TimHighfield Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Feb. 16 2001, 20:57

On the SVR front page (after the animation intro):

FREE DEMO

COMING SOON

I like the sound of that!

Any guesses as to exactly how soon?

(I wouldn't think too long, because of all the updates they keep doing- but they might be covering up inactivity instead)

Will the demo say: Note that this does not show the true quality of SVR? wink

Or will it just consist of:

The Cactus VRML with Real Piano in the background with a seagull flying over it?

I'm joking, of course, and hopefully this isn't what it's going to be like.

The countdown begins- I think that most users of the Forums/subscribers to mailing lists with the "right" technology will try the free demo. (Well, that's what a demo's for)

The Rings, They Are A-Coming

-Tim-
Profile PM WEB 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Mar. 11 2001, 21:34

It arrives and, as expected, sightings of tumbledaliphatweeds have been reported...

i think some people are now wishing that the demo doesn't show the true quality of SVR but...I think maybe it's too late for Mike to make any excuses now...
Profile PM 
rosko Offline

Posted: Mar. 12 2001, 05:09

As I've said in the news forum, this isn't the full demo, it's just an engine test.
Profile PM 
Pacha Daddy Offline

Posted: Mar. 12 2001, 08:28

Regardless of whether it's a demo or an engine test, I think it was a bit of mistake to release such a bare-bones piece of software. It doesn't show the depth that the project will (theoretically) have, it didn't have any sound (or mine didn't), and it wasn't in the least bit engaging.
If you're going to dangle this kind of thing in front of people, you've got to make them WANT it--you don't want them thinking, "That's it?"
Look at it this way: This demo/engine/whatever couldn't hold the attention of Pacha Kid, my three-year-old son. And he LOVES the computer.
Profile PM WEB 
tubularbills Offline

Posted: April 05 2001, 18:58

Ah!!!! less than one day! Of course all you people in England are probably already downloading it, but i still have to wait at lesat six hours! d'oh!

--------------
Terrible, Wonderful, Crazy, Perfect.
Profile PM 
Thea Cochrane Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: April 06 2001, 05:45

It's not up yet, and it's nearly 11am as I write.

But isn't it nice to see the burning cactus make a re-appearance. Does anyone have any idea where the burning cactus fits into things?
Profile PM 
5 replies since Feb. 16 2001, 20:57 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net