Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: The Exorcist: The beginning trailer< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Olivier Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: June 11 2004, 14:58

The trailer for The Exorcist: The Beginning, premiered by MTV, contains the usual extracts from Tubular Bells. The movie is to be released by Warner on Aug 20.
(Thanks, Lord Of The Bells).
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Posted: June 11 2004, 15:18

I believe it's Tubular Bells 2003 which is featured in the film - Mike's involvement was mentioned some time ago. It of course helps that the film has been made by Warner!
Profile PM 
Olivier Offline

Posted: June 11 2004, 15:22

I wonder who wrote the soundtrack and how things went to integrate the Tubular Bells notes. It would be interesting for example to organize an interview between the composer and Mike Oldfield...
Profile PM 
Jammer Offline

Group: Members
Posted: June 11 2004, 16:02

I hope they use more of 'Introduction' in the finished film. Looks like it's good news again for Mike's bank balance :)
Profile PM 
theweightless Offline

Posted: June 11 2004, 23:02

Hey that's a Finnish film, by the part that Renny Harlin is the Director :) I like most of the films he has done, he's best known by action movies. well, interested to see result of this one and hear how they've used TB in it.

--------------
ASMK
Profile PM 
Nacho Offline

Posted: June 12 2004, 05:46

Quote (Olivier @ June 11 2004, 15:22)
I wonder who wrote the soundtrack and how things went to integrate the Tubular Bells notes. It would be interesting for example to organize an interview between the composer and Mike Oldfield...

Michael Kamen had originally been selected to compose the score. Schrader replaced him with Christopher Young shortly before his notorious "exec screening" that had him replaced as director.

But it seems finally that the Original Score is from Trevor Rabin...
Profile PM 
Nacho Offline

Posted: June 12 2004, 05:48

To explain the last post, from imdb.com:

Morgan Creek Productions fired 'Paul Schrader' after he had submitted a completed movie, saying that he had given them "footage without any of the bloody violence the backers had wanted". He had already made it clear in interviews that he was making more of a psychological drama than an all-out gore-fest. He was fired and Renny Harlin was hired to re-shoot the movie. Almost 90% of the movie was re-shot and at least two characters have been dropped from Paul Schrader's version of the movie.
Profile PM 
TOBY Offline

Posted: June 12 2004, 07:00

Just to add to Nacho's info. Latest news is aparantly Warner are considering releasing both versions of the film shot. Or at least releasing the Renny Harlin version at the cinema and the Paul Shrader version as a DVD only release.

Looks even better for Mike's bank balance  ;)
Profile PM 
James
Unregistered

Posted: June 12 2004, 17:42

Riveting stuff chaps!
zinho
Unregistered

Posted: June 13 2004, 14:30

Trevor Rabin Has done the score for the film
Sir Mustapha Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: June 21 2004, 13:11

Is it just me or are they going to transform the idea of The Exorcist into a generic, "hip" 00's horror flick? Sorry, but I don't like the idea at all. The comment about "footage without any of the bloody violence the backers had wanted" doesn't help matters any. And the official website is bloody annoying. It looks like a trend-following horror FPS game.

And Trevor Rabin wrote the original score? That Trevor Rabin? God help us!

--------------
Check out http://ferniecanto.com.br for all my music, including my latest albums: Don't Stay in the City, Making Amends and Builders of Worlds.
Also check my Bandcamp page: http://ferniecanto.bandcamp.com
Profile PM WEB 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: June 21 2004, 14:49

Quote (Sir Mustapha @ June 21 2004, 14:11)
And Trevor Rabin wrote the original score? That Trevor Rabin? God help us!

That Trevor Rabin who played guitars on Yes.He did the score for Armaggedon,as far as I can remember right now.
Not too bad if you compare to his work on Yes.

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
olracUK Offline

Posted: June 21 2004, 19:38

well, i for one liked rabins work with Yes, and the idea of mikes themes intermingled with some decent guitar work doesn't sound bad at all.

Horror genre is not my fav, but a classic is still a classic. Haven't we seen this re-made with Executive Producer theme before?

--------------
The answer is 42 - but what is the question?
Profile PM 
theweightless Offline

Posted: June 22 2004, 07:42

Gone in 60 Seconds and The One  :cool:  good soundtracks and Armageddon too

--------------
ASMK
Profile PM 
13 replies since June 11 2004, 14:58 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net