Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: TB Rip-Off???< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Pendleburn Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Jan. 28 2002, 14:20

Please go to the following site: www.spellsandmagic.com. Once you enter the site (page 2) it sounds like Tubular Bells is playing (as of today's date but the music tends to change). This guy "Puzuzu" or whatever he calls himself invites you to 'listen to his music to help pay for the site' and if you do so, various CD albums come up that apprently he has composed. I did not have the time to listen to the songs but it could be that he is ripping of Mike Oldfield. What do you think?
Profile PM 
CarstenKuss Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: Jan. 28 2002, 16:26

To my ears, what you hear is obviously the TB1 MIDI featured here on this page (the 1st one).

--------------
-Carsten-
Profile PM WEB 
Ugo Offline

Posted: Jan. 28 2002, 16:28

Well... the MIDI on the 'Puzuzu' index page is surely TB, but the content of the album is not MO-like.... I've listened to two or three songs...they sound like a bad version of Jarre with lots & lots of 'space' sound effect and no real melodies. Bad but original. smile

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: Jan. 28 2002, 16:30

PS: AFAIK he made only one album of bad electronica stuff (Pleiadian Dreams).

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
3 replies since Jan. 28 2002, 14:20 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net