Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: tb 2003 download, where to find tb 2003< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
torbenyj Offline

Group: Members
Posted: May 25 2003, 03:48

HI
Has some found a place where it's possible to download Tubular Bells 2003?
Profile PM 
a_r_schulz Offline

Posted: May 25 2003, 16:06

goto:oldfield.shelf@local.record.shop ... ;)
- depending on where you live, that is...
Profile PM WEB 
torbenyj Offline

Posted: May 26 2003, 00:52

i'll better buy the record today, but it's on kazaa and I haven't downloaded it - glory
Profile PM 
Brewer Offline

Posted: May 26 2003, 23:54

I cant believe this topic. FFS the album hasnt even got into most shops and your talkin about downloading for free. If every one had your idea then no artist is his right mind would bother their a*** recording anything anymore. IF the internet was available back in the 50's im sure the beatles and all that followed including MO would never have bothered going near a recording studio as there would have been no point because they wouldnt not have made a decent living out of it. And as a result we would still be listening to Bing Crosby and Perry Como, because thats all that would have been left.
Get a grip. Give the artist his due and BUY THE ALBUM.

--------------
Maker of MOs favourite beverage

No trees were harmed in the creation and sending of this message. However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced
Profile PM 
a_r_schulz Offline

Posted: May 27 2003, 02:46

Well, I guess you also read messages 2 and 3, so don't worry..
Yet, for a moment I was slightly considering a download (in addition to buying the CD), worried about the copy protection not letting me play the CD on my DVD and (MP3-capable) discman, the latter already having rejected another mixed-mode CD. Finally, everything turned out fine - even my PC plays it in 'glorious stereophonic sound'.
Profile PM WEB 
gregrobson Offline

Posted: May 27 2003, 06:46

As a side note:
I like to rip my CD's as well. I use Kazaa but I only really use it for old (80s/ early 90s) stuff. I wouldn't put my rips of TB 2003 as if they want the whole album then it's worth their time buying it.

Copy protection:
As a computer scientist I thought I'd have to hack around the copy protection. However I put in the CD opened Audiograbber and ripped it first time. When will the music industry learn that implementing copy protection on drives by the same company (Sony for example) doesn't work when every other manufacturer lets you get past it?
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: May 27 2003, 13:09

Like I've said elsewhere, we shouldn't even be having to hack around the copy protection...if it doesn't play, just send it back, then the record company may see that along with losing revenue from people not buying because of copying, they are also losing revenue from people who aren't buying because of copy protection.
Profile PM 
TOBY Offline

Posted: May 27 2003, 14:38

Exactly. My copy of TB2003 won't play at all on my Phillips CD player, it simply won't read it, so I've had to (analogue) copy it via a Playstation 2 onto a minidisc which I then play through my amp. Thank you WEA for making my life so easy. :( It can't even be played on new tin boxes let alone old ones. :(
Profile PM 
7 replies since May 25 2003, 03:48 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net