Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: TB dance/piano performance, Anyone live near Calgary?< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Matt Offline

Group: Admins
Posted: Mar. 30 2009, 06:04

During a random web search I spotted an article in the Calgary Herald that contained the following:

"During the High Performance Rodeo in January, the company will reprise principal dancer Yukichi Hattori's Tubular Bells, a strikingly contemporary setting of a four-piano arrangement of the Mike Oldfield classic by Calgary pianist Marcel Bergmann."

The statement that this performance (in January 2010 I guess) is a reprise suggests it has been done before. Anyone heard of it?

EDIT: found some references here and here to the previous performance and CD of the arrangement. Should have thought to check tb.net!

--------------
"I say I say I say I say, what's got three bottles and five eyes and no legs and two wheels"
Profile PM 
ex member 419 Offline

Group: Members
Posted: April 01 2009, 03:11

Its amazing how many artists have sampled mikes tbs, they say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, cant wait for the new release by mercury, universal, mike can keep up with a decadent retirement, deb
Profile PM 
1 replies since Mar. 30 2009, 06:04 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net