Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (7) < [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Tell Us Something We Don't Know, (shocking and not so shocking secrets)< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Sweetpea Offline

Group: Members
Posted: July 21 2008, 01:05

• I seem to have no musical talent, at all
  • The last time I got drunk was more than ten years ago
  • I frequently use an online dictionary when composing my posts.

--------------
"I'm no physicist, but technically couldn't Mike both be with the horse and be flying through space at the same time? (On account of the earth's orbit around the Sun and all that). So it seems he never had to make the choice after all. I bet he's kicking himself now." - clotty
Profile PM 
Scatterplot Offline

Posted: July 21 2008, 03:07

I have some musical talent.
I got drunk Saturday.
I never use a dictionary.
I like to dress up in men's clothes.
I drive a car.
The car is a Mazda.
The Mazda is sand mica colored.
I smoke.
I get my cigs from the Ukraine.
I find out a lot of Mike Oldfield news by hanging out in front of the liquor store.
I call George W. Bush "Governor Bush" because that was the last elected office he legally won.
I like beer.
I like cheese(not cheddar much).
I live in a nutty place(Texas).
I wear size 9 shoes.
Thats about it.
Jim

--------------
We raise our voices in the night
Crying to heaven
And will our voices be heard
Or will they break Like the wind
Profile PM 
Unregistered

Posted: July 21 2008, 05:28

I was the second shooter on the grassy knoll in Dallas..
I killed Gandhi too..
:cool:
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: July 21 2008, 08:35

I wanna be an astrounaut one day.

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
Sir Mustapha Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: July 21 2008, 09:25

- I write Backyardigans fanfiction.

- I've been composing music at such a slow pace it's stupefying.

- I have a problem remembering people's names and associating the names to the faces.

- I've already considered visiting Internet forums pretending I'm gay, just to piss off the homophobes.

- I hate it when people abbreviate "real life" as RL. It makes it seem like real life is such an insignificant, secondary thing that it doesn't even deserve being spelled in full.

- If I were female or gay, I'd probably have a crush on David Byrne. And on Squarepusher.

- I don't pay attention to women on the street. Especially the beautiful ones.

- I really got carried away by this, didn't I?

--------------
Check out http://ferniecanto.com.br for all my music, including my latest albums: Don't Stay in the City, Making Amends and Builders of Worlds.
Also check my Bandcamp page: http://ferniecanto.bandcamp.com
Profile PM WEB 
Harmono Offline

Posted: July 21 2008, 09:55

• I've recently started using an online dictionary when composing my posts
  • I don't have a drivers license and I'm not going to get one
  • I hate the town where I live in
  • For breakfast I have an orange, a boiled egg, a piece of rye bread with tomato, a glass of light cola drink or green tea and some fish oil, it's a must do thing
  • I don't drink coffee because it makes me shake
  • I talk to my cat about many things
  • I've seen every episode of Star Trek: The Next Generation
  • I haven't got laid in almost three years
  • I'm afraid the whole planet is going into a huge energy crisis in about 20 years
  • I shave my armpits
  • I had all Michael Bolton albums when I was eleven

EDIT: I deleted some "secrets" that maybe weren't appropriate information. Remember kids, you saw nothing.
Profile PM 
Harmono Offline

Posted: July 21 2008, 10:28

Quote (Sir Mustapha @ July 21 2008, 15:25)
- If I were female or gay, I'd probably have a crush on David Byrne. And on Squarepusher.

:laugh:  Personally, I'd go for Jeff Goldblum.

No you didn't.
Profile PM 
moonchildhippy Offline

Posted: July 21 2008, 17:39

Quote (Harmono @ July 21 2008, 14:28)
Quote (Sir Mustapha @ July 21 2008, 15:25)

:laugh:  Personally, I'd go for Jeff Goldblum.

No you didn't.

Richard Hammond for me :)  :D oh I'm female anyway.  I must admit he looked sexy in that hunting gear on last nights Top Gear ;) , I'm not sure about hunting/killing foxes, I know they can be a pest to farmers.  I like seeing the hunters dressed up, and it's something quintessentially English, but to me drag hunting is a better alternative if it's all about the thrill of the chase. I know why not 4x4 hunting, more fun than drag hunting or chasing a fox.

here is the sexy Mr Hammond in his hunting attire    :D (yes already found it on line)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0ywy0jqI08

--------------
I'm going slightly mad,
It finally happened, I'm slightly mad , just very slightly mad

If you feel a little glum to Hergest Ridge you should come.

I'm challenging  taboos surrounding mental health

"Part time hippy"

I'M SUPPORTING OUR SOLDIERS

BRING OUR TROOPS HOME NOW!!
Profile PM 
moonchildhippy Offline

Posted: July 21 2008, 17:51

I hate the town I live in
I keep tropical fish
I believe the W in George W Bush stands for, well it rhymes with banker and tanker
I wanted to be a train driver
I applied to join the RAF when I was 17
I sometimes have conversations where I try and speak in German
I try and talk in Elvish, yes i'm a big fan of Tolkien
I talk to my boyfriend in Clanger whistles for fun
I once stuffed a towel down the loo when I was about 3 or 4
At this time I smothered my hair with vaseline one morning,a little  later that day I swallowed a ball of the tip of an aeireal,of a transistor radio and had to go up the A&E (Emergency Room) with my  hair still covered in vaseline.

--------------
I'm going slightly mad,

"Part time hippy"

Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: July 21 2008, 17:58

I don't know how many of these are really things you don't know, since I mentioned them several times here on the board and elsewhere. However, here I go.

- My lifetime passion, other than music, is diving. I do both apnea and traditional SCUBA and I'm a little bit of an expert in both.

- The first time I dived [or «I dove»? - sounds a bit strange!! :D] with a SCUBA tank I was 10 and I was shit-scared. Sometimes I still am, when I'm diving in places I don't really know - which I tend to avoid.

- With a couple of friends, I've recorded two albums of songs in pure singer-songwriter pop style. We're currently working on the third.

- I've put a poem by Ben Barden ("Moz") to music. Or better, I've put music to a poem by Ben Barden. :)

- My favourite films of all time are The Fugitive, A Few Good Men, The Silence of the Lambs, Disclosure and Blade Runner.

- The version of Blade Runner I prefer over all the others (including the Final Cut) is the 1982 "International Cut" featuring the violent scenes, the voice-over narration and the happy ending.

- I am firmly convinced that Deckard is NOT a replicant in any version of Blade Runner.

- I've used all of the following as nicknames during the good ol' times spent chatting on mIRC: RickDeckard, Deckard, RoyBatty, Sebastian, JFSebastian, Leon, Kowalsky, Holden, Gaff, Bryant, HarryBryant.

- I know by heart every single line (including the pauses) of Rutger Hauer's final "Tears in rain" monologue.

- I love the Blade Runner soundtrack by Vangelis, and I hate all of the other (non-Vangelis) music used in the movie.

- My favourite song of all time is not by Mike Oldfield. However, my second favourite song of all time is. :D

- My music tastes are as varied and eclectic as to include, among the CDs I have, the full discographies of Iron Maiden, Enya, Depeche Mode and Andrea Bocelli.

- I once chatted with Mike Oldfield in person. Korgscrew and another board member (I don't remember who it was, maybe Tim Highfield) also did.

- I like James Blunt a lot. He's another artist I have the (almost) full discography of.

- I bought a completely useless guitar pedal in 1994 because I wanted to imitate Kurt Cobain playing "The Man Who Sold the World". I still have that pedal.

- I'm usually not able to determine the precise moment in which I should stop writing rubbish. :p

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
Philippe Tavares Offline

Posted: July 21 2008, 18:04

Quote (Sweetpea @ July 21 2008, 01:05)
  • I frequently use an online dictionary when composing my posts.

:p Oh God we've got the same secret !

> My job is truck driver ....can't believe i've confessed it to you!
> I can't tell you the last time i was drunk . I don't remember . Because ... i was drunk !:zzz:
Profile PM 
Harmono Offline

Posted: July 21 2008, 18:08

Moonchildhippy, first I thought you meant that other guy, Clarkson.
 :p  What a weird show that Top Gear is by the way.
Profile PM 
Harmono Offline

Posted: July 21 2008, 18:19

Quote (Ugo @ July 21 2008, 23:58)
- I once chatted with Mike Oldfield in person. Korgscrew and another board member (I don't remember who it was, maybe Tim Highfield) also did.

What did you chat about?????
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: July 21 2008, 18:36

@ Harmono: about his music, of course. I remember asking him whose voice it was singing "Sana Rosana" in Taurus II (he replied: his own), and what was the main 'goal' of the player in the Tr3s Lunas game (he replied: there isn't one).

And more...

- My job is teaching English language and literature.

- My favourite English bands are Iron Maiden and Pet Shop Boys. :D

- In the eternal Beatles vs. Rolling Stones battle, I choose Beatles. However, I don't totally dislike the Stones, especially their lesser-known stuff. :)

- Also, add Apocalypse Now to my list of all-time film favs. I have the Complete Dossier DVD box set of it.

--------------
Profile PM 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: July 21 2008, 18:42

Quote (Ugo @ July 21 2008, 19:58)

I had also the chance,once in 2002 and another in 2003.

Other things you don't know about me:

- I prefer Europe than Brazil.Most of the things I like are unusual here,but in Europe nope.

- I'm a european trance fan: I'm a great fan of Armin Van Buuren and others on that area,except for Tiësto and Paul Van Dyk.

- When I speak English,I've got that wonderful british accent.

- People here think I'm a GPS since I know how to walk around even without a map in my hand,even with a quick look I can find the place I wanna go.

- People seem to think I'm younger than I'm really is - last year when I was in London,I decided to buy National Lottery Instants and I had to show my passaport to prove I was over 16  :laugh:

-I've been a Phil Collins fan since 1989.

-I'm a private teacher: when high school students need help with maths,chemistry,physics,biology and english,here I go and save'em!

-I do love space missions/space,and everything related.Currently freaking with When We Left Earth: The NASA Missions on Discovery Channel here.

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
Ugo Offline

Posted: July 21 2008, 19:05

- Although I've never been in the military, and although I absolutely detest war, I have a special fondness for uniforms. And also for workmen's so-called 'protective' clothes, and body-suits in general. I don't like that Japanese thing, though... what's its name? Ah, zentai. :)

- I drive a Vespa very like this one, but when I drive it I wear this helmet. I also have this Dainese suit (you see, my Vespa is red...), but in these days I can't wear it because it's too fuckin' hot here in Italy. :D

-  I wasn't drafted because of health matters. But I regret not having served...

- The very latest song I learnt to play is "Teenagers", by My Chemical Romance.

--------------
Profile PM 
olracUK Offline

Posted: July 21 2008, 19:08

So - what don't you already know about me? Those I've met on irc, MSN or in RL (to wind Sir M up a bit hehe  :p  ) probably know too much anyway.

* I'm 6' 5" or nearly 2 meters tall
* I smoke and drink far too much
* I beat Mike in a game of flying in Maestro, but my son beat both of us
* Deckard is a replicant, but only in the book version
* Having 3 kids, I'm an expert on Nick, Nick Jr and CBeebies - go on , ask me a question!
* I love playing URU/Myst games
* I skipped school and under-performed, and now am horrified my number 1 son is doing the same
* grey hairs are starting to appear
* I was caught shoplifting and earnt community service when i was a teenager
* I have Neil Diamond, ABBA and the Carpenters on my playlists (blush)
* I promise lots but hardly ever deliver ( UK fan meet anyone?)

--------------
The answer is 42 - but what is the question?
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: July 21 2008, 19:41

Quote (olracUK @ July 22 2008, 01:08)
* Deckard is a replicant, but only in the book version

No, he isn't. I do have the book (Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?). In a scene, Deckard and another guy test each other with the Voight-Kampff machine, and they both come out clean. :) This is also quoted here. However, I wouldn't want this to turn into a BR thread as I've already been through too many of them. :D

By the way - I don't smoke, I don't drink and I don't take drugs. Also, I'm not engaged. But I'm not gay - I'm definitely straight.

--------------
Profile PM 
moonchildhippy Offline

Posted: July 21 2008, 20:04

Oh yes in addition to my earlier post I've driven 31 202 and 31 282 respectively, these are 2 British Railways Clas 31 Diesel Locomotives, each with an "English Electric"  1,470 horse POWEEEEERRRRRRR engine, and I wasn't a train driver   :cool:  :)  :D .

I've now swapped my idea of being a train driver for the idea of training as a counsellor, but there's always preserved railways, and to me that's much more exciting.

For more on Class 31's see here
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Rail_Class_31

--------------
I'm going slightly mad,

"Part time hippy"

Profile PM 
Gladstoner Offline

Posted: July 21 2008, 20:09

I am the walrus.

--------------
You don't find great music. It finds you.
Profile PM 
122 replies since July 21 2008, 01:05 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (7) < [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net