going onto The Tubular Net Group Album 2012... ready for that Cam!!

Like many of us, Ginger Daddy, Milamber, Dunlooser, Tubular Tos etc... we all write music for the love of it and as a hobby (trying to balance it with the day job) so it should not get too serious guys.....
Profile PM 
hph Offline

Posted: May 24 2011, 15:45

First of all, thanks to everyone who tried to help me in this strange situation here.

After having been ran over by this whole fuss, I have a few final points to add:

1. Yes, I've been quite busy making albums over the last years, so my few postings here were postings about my music. But I am listening to Oldfield's music since the late seventies, my first own LP ever was a "best of" - collection of Mike Oldfield from 1980. I've been a loyal fan and customer of Mike ever since. So I think it's ok to allow me to come in here every once in a while. ;)

2. No, I am certainly not one of those who call themselves "true fans". Presuming to know the "true fans" from the "false" (?) ones and being arrogant enough to count myself to the "true fans" and patronize others is not my cup of tea. This reminds me of people who call themselves "true christians" because they presume to know God's will and condemn the others even if they believe in the same God.

3. One guy wants to pin me down as a pseudo-fan who's only here to sell his stolen music without giving Mike appropriate credit. That's understood. Other people who are a lot more polite wrote that there was some kind of "record company's fault”, not mine. No, folks, there was no fault at all. It was my decision to lay open the inspiration and the making of the album because I had so much fun and wanted to share it. I didn't have to do this, I didn't have to say anything about why, when and how I recorded this album. I told the guy at Musea someday that if he’ll need information about the project he should feel free to go to www.healingroad.de which he did now. He then decided what to write in his very short promo-text. Some people may like it, others not, that's ok, but writing four or five short sentences about an amateur album in a small online shop should not be considered a crime only because there's no "Oldfield" in it. This is simply ridiculous.

4. This evening I don't give a sh*t about all the fuss because today I got my copies from Musea Records. Printing and sound are very good and I'm happy and proud today. Mentioning Mike's name on my homepage in connection with this project has brought up a huge sense of responsibility and the best tribute to his art is to deliver the very best product I can. This is much more important to me than repeating his name a hundred times on internet sites and telling everybody fanboy stories. And today, after 11 months of working on it together with 7 people, I'm happy to say: it certainly has some weaknesses because I'm just a hobby musician, but this is definitely the best album I could make at this time. :)

Enough said, now back to the true fans' and investigators' postings and I'm sorry about the turbulences in here, I didn't want to cause any trouble. ;)
hans
Profile PM 
Ginger Daddy Offline

Posted: May 24 2011, 17:26

Quote (hph @ May 24 2011, 20:45)
This evening I don't give a sh*t about all the fuss because today I got my copies from Musea Records. Printing and sound are very good and I'm happy and proud today.

This is almost the best bit about being a hobby musician - I know EXACTLY how you feel.

Congratulations!!!!

Cheers,
Terry.

--------------
http://purplerhapsody.co.uk - no words, just emotions
Profile PM WEB 
hph Offline

Posted: May 25 2011, 16:29

Quote (Ginger Daddy @ May 24 2011, 17:26)
This is almost the best bit about being a hobby musician - I know EXACTLY how you feel.

Yeah, having the CD in your hands finally and realizing that you made it is wonderful.

Ok, folks, I've been quite pissed off by all the drama here. Time to do something positive. Here's an mp3 version of Part 2. Final version, mastered, taken directly from the CD.

https://files.me.com/hphess/25okaj.mp3

This is not stolen music. Length, instrumentation (mallets, flutes, electric guitars) and form (about 20 min long, folk tunes at the end) are influenced by Mike. But no melody or chord sequence is a copy. Other influences? Well, I think Thommy added a small Ry Cooder guitar part and I definitely added the James Bond Theme on the banjo, you'll find it as well as other influences if you listen carefully.

Regards,
hans
Profile PM 
ex member 178 Offline

Posted: May 25 2011, 18:34

Quote (hph @ May 25 2011, 21:29)
Quote (Ginger Daddy @ May 24 2011, 17:26)

Yeah, having the CD in your hands finally and realizing that you made it is wonderful.

Ok, folks, I've been quite pissed off by all the drama here. Time to do something positive. Here's an mp3 version of Part 2. Final version, mastered, taken directly from the CD.

https://files.me.com/hphess/25okaj.mp3

This is not stolen music. Length, instrumentation (mallets, flutes, electric guitars) and form (about 20 min long, folk tunes at the end) are influenced by Mike. But no melody or chord sequence is a copy. Other influences? Well, I think Thommy added a small Ry Cooder guitar part and I definitely added the James Bond Theme on the banjo, you'll find it as well as other influences if you listen carefully.

Regards,
hans

Hi Hans

Thanks for providing the download link to "Backdrop Part 2"... I don't normally have the patience to listen to a 25 minute track as I'm always listening to other music or trying to write my next composition. However, this time I listened to this wonderful piece of music.

The way it has been crafted definitly conjures up a strong MO influence. I see this sits in the MO albums of the 70's with such albums like Incantations, Hergest Ridge and Ommadawn. I also hear shades of Genesis and Jethro Tull. Now, that's just what my ears are telling me, others will here other influences and I'm not strong on prog rock music as I'm mainly influenced by 80's synth electronica onwards (mind you I'm listenning to "Afro Celt Sound System" as I'm writing this to contradict myself!;). The folk song at the end could sit well at this years Cambridge Folk Festival! Great!

Overall, a brilliant piece played by you and your mates which must have taken ages to bring all the ideas together.

Keep it coming and dont let the bastards grind you down!!
Profile PM 
wiga Offline

Posted: May 26 2011, 02:49

hph - I don't think you should be made to feel you have to justify yourself to anyone.

Your instrumentals are beautiful btw.

--------------
Barn's burnt down - now I can see the moon.
Profile PM 
65 replies since Nov. 04 2009, 13:51 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (4) < 1 [2] 3 4 >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net