Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Susannah Melvoin< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
qjamesfloyd Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Mar. 25 2002, 13:27

Just thought i would let you all know that Susannah Melvoin,who was one of Mikes backing singers from the TB11 live D.V.D/Video,can be seen and heard on "In The Flesh"the new live D.V.D/Video from Roger Waters,and very good she is too.
James Q
Profile PM 
Baggiesfaninessex Offline

Posted: Mar. 25 2002, 13:48

Just out of interest, I've not heard the 'In the Flesh' CD by Roger Waters. I haven't seen the video/DVD either. I was wondering how his sound now compares to the Floyd on say, 'Pulse' and 'Delicate Sound of Thunder' - is it worth parting with the dosh??

--------------
“A dog is not intelligent. Never trust an animal that's surprised by its own farts.” - Frank Skinner
Profile PM 
qjamesfloyd Offline

Posted: Mar. 26 2002, 05:29

Well,the sound on Delicate Sound Of Thunder is not very good,don't know what happened with that one,but Pulse is great,and as for In The Flesh,the sound is wonderful,you have to give Roger some credit,he does put a lot of effort into his sound on his D.V.D's,just check out "The Wall" to see what i mean.
Profile PM 
bibimimi Offline

Group: Awaiting Authorisation
Posted: Mar. 26 2002, 12:16

Saw Susannah Melvoin sing b/u for Seal back in 1994 or therabouts. She's a tiny thing. Seal's self-titled debut album has alot of the same people on it as TBII including Ms Melvoin, Jamie the keyboard player (forget his last name, it begins with 'M'), and Trevor Horne, producer. These 2 albums make good companion pieces, they came out about the same time.
Profile PM 
Baggiesfaninessex Offline

Posted: Mar. 26 2002, 13:09

Thanks for the advice James Q - will check it out.

Cheers,

T4

--------------
“A dog is not intelligent. Never trust an animal that's surprised by its own farts.” - Frank Skinner
Profile PM 
4 replies since Mar. 25 2002, 13:27 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net