Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Stupid question regarding Finale, After listening for the first time.< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
D Seph Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Oct. 06 2006, 23:01

I heard it about a week ago and fell in love. The Bass riff playing for the start of the Finale song, I looked up, I made calls, I did tons of stuff for Bass guitars and can't find the sheet music. I have called Alamo Music, Southern Music, and Down SHeet store, none of them have the sheet music for Tubular Bells-Finale for Bass guitar or Piano. (Mind you, I specified for both)

I know this is stupid, but can someone post the keys played for the piano when "Grand piano"  is announced? Aswell as the main Bass riff?

Also, I heard the fan tribute, sounds AWESOME...I wonder if anyone could help me put it to my MP3? A link or something?

-Thanks
Profile PM 
ImAFoolAndImLaughing Offline

Posted: Oct. 07 2006, 05:27

As far as I know, the sheet music for individual parts of Tubular Bells isn't available. The original Tubular Bells, unlike the 2003 "remake" was conceived in two parts (so it'd split over two halves of an LP, I'm assuming - I wonder how Mike would've done it differently if CDs were the medium of choice back then...) and Finale forms the last bit of the first half.

The sheet music for the whole of Tubular Bells has been available in the past - my brother used to have a copy, I think - so maybe a look on Ebay, or re-contacting those record stores and asking for just "Tubular Bells" might yield some results.

Hope this helps.

--------------
"I was in this prematurely air conditioned supermarket and there were these bathing caps you could buy that had these kind of Fourth of July plumes on them that were red and yellow and blue and I wasn't tempted to buy one but I was reminded of the fact that I had been avoiding the beach."
Profile PM 
Harmono Offline

Posted: Oct. 07 2006, 08:16

I've seen many copies of TB1 with the bass and piano parts of Finale in different libraries. I suggest you try some public library, although if you're in the States(I don't know where San Antonio is) its propably much harder to find it since Mike has never been so popular there.
I've also seen TB3 sheets which I know own too(could help you with tb3 right now if I had a scanner :/ ).

Coolest sheets I've seen(also in a library)are for TB2 - Complete Concert Score. It is perfectly accurate and has all the parts, even for drums! Just thought I'd mention because this big book is a real treasure for any MO fan. If you find it - get it!!
Profile PM 
D Seph Offline

Posted: Oct. 07 2006, 10:44

San Antonio is a city in Texas, which is a state in the US. I am going to check the library later today. -score one for living near it!-
Profile PM 
Morti Offline

Posted: Oct. 10 2006, 13:23

I can either tab it for you or, if such a thing isn't likely to be arrested, possibly scan a couple of the relevant pages from the sheet music I have here (arranged for guitar and piano, fairly basic but should have what you're after).

Or, another idea, grab one of the MIDI files of Tubular Bells from this site and find a program that displays sheet music from MIDI.

--------------
The ear worm became the synonym for the commercial side of MIKE OLDFIELD.
Profile PM WEB 
D Seph Offline

Posted: Oct. 10 2006, 19:36

Quote (Morti @ Oct. 10 2006, 13:23)
I can either tab it for you or, if such a thing isn't likely to be arrested, possibly scan a couple of the relevant pages from the sheet music I have here (arranged for guitar and piano, fairly basic but should have what you're after).

Or, another idea, grab one of the MIDI files of Tubular Bells from this site and find a program that displays sheet music from MIDI.

I am afraid I dont have that. I would really appreciate you just doing that "scan" thingy. I only want to know, namely, the keys required for piano. I really hope you help and do appreciate it. Thanks!
Profile PM 
Morti Offline

Posted: Oct. 11 2006, 11:11

Might take a while, I don't have a scanner so I'll use the one in the office. Drop me an email so I remember.

--------------
The ear worm became the synonym for the commercial side of MIKE OLDFIELD.
Profile PM WEB 
Matt Offline

Group: Admins
Posted: Oct. 11 2006, 11:39

Found the following site a while back which has some ISBN numbers which may help your search...

http://steve.oldfield.sk/sbook.htm

--------------
"I say I say I say I say, what's got three bottles and five eyes and no legs and two wheels"
Profile PM 
D Seph Offline

Posted: Oct. 19 2006, 18:16

I can't actually use that. Anyone explain how I use it to learn the piano for Finale?
Profile PM 
tanis573 Offline

Posted: April 26 2007, 02:32

Try downloading Anvil Studio, which is a program used to display sheet music for MIDI files:

http://www.anvilstudio.com/

Then download the Tubular Bells, Pt. 1 MIDI:

http://tubular.net/midi/

Open the MIDI file with Anvil Studio, and it should display the sheet music.  If not, try playing around with the program until you've got it.

Good luck!

--------------
http://www.soundclick.com/mindbridge
Profile PM WEB 
ThisName Offline

Posted: April 29 2007, 06:44

I have TB11 concert Score, it is great, not sure how valuable it is, I am guessing fairly because they are very hard to come by!

--------------
www.ryanyardmusic.com
Profile PM 
10 replies since Oct. 06 2006, 23:01 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net