Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (2) < 1 [2] >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Tchaikovsky, A remarkably good value CD package< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
nightspore Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Aug. 03 2010, 21:35

Try to check out the second piano concerto, Ugo - I think you'll like it. It's hard to find, unfortunately.

A savvy band ought to call itself "Derek and the Star Nonsense"; then every time anyone played "Wish You Were Here" they'd get a free commercial (just as Heaven 17 got a free commercial every time anyone watched Clockwork Orange).

I wonder what the star nonsense actually was?
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: Aug. 04 2010, 20:21

@ nightspore (off topic): the "star nonsense" clip was obviously edited out from a longer clip extracted from a radio broadcast, and it was cut to insert the Tchaikovsky bit. I'm not even sure that those are the real words. The only things I can understand from that radio bit are the ending sentences: "What is it?" "I'm not sure."

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
nightspore Offline

Posted: Aug. 04 2010, 20:59

Quote (Ugo @ Aug. 04 2010, 20:21)
@ nightspore (off topic): the "star nonsense" clip was obviously edited out from a longer clip extracted from a radio broadcast, and it was cut to insert the Tchaikovsky bit. I'm not even sure that those are the real words. The only things I can understand from that radio bit are the ending sentences: "What is it?" "I'm not sure."

I quite like the phrase "star nonsense". It sounds dismissive astronomically.
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: Aug. 05 2010, 19:22

Maybe they were talking about some sci-fi TV show? :D

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
23 replies since Mar. 05 2007, 04:28 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (2) < 1 [2] >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net