Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (2) < 1 [2] >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Summer music??, what do you think?< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
SoimSandheaver Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Dec. 21 2007, 20:53

Taurus 3 almost always makes me think of life on a tropical island or something.

Also, almost all the tracks on QE2 make me think of the summer because it makes me think of travelling to sea, something I always associate with summer holidays.

--------------
"Three blokes go into a pub, one of them's a little bit stupid, then the whole scene unfolds, with a tedious inevitability."
Profile PM 
The Caveman Offline

Posted: Feb. 26 2008, 08:34

Taurus 1 is.to me.a summery peice.I guess it's cos i associate it with going to devon on holiday as a kid.It's got that nautical thing going on (oddly enough).Or The Lake (especially the fast bit just beyond the intro)but again it's cos i listened to it lots as a child on my little walkman on the way to see my family in Devon.It just has that summery optimism that every young child has.
And the ultimate summer MO Piece?Afghan without a doubt.

--------------
THE COMING OF THE GREAT WHITE HANDKERCHEIF IS NIGH.
Profile PM 
Inkanta Offline

Group: Admins
Posted: April 30 2008, 22:33

Yum.....summer is nearly in the air in the northern hemisphere--can almost taste it, no matter what Oldfield music fits the season for you. :) Mine are pretty much the same as a few years ago--am grooving to MotS, though will probably associate it with spring, due to the time of its release.

Happy Beltane to all the earth-based folks!

M-C, who will be playing HR tomorrow in its honor!

--------------
"No such thing as destiny; only choices exist." From:  Moongarden's "Solaris."
Profile PM 
The Caveman Offline

Posted: May 02 2008, 14:08

Somewhat belated Beltane blessings!I've yet to hear MOTS while out on one of my summer walks but i think it will tick all the boxes.Still love the Lake for summer though :)

--------------
THE COMING OF THE GREAT WHITE HANDKERCHEIF IS NIGH.
Profile PM 
23 replies since May 05 2005, 21:59 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (2) < 1 [2] >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net