Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (7) < 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Tell Us Something We Don't Know, (shocking and not so shocking secrets)< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Ugo Offline

Group: Members
Posted: July 21 2008, 20:13

@ Gladstoner: the walrus was Paul. :)

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
Harmono Offline

Posted: July 21 2008, 20:28

Quote (Tati The Sentinel @ July 22 2008, 00:42)
- People seem to think I'm younger than I'm really is - last year when I was in London,I decided to buy National Lottery Instants and I had to show my passaport to prove I was over 16  :laugh:

That kind of thing happens to me all the time. There's this one very sour lady in particular who always asks for an ID when I buy cigarettes. I'm starting to think she has something against me. If she does it again, I'll surely ask her if she perhaps eats too much lemons. After all, I do have a real man-beard, for god's sake. *waves his fist*

Quote (olracUK @ July 22 2008, 01:08)
* I'm 6' 5" or nearly 2 meters tall

I'm 5' 6" or 170 centimetres. What, did you call me short?!
Profile PM 
Inkanta Offline

Group: Admins
Posted: July 21 2008, 21:10

Quote (Sir Mustapha @ July 21 2008, 08:25)
- I have a problem remembering people's names and associating the names to the faces.

- I hate it when people abbreviate "real life" as RL. It makes it seem like real life is such an insignificant, secondary thing that it doesn't even deserve being spelled in full.

Re: Names/Faces:  Me, too, to an extent. So does Jane Goodall.
Re: RL:  Have to admit I love the abbreviation and use it frequently. But then again, I abbreviate my own name cos I get tired of typing it out.

Lessee...what else (fun topic, Sweetpea):

*Sometimes I drive top down while running the heat or air.
*I am a librarian but not a particularly voracious reader. I love linking people with information and developing new services. I do like to read, but my spare time is spent in motion, keyboarding, or doing kidstuff.
*In the last 9 months, my divorce was final, I bought two houses (the first was next door to my ex), changed jobs, and moved 1000 miles away (MO to NY).
*Before seeing Mike in March, the last concert I attended was Hilary Duff with the kids (think so, anyway).
*I hug standing stones and the walls of gorges.
*I am addicted to chocolate. I am a chocolate achiever. :D
*Once while running I found $5.00 and turned it into the police station (better than turning it into a frog?) hahaha.
*I am a poster child for GPS. One time I almost got stuck in a cow pasture while lost and wasn't sure where I'd have told anyone to find me. Second cow paddy to the left??
*Twice I have had to chase the postman all over town looking for my belly dancing stuff to have it in time for performing.
*My youngest daughter is the walrus. Or maybe a walrus wannabee.

--------------
"No such thing as destiny; only choices exist." From:  Moongarden's "Solaris."
Profile PM 
Harmono Offline

Posted: July 21 2008, 21:16

Quote (Ugo @ July 22 2008, 00:36)
@ Harmono: about his music, of course. I remember asking him whose voice it was singing "Sana Rosana" in Taurus II (he replied: his own), and what was the main 'goal' of the player in the Tr3s Lunas game (he replied: there isn't one).

He really isn't a man of many words. I can actually picture him answering questions just by playing a few notes on his guitar, a short, low damped power chord for 'no', a high pitched squeak for 'yes' and the 'fast riff' from Amarok for 'this interview is over'. (Man he's brilliant! )
Profile PM 
moonchildhippy Offline

Posted: July 22 2008, 00:11

Quote (Harmono @ July 22 2008, 00:28)
- People seem to think I'm younger than I'm really is - last year when I was in London,I decided to buy National Lottery Instants and I had to show my passaport to prove I was over 16  :laugh:

That kind of thing happens to me all the time. There's this one very sour lady in particular who always asks for an ID when I buy cigarettes. I'm starting to think she has something against me. If she does it again, I'll surely ask her if she perhaps eats too much lemons. After all, I do have a real man-beard, for god's sake. *waves his fist*

I had that once when I was 33, I was asked my age when I went to buy some bottles of real ale. I'v jeard of under 18's looking older, but looking like  33 year olds, even though I looked about 28  :O  :/ .

Come on folks don't be so heightest :laugh:

--------------
I'm going slightly mad,
It finally happened, I'm slightly mad , just very slightly mad

If you feel a little glum to Hergest Ridge you should come.

I'm challenging  taboos surrounding mental health

"Part time hippy"

I'M SUPPORTING OUR SOLDIERS

BRING OUR TROOPS HOME NOW!!
Profile PM 
Sweetpea Offline

Posted: July 22 2008, 01:24

Harmono and Tubular Tos, do you also use an online thesaurus? I ask because it's struck me that I use an online dictionary, but a physical thesaurus. So I've now gone and bookmarked the online Roget's Thesaurus for future use. Oh, and I use a rhyming dictionary for my poetry.

Tati you have my admiration for your sense of direction. Inkanta, you have my sympathy for your lack of one. I get lost inside hotels.
  • One of the things I love about Autumn is Dryer's Limited Edition Pumpkin Ice Cream.
  • I once smacked into an automatic sliding door. A slow acting automatic sliding door.
  • For a while, after watching the last film version of "Pride & Prejudice", I had a little 'girl-crush' on Keira Knightly.
  • I once had a canvas tote bag with "WWGD? (What Would Gandalf Do?)" on it. It met a mangled end when I accidentally added it to the laundry. I miss that bag.
  • I slapped the first boy who kissed me. It was on the cheek and in 4th grade.
  • I like to fantasize about food.

--------------
    "I'm no physicist, but technically couldn't Mike both be with the horse and be flying through space at the same time? (On account of the earth's orbit around the Sun and all that). So it seems he never had to make the choice after all. I bet he's kicking himself now." - clotty
Profile PM 
nightspore Offline

Posted: July 22 2008, 01:31

Quote (Inkanta @ July 21 2008, 21:10)
*I am addicted to chocolate. I am a chocolate achiever. :D
*Once while running I found $5.00 and turned it into the police station (better than turning it into a frog?) hahaha.

I'm very fond of chocolate in the winter but can't even look at in the summer. I've no idea why.
Profile PM 
Philippe Tavares Offline

Posted: July 22 2008, 04:57

Quote (Sweetpea @ July 22 2008, 01:24)
Harmono and Tubular Tos, do you also use an online thesaurus?

;).. :D well.. a thesaurus  ...???... with my " Harrap's " , i can read it's a kind of dictionnary of synonyms .

In fact i loved to learn English at school , so i've got some good knowledges but not really sufficient enough to have a serious conversation with an Englishman .... but i try because i like speaking english and it could be useful one day .... when i will have to leave France with haste because of my lovely president S.  :D

I often use google translation , my Harrap's dictionnary , an English grammatical book and time to time , a firefox translator plugin .

But there's always a problem because Englishmen and French use sentences that we can't translate or a lot of words with a different meaning . I often have to looking for some English words that i don't know or some verbs . In this case i use this website :

http://forum.wordreference.com/forumdi....php?f=3

You just need to be registered . This is a very useful website .

But i know that my syntax is wrong each time i write something in English .  :D
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: July 22 2008, 07:13

@ Harmono, actually, in my chat with him, he said quite a bit of words - indeed what I quoted above was a very shrunk-up version of his replies. I asked him an explanation of why some of the voices in Taurus II (and in other places of the Five Miles Out album) sound weird, and he gave me (us) a very detailed one. ;)

Some more things about me...

- When I was 12-13, I did waterpolo - I was a goalie. I don't do waterpolo anymore because I'm fat, but I still have my red goalie cap.

- I'm not interested in soccer. Not a bit. Even when Italy plays.

- I'm also not interested at all in politics. When someone mentions politics (or anything related to politics) to me, I can't carry any sort of conversation with them.

- I have a DVD player connected to my TV with a powerful 5.1 system. I changed two full systems before getting to the one I currently have; the ones before it were literally crap. :D

- I have this car. Mine has 5 doors, though.

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
ommadawn69 Offline

Posted: July 22 2008, 07:35

1: I am a Bowie fan, collect pictures of Bowie's history. I have about 3000 pics so far and about 40 vinyl albums

2: I am a Medium

3: I have never met Mike Oldfield, nor have seen him live.

4: I have been on the stage where Mike performed two shows live during his Five Miles Out world tour (Ryerson Theatre stag, Toronto, Canada) I worked at that University years after he performed there.

5: I conduct interviews with musicians that have played with Mike Oldfield. Those that I have done: David Bedford, Maggie Reilly, Clodagh Simmonds, Miriam Stockley, Micky Moody, Phil Beer, Ant Glynne, Hansford Rowe, Tim Cross, Pete Lemer, Simon Phillips, Chris Cutler, and DJ Pippi.
I am waiting to complete:
Karl Jenkins, Hayley Westenra, Anita Hegerland, Morris Pert

6: Famous people that I have met: Jean Claude Van Damme,
Sir Roger Moore, Lorne Michaels (Saturday Night Live), Shirley McClain, James Cameron, Gowan, and tons of actors and actresses from Star Trek, Star Wars, and horror films through Conventions.

7: I am a huge Star Wars fan (yeah I know, I am a nerd) LOL

8: My favourite band is Black Sabbath

9: And I love ABBA too

10: I sing Kareoke (sorry for bad spelling) HAHAHAHA

--------------
http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/TheAlternativeMikeOldfieldGroup/
Profile PM 
Ciderginaspro Offline

Posted: July 22 2008, 07:57

wow !!

- I' ve seen Mike on stage only one time !! I was 15 and it was my first concert
- I can't speak and write English very well
- so I often use a dictionary
- I live alone.... hum... with my cat !  :)
- I like to live alone !!! with my cat
- I'd like to meet some other Mike Oldfield's fans... but where in Belgium ?
- I'd like to visit United Kingdom
- I went three times in Dublin, nice city !
- I'm too fat, I need a diet but I can't ! maybe that's why I'm alone !
- I work as employee in a financial service in a public institution
- I have two brothers and three nephews that I love very much
- I dont't have yet all the MO's albums : still have to buy Guitars and Tr3s Lunas
- I'd like to meet Mike Oldfield but I don't if I would be able to talk with him
- I learn to play the guitar
- and so many things ......
Profile PM 
The Caveman Offline

Posted: July 22 2008, 07:57

And i am the Eggman  :laugh:

I work for Vodafone
I don't mind the town i live in but it ain't home.
I have an unhealthy interest in Salisbury catherdral (only unhealthy due my being pagan)
I have 3 wonderful daughters
My guitars all have names (as of course they should)
I smoke (although i have tried to give up many times)
I've been vegetarian for 10 years.
I don't drink alcohol (due to my being very bad at it)
I am addicted to Oldfield's music.

BTW Ommadawn 69 where can i see these interviews?Particuarly the David  Bedford and Hansford Rowe ones?

--------------
THE COMING OF THE GREAT WHITE HANDKERCHEIF IS NIGH.
Profile PM 
Sir Mustapha Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: July 22 2008, 09:06

Wow, this is going far. :)

- To this day, I'm still unable to play Peter Gabriel's White Shadow on the keyboard. Goddamn chords! I've never tried too hard to find a tab or anything, and I just can't get those goddamn chords.

- I like imitating singers. I can never tell if my imitations are good enough, but I do them anyway. My favourite is Chris Martin.

- I have a weakness for pizza.

- I have never watched Star Wars, any Star Trek, never read/watched Lord of the Rings, Chronicles of Narnia, Harry Potter or any geeky stuff.

- I despise Lisa Simpson.

--------------
Check out http://ferniecanto.com.br for all my music, including my latest albums: Don't Stay in the City, Making Amends and Builders of Worlds.
Also check my Bandcamp page: http://ferniecanto.bandcamp.com
Profile PM WEB 
arron11196 Offline

Posted: July 22 2008, 09:32

hmmm... interesting (ha!;) facts about me...

- I used to be artistic, but can't seem to find my muse these days

- I found university to be both a complete waste of time and very insightful for entirely the wrong reasons.

- Trying to find a job with my specific credentials at the moment is like trying to work blood out of a stone.

- I still like Jon Bon Jovi. Wow... do I? <listens again> ... yes.

- I am getting about as forgetful as a senile 110 year old...

- What was I going to say again?

- I have something in common with Thomas A. Anderson, and its not in any way/shape/form a predilection for following white rabbits.

- I have a brutha from anutha mutha that's currently taking a brief hiatus from Life, The Universe, and Everything. (I wish I could!;)

--------------
Arron J Eagling

Everyone's interpretation is different, and everyone has a right to that opinion. There is no "right" one, I am adding this post to communicate my thoughts to share them with like-minded souls who will be able to comment in good nature.

(insert the last 5 mins of Crises here)
Profile PM 
Harmono Offline

Posted: July 22 2008, 11:46

Quote (Sweetpea @ July 22 2008, 07:24)
Harmono and Tubular Tos, do you also use an online thesaurus?

Rarely, I couldn't recommend any as I don't know which are the better ones.

Quote (The Caveman @ July 22 2008, 13:57)

You can do it, don't give up. ;)

Quote (Sir Mustapha @ July 22 2008, 15:06)
- I have never watched Star Wars, any Star Trek, never read/watched Lord of the Rings, Chronicles of Narnia, Harry Potter or any geeky stuff.

I wouldn't use Star Trek in a same sentence with those others. It's not that Star Trek isn't geeky stuff, but it's also mostly very clever and humorous, at least The Next Generation. :)
Profile PM 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: July 22 2008, 13:32

Quote (Harmono @ July 21 2008, 22:28)

Some of the mothers of my students really can't believe I'm the teacher for their kids,ha ha.

Quote (Harmono @ July 21 2008, 22:28)

I'm 5'4"(162 cm) and when I took pictures with Alan Parsons(as tall as OracUK) and Rick Wakeman(another tall bloke),I felt I was an ant near them.
At least with Mikey boy,things would be better if I had the chance to take a pic with him,since we're both short  :laugh:

And I do love Playmobil 'til nowadays:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Playmobil

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
moonchildhippy Offline

Posted: July 22 2008, 18:01

Quote (moonchildhippy @ July 22 2008, 00:04)
Oh yes in addition to my earlier post I've driven 31 202 and 31 282 respectively, these are 2 British Railways Clas 31 Diesel Locomotives, each with an "English Electric"  1,470 horse POWEEEEERRRRRRR engine, and I wasn't a train driver  
I've now swapped my idea of being a train driver for the idea of training as a counsellor, but there's always preserved railways, and to me that's much more exciting.

For more on Class 31's see here
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Rail_Class_31

Oh yes whilst on the subject of railway locomotives, I can name all 22 British Railways  Class 55 "Deltic" locomotives off the top of my head, sad maybe :O No 3,300horsePOWEEEERRRRRRRRRR Napier Deltic engines is cool, I'd love to drive a Deltic  :cool:

See here for info on Deltics
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/theblackwatch/history.htm

For pics of Deltics there's some here
http://www.phantasrail.co.uk/deltics.htm

I got my love of railway locomotives from my Dad, I also got a love of real ale from my Dad

I know being a girlie, well females aren't normally interested in things such as railway locomotives, but I say b*******ks to that . My boyfriend also thinks it's cool. Ah nothing quite like the smell of diesel or steam, or the roar of mighty diesel engines.:cool:

I know many  females who watch soaps and I hate soaps with a passion.

I passed my driving test in an automatic car, so can only drive a manual car on "L"plates. However my boyfriend says if I pass in a stick shift he'll trust  me drive his Beemer     :cool:  
(Thinking about it I don't know why I had probs changing gears, I guess at the time some people thought I was too stupid to drive a stick shift).

The Caveman   Posted on July 22 2008, 11:57And i am the Eggman  :laugh:

I have an unhealthy interest in Salisbury catherdral (only unhealthy due my being pagan)

I am the "Naughty Girl" mentioned in I am The  Walrus heheheeee!!!!

I've got to admit Salisbury Cathedral is a masterpiece of architectural engineering, and I'm a Pagan too.

--------------
I'm going slightly mad,
It finally happened, I'm slightly mad , just very slightly mad

If you feel a little glum to Hergest Ridge you should come.

I'm challenging  taboos surrounding mental health

"Part time hippy"

I'M SUPPORTING OUR SOLDIERS

BRING OUR TROOPS HOME NOW!!
Profile PM 
bee Offline

Posted: July 22 2008, 19:00

- The modern world & fast pace of life leaves me cold

- I have three wonderful sons ~ nearly all teenagers now , how on earth have they grown up so quickly?

- I love Mike Oldfield ~ the man & his music

- I love Muse ~ the men & their music

- I love The Dandy Warhols ~ don't know about them but their music is fab

- Moonlight fascinates me

- I'm not sure I'm doing the right job for me - I am loving learning it, export, finding out how it all works, using computer systems ( sap ) but in the long term i'm not sure..i have got to sort myself out!!

- I have an unhealthy fascination for the Sagrada Familia in Barcelona ~ & I would consider myself more Pagan than anything else

- I talk to my cats & dog and wait for their replies

- I love plants for their beauty, insects and seahorses too

- my house is very untidy and secretly i prefer it this way, though my poor husband doesn't!!

- big roads ( motorways ) scare me so much that I refuse to drive on them ~ and this is beginning to frustrate me coz I want take myself off & travel far & wide

- i don't read as much as i know I should

- i keep feeling as though I have lived before, in a different time, i feel at odds with here and now sometimes, and at others I feel so incredibly connected to it, it's a strange feeling!

--------------
....second to the right and straight on till morning....

You heard me before
Yet you hear me again
Then I die
Till I call me again
Profile PM 
Inkanta Offline

Group: Admins
Posted: July 22 2008, 19:50

Quote (The Caveman @ July 22 2008, 06:57)
And i am the Eggman  :laugh:

I work for Vodafone
I don't mind the town i live in but it ain't home.
I have 3 wonderful daughters
My guitars all have names (as of course they should)
I've been vegetarian for 10 years.
I don't drink alcohol (due to my being very bad at it)
I am addicted to Oldfield's music.

Wow...I have three daughters, am a vegetarian (guess as the Eggman that makes you an ovo-lacto vegetarian?), am addicted to Oldfield's music, and absolutely love cathedrals & churches, as an earth-based spiritual seeker, too!

Other stuff:

*My daughters and I meditated alone in the circle at Stonehenge for an hour or however long they let you do that...we had to be there at (yikes--memory fades) something like 6AM.
*Didn't get to Salisbury Cathedral, sadly. I have thought about my love of churches, too, and I suspect that it's tuning into their being physical manifestations of spirituality/the god/dess(s/es) quest and that many of them are in sacred space that was special long before they were built. For example, Nauvoo, IL is such a place. There are the two major Mormon paths there, and a plethora of other religions, as well. There is something so beautiful about the land and the way the Mississippi flows in that area that feels very sacred, even without the temple overlooking the River, and other churches. Hergest Ridge had the same effect for me. I don't think that you have to be in any particular place to connect to the great mystery or to pursue spirituality or to feel "spiritual," but I am totally overwhelmed by some places.
*Visited Machu Picchu to study Inkaic astronomy--not for any spiritual encounter. But it happened, just the same. It wasn't the thin air, cos MP is actually only around 7500 ft. compared to Cuzco's nearly 13,000.
*Was blown away by Glastonbury. We hiked to the Tor.
*Am going crazy over the distance between my bf and me (he lives off the coast of Vancouver Island) and the uncertainty of when we can see each other is making me climb walls. His island feels very sacred--so many ancient, old-growth trees.
*I talk to pets, wild animals, and trees. Yesterday evening I ran by a bunny rabbit, talking to her & she didn't run from me.
*Yoshiki, our cat, says "hello" when introduced to people.
*I love moonlight, too, bee, and feel such a mysterious connection to the moon. Someday it will carry me away.

--------------
"No such thing as destiny; only choices exist." From:  Moongarden's "Solaris."
Profile PM 
The Caveman Offline

Posted: July 23 2008, 02:48

I guess the thing about Salisbury Cathedral stems from when i was very young.Living in Salisbury when i was small the Cathedral is just there.When you go back many years later and rediscover,as it,were the place it's just amazing.I could write books on it.For example it's just under 400 feet tall making it the tallest medeval spire in Britain and it's foundations are only 5 feet deep!
 I don't really care what religion it is built to,it's just a magnificent place regardless.And it's the only one that hasn't had masses of alterations.All other Cathedrals have had bits added so the whole looks like a collage of styles.Salisbury started in the late Gothic style......and stayed there.

btw MCH if you are who you say you are then that makes you (ref I am The Walrus)that would make you a priestess. :laugh:

--------------
THE COMING OF THE GREAT WHITE HANDKERCHEIF IS NIGH.
Profile PM 
122 replies since July 21 2008, 01:05 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (7) < 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net