Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Takla Makan, Music inspired by Mike Oldfield< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Synthbuilder Offline

Group: Members
Posted: July 15 2013, 08:14

Long time lurker here but I decided to brave up and post a link to my own music. My latest album can be found at my Bandcamp page. You can listen to it all from there, or purchase it and download a copy in a multitude of formats.

http://takla-makan.bandcamp.com/album/sorrowmere

There's links to some of my other recent work there too.

I would say my key inspiration is Mike, closely followed by Jean Michel Jarre, Vangelis and Tangerine Dream. I'm definitely a product of my age. :)

Tony
Profile PM WEB 
EeToN Offline

Group: Members
Posted: July 19 2013, 16:48

Welcome here, Tony. :)

You have quite a lot of albums so I could only get a taste of the latest two, Sorrowmere and Timorianne yet but I enjoyed both of them quite much. My favourite track is Timorianne so far, I love the gentle lead sound. The beginning of Reliquary is also fabulous. I often find such dreamy tracks dull which you successfully manage to avoid.

The musicians you listed are also my favourite ones and the influence indeed is identifiable, though judging from the music I would have guessed that Jarre and TD were the key influences rather than Mike.

Thanks for sharing! :)

--------------
If I were music, I would be Enigmatism.
Profile PM WEB 
1 replies since July 15 2013, 08:14 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net