Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Suggestions for Tubular World, Add your suggestion< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
timshen Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Dec. 07 2002, 10:42

I know that Mike does pretty much what he wants, but if you did have a chance to suggest ideas for the new Tubular World MVR project what would they be?

Some of my suggestions would be...

1. I would like to suggest a place where you could build upon the basic Tubular Bells intro. buy shooting different colour tubular bells....each time you shoot one the original tune remains but a new overdub is heard, until you have hundreds of overdubs!.

2. Have a Tubular Bells game where, instead of Pianos, Rings or Swords, you must get tubular bells through the arch - on getting 3 bells through you are taken to the Piltdown man's cave where he sings (growls rather) to you! :cool:

3. Please let it blend in with the original MVR game - so it's another area to explore as part of the overall MVR experience  :)

Now your go....

--------------
Expect Great Things.
Attempt Great Things.
Profile PM 
maria Offline

Posted: Dec. 08 2002, 14:16

Please let it blend in with the original MVR game - so it's another area to explore as part of the overall MVR experience  

mine would be mainly this and i imagine there could be some common points between them, for instance, underwater castle... that way we could choose going to the cactus by rebirth tunnel or entering tubular world by a gate somewhere else in the castle, other places i would link with tubular world are craterland (u know... behind the black moon) or the lake just before the tai chi scene

4. suggestion for a new ava... a bird with silver flames

--------------
...morning and evening i'm flying, i'm dreaming...
Profile PM WEB 
raven4x4x Offline

Posted: Dec. 09 2002, 04:12

A good one, coming from someone who has never even seen the full Music VR (I've played the demo though) this may be a bit funny, but it sounds good to me. A beach with burning bones on it (sound familiar?  :p  ). If you did something to put the fire out, or start the fire in the first place, you could have a huge Tubular Bell materialise in the air above the sea, through which you could fly through into the main Tubular World.

In short, the suggestion is:

5. Relate it to the original TB cover, if only for a bit of the World.

--------------
Thank-you for helping us help you help us all.
Profile PM 
a_r_schulz Offline

Posted: Dec. 09 2002, 16:20

As improvements to the engine for online gaming:
- a visual connection indicator (maybe also a counter of how many guests are on)
- a chat window
- sounds triggered by different avatars should be mixed (thinking about the different sounds e.g. around the origin, or a duet on the green cystals - OTOH, mixing e.g. the dolphins' theme with TAIH probably wouldn't be such a good idea...)
For the scene :
I'd like some better interactive music, more like the FATC game on DarkStar than the green crystals in MVR. In fact, my first idea when I saw that mushroom circle in the preview snapshots was 'Hey, that would make a nice set of congas..' - too bad that it didn't :-(
Andreas
Profile PM WEB 
3 replies since Dec. 07 2002, 10:42 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net