Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: TBIII Singles, Did they have 'B sides'???< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
The Bell(end) Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Aug. 11 2005, 09:33

I was just wondering if the 'Far above the clouds' and 'Man in the rain' singles which were taken from TBIII had the equivalent of a B side, if so then please what are they?

I am intrigued to know because I want to see what Mike chose (if in fact the CDs had two tracks)

I would have chosen Top of the Morning as the other track on the 'Man in the rain' CD and Outcast for the 'Far above the clouds' CD     :)

--------------
When the night's on fi-ya, do you need love's arms to hold yew? :D
Profile PM 
familyjules Offline

Posted: Aug. 11 2005, 09:54

Man In The Rain was backed by live versions of Serpent Dream and The Inner Child from the TBIII live premiere.

Far Above The Clouds was released in at least 2 variations, all the "b-sides" were different remixes of FATC, if I recall correctly.

Jules

--------------
I like beer and I like cheese
Profile PM 
The Bell(end) Offline

Posted: Aug. 11 2005, 09:59

ah thanks Jules, I can always count on you to say something that I didn't know before!  :)

IMO, my selection for the B-Sides is better but I am of course biased towards myself  ;)

--------------
When the night's on fi-ya, do you need love's arms to hold yew? :D
Profile PM 
Sysiyo Offline

Posted: Aug. 11 2005, 14:27

I always find it preferrable if the B-sides aren't lifted directly off an album. Live tracks and remixes are passable, but of course it would be the best if the B-sides were completely new compositions not appearing elsewhere.

For intermation about Mike's various B-sides, might I suggest checking out Amadian's discography.
Profile PM WEB 
Moz Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: Aug. 11 2005, 17:04

In the absence of a truly complete rarities collection, I would rather that the B sides were nothing new.  Singles have a very short lifespan and it can be very difficult to pick up the B sides if you don't get the original singles.

Also, singles are quickly being ditched in favour of downloads.  Some artists release two or three versions of the same single, all with the same title track, but with one or two different tracks after that.  Why not just release any "new" tracks as a mini-album that doesn't get deleted from the record company's back catalogue after a month?  At least that would discourage illegal downloads of the hard-to-find tracks!

--------------
Twitter: @benbarden
Profile PM WEB 
raven4x4x Offline

Posted: Aug. 11 2005, 22:24

Quote (Sysiyo @ Aug. 12 2005, 03:27)
I always find it preferrable if the B-sides aren't lifted directly off an album. Live tracks and remixes are passable, but of course it would be the best if the B-sides were completely new compositions not appearing elsewhere.

I have to disagree. It has always annoyed me that so many of Mike's B-Sides are extremely hard or impossable to find on CD.

--------------
Thank-you for helping us help you help us all.
Profile PM 
Sysiyo Offline

Posted: Aug. 12 2005, 04:36

It would be preferrable if the B-sides were released as compilation albums later on.
Profile PM WEB 
familyjules Offline

Posted: Aug. 12 2005, 05:18

Quote (raven4x4x @ Aug. 11 2005, 22:24)
I have to disagree. It has always annoyed me that so many of Mike's B-Sides are extremely hard or impossable to find on CD.

Ain't that the truth?!?!

:/

Jules

--------------
I like beer and I like cheese
Profile PM 
afghan Offline

Posted: Oct. 06 2005, 14:11

TUB111 shiver mix is this an oficial release and if so ,who appears on it,if not who done it? :D

--------------
may you never run aground or fall into the deep deep sound
Profile PM 
8 replies since Aug. 11 2005, 09:33 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net