Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: The 4th Mike Oldfield Symposium was held on May 25< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
sergenri Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Oct. 03 2003, 06:25

The 4th Mike Oldfield Symposium was held on May 25, '03.
(TOKYO,JAPAN)

Live Performance
At Ochanomizu Christian Center IRENE HALL

GRYFFINDOR (Sony:guitar,piano,chorus Harulin:vocal)
Ricken (guitar)

On May 25th, 2003, the fourth Mike Oldfield symposium was held at the
Irene Hall in Ochanomizu Tokyo.
More than 50 fans participated in this symposium. It consisted of a
video of the "Exposed Tour" and listening to music from the album
"Tubular Bells, 2003".
The main event was a chance for fans to see rare mini concert of Mr.
Ricken,
Mr. Sony and Ms. Harulin performing live together.
Also, fans had fantastic opportunity to listen to Mike's concert live.
They had a fascinating and memorable time.

Ricken Solo Performance
240x180 5'02" (3.8MB)

Moonlight Shadow
240x180 3'56" (3.0MB)  

Orabidoo
240x180 2'22" (1.8MB)

The Inner Child
240x180 3'49" (2.9MB)  
Special Thinks!

H.Shibata

Ricken (Ricken's Laboratory)

GRYFFINDOR (Sony & Harulin)

Ricken Solo PerformanceMoonlight ShadowOrabidoothe inner child

--------------
Rejoignez la Tubular Mailing List francophone !
http://www.tubular.free.fr/tubular.php
Profile PM 
DanishDonJuan Offline

Posted: Oct. 03 2003, 06:48

Wish I was there :/

--------------
If every road we traveled were the easy, we would be weak, and would eventually think every road difficult.
If every road we traveled tough, we would be strong and eventually think no road to be difficult.

Its the tough road that leads to happiness.
A smooth sea never made a great sailor.
Profile PM 
ktran Offline

Posted: Oct. 03 2003, 08:35

Hey, this is pretty damned cool! Good guitar playing and singing... The distorted ovation (what's the world coming to?) reminds me of the time I put my classical guitar through an effects pedal to try to do something like that. It worked better here though :-)

rgds,

--------------
Khoa Tran
www.suspendedseconds.ca
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: Oct. 03 2003, 17:05

Quote (ktran @ Oct. 03 2003, 14:35)
The distorted ovation (what's the world coming to?) reminds me of the time I put my classical guitar through an effects pedal to try to do something like that.

Haha, you know what, Khoa? I often put my two acoustic guitars (a Fender and a 12-string Yamaha) through heavy distortion... and I've found a setting on my Boss MT-2 that works perfectly - no feedback, no noise - just a very smooth and very heavy distortion, very well suited to pieces like 'Out of mind', for example. ;)
However, I don't think that distorting an acoustic guitar is that uncommon. I've seen people (great guitar players) do it during live TV performances, and there's a guy here, named Alex Britti, doing it all the time, with wonderful results. :)

@ Sergenri: sorry for the huge off-topic. ;)

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Oct. 05 2003, 20:45

Now, sergenri, a couple of things...

First off is that on this board, you only need to post topics in one place. Post multiples and they'll just get deleted, and all you'll have achieved is to make someone like myself that little bit more irritated.

Secondly, certain things suggest to me that you're not actually from Japan, which leads me to suspect that this isn't your own work. It's fine if you want to suggest things for other people to listen to/look at, but the fan tracks forums are intended for users of the board who wish to promote their work to other fans. Normally I'd suggest that 'Other artists' is a good place to post about music by...well...other artists. Seeing as this topic has a 'Fans around the world' slant, however, it seems rather appropriate to place it there.

My apologies if I'm mistaken and you are one of the performers. You would have done well to explain that, instead of using what seems suspiciously similar to a message sent to Amarok a few months ago as your message text.
Profile PM 
4 replies since Oct. 03 2003, 06:25 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net