Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (2) < 1 [2] >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Sunday 14th October 2007< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
maria Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Oct. 15 2007, 05:14

@ Nacho... yes please, try to join the next time.. we have spoken a lot of times to play together and I'd love to!!

@ Trinidad, I don't have the movie to check it, but I also think it is at least quite similar. I've always been very curious about this.

@ Ugo, a shame.. I was waiting for your song!

--------------
...morning and evening i'm flying, i'm dreaming...
Profile PM WEB 
Ugo Offline

Posted: Oct. 15 2007, 05:47

Quote (maria @ Oct. 15 2007, 11:14)

Maybe next time I shall sing one to you. But I doubt you'll understand anything at all, as my songs are all in Italian - I never write in English, or Spanish. ;)

By the way, I just saw the pics you took... your meeting at the underwater castle was just ... fantastic... you know, I do apnea and snorkeling all the time, in the summer (and sometimes in the winter too - in the swimming pool), and I'd really have appreciated it... :)

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
3Wheeler Offline

Posted: Oct. 15 2007, 07:20

Something strange happened last night on in the game.. While in the indian camp i got sent to Bad world by error i think i touched the Squaw..I was a Red butterfly at the time..Eventually i got back to the cactus minus the Avatar...The only one i could find was the Piano  in the Creek.. i thought someone was going back to Antsworld so i picked up a piano off the beach to try Firing.... No one was there so I Fired some pianos through the centre Ring and everything went Dark.. No Ants .. And the Ringhead Disappeared off the Centre Column... Bout 40 secs later the ants appeared with no music... Strange!!  tried to recreate the thing but it wont seem to do it twice.. Wont even let me fire pianos at them.. :/ like it did last night

--------------
We're Flying Aeroflot, We've Got Reservations.
Profile PM 
Alan D Offline

Posted: Oct. 15 2007, 09:50

Quote (3Wheeler @ Oct. 15 2007, 12:20)
I Fired some pianos through the centre Ring and everything went Dark.. No Ants .. And the Ringhead Disappeared off the Centre Column... Bout 40 secs later the ants appeared with no music... Strange!!  tried to recreate the thing but it wont seem to do it twice.. Wont even let me fire pianos at them.. :/ like it did last night

I think you entered what we call 'Ants World' without realising it. It's an 'unofficial' aspect of the game.

If you want to do it again and explore (which is quite interesting because there are no barriers in Ants World, and some very weird things go on), the instructions are here.
Profile PM 
maria Offline

Posted: Oct. 16 2007, 15:51

I can't remember to have entered 'Ants World' myself and I'd like to see those weird things happening there.. so if u like, this could be an idea for an expedition in some online game in the future?

Quote (Ugo @ Oct. 15 2007, 05:47)
Quote (maria @ Oct. 15 2007, 11:14)

Maybe next time I shall sing one to you. But I doubt you'll understand anything at all, as my songs are all in Italian - I never write in English, or Spanish. ;)

Well.. I've had some Italian friends and somehow we've managed to understand each other using "Italpanish" :D

--------------
...morning and evening i'm flying, i'm dreaming...
Profile PM WEB 
Alan D Offline

Posted: Oct. 16 2007, 16:36

Quote (maria @ Oct. 16 2007, 20:51)
I can't remember to have entered 'Ants World' myself and I'd like to see those weird things happening there.. so if u like, this could be an idea for an expedition in some online game in the future?

Definitely. I just popped into Ants World myself, a few minutes ago, to remind myself how easy it is - and it really is easy. There isn't just one Ants World, there are several: a light and airy version with daliphants and no barriers; a strange restricted version with huge dali-holes in the ground; and a night version, with black sky and black sea.

Which one you end up in depends on whether you run away from the ants after firing, or whether you stand still, and also on whether you go into the ant tunnel and then come out again. Hours of family fun.
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: Oct. 17 2007, 08:33

Quote (Alan D @ Oct. 16 2007, 22:36)
Which one you end up in depends on whether you run away from the ants after firing, or whether you stand still [...]

How can you possibly stand still after firing the rings, if your speed (as you, Alan, wrote in your method for reaching Ants World) is set to three? With that kind of speed, you just cannot stand still... you're bound to be moving somewhere, but I'm not sure about exactly where, or towards what. :D However, it's definitely worth trying, and I guess I shall have a try next Saturday... ;)

--------------
Profile PM 
Alan D Offline

Posted: Oct. 17 2007, 09:17

Quote (Ugo @ Oct. 17 2007, 13:33)
How can you possibly stand still after firing the rings, if your speed (as you, Alan, wrote in your method for reaching Ants World) is set to three? With that kind of speed, you just cannot stand still... you're bound to be moving somewhere,

The 1, 2 and 3 settings determine the maximum speed you can reach (by holding down the left mouse button). At the 3 setting, that does mean you lose a bit of sensitivity, but even so it's quite easy to reduce your speed to zero with the right mouse button.

It doesn't matter if there's a slight drift one way or another, after firing. You'll still flip into the minimalist Ants World - the one full of holes. The important issue (if you want to explore the whole landscape with the barriers down) is whether you've run far enough and fast enough after firing, to ensure that the landscape stays intact.

This is a lot harder to describe than actually to do. Believe me, it is very easy to get into Ants World.
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: Oct. 17 2007, 17:00

Thanks a lot, Alan. ;)

--------------
Profile PM 
28 replies since Oct. 12 2007, 07:56 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (2) < 1 [2] >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net