Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Stupid Question< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Dali Offline

Group: Members
Posted: June 05 2002, 15:57

Hi all,

This is probably a stupid question, but why is the game called Tres Lunas when I can only go to 1 moon?
I mean, via the moon-statue I go to 1 moon. Then of course there are these 'moon-like' balls in trees (like in the main world and at the end of the owl-sequence') but I can't seem to do anything with them.

Anyone?

Dali
Profile PM WEB 
Manny Offline

Posted: June 05 2002, 18:15

I think I've read somewhere (perhaps the official sites or one of the articles in linked in tubular.net) that mike himself stated that the name has something to do with the overall atmosfere within the game and music; not directly quoting it was something like: the sensations one could feel being in a place and find out three moons in the sky . .
Sorry I donĀ“t remember the exact place where I read it, check out musicvr site, that might be there
Profile PM 
Manny Offline

Posted: June 05 2002, 18:18

By the way, no question is stupid. Here where I live, Venezuela, there's a saying: "no question is stupid, it is the answer that could be whether stupid or not"
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: June 05 2002, 19:25

In the promotional video, Mike says (IIRC) that he dined in an Ibiza restaurant called Las Dos Lunas. The owner of this restaurant compiled tapes of chillout music and gave them to affectionate customers, and he also did the cover drawings for these tapes. Of course he gave one to Mike. Its cover was a desert-like environment with a blue sky and three planets visible in it. Mike just associated the drawing with the restaurant's name, et voila... Tres Lunas!!! smile smile It seems that the name has absolutely nothing to do with the game, its objects and/or its atmospere.

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
MusicallyInspired Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: June 06 2002, 16:30

but he did say that when he was making the Tr3s Lunas song he wanted it to give a feeling of if you were on an alien planet and you looked at the sky and seen 3 moons instead of 1...

--------------
BrandonBlume.com
"The beauty in life is in the embracing of the variety of things. If all the world was blue there would be no colour blue."
Profile PM WEB 
Dali Offline

Posted: June 09 2002, 03:15

Well,

As I remember from the promo-video, where Mike is talking about the Ibiza-restaurant, he actually says 'there are 3 moons in this game'.

Right?

Dali

- who is still trying to find out how many installs I am allowed to make with my personal code for MVR.
Profile PM WEB 
Ugo Offline

Posted: June 17 2002, 20:12

This is a transcript (as far as I can understand) of what Mike says in the video:

"I was looking for a title and I remembered my time in Ibiza. There actually was a restaurant in Ibiza, which was very popular, used to go to a lot, called Las Dos Lunas. Anybody who's been in Ibiza knows it. The owner of the restaurant also used to make these kind-of compilation tapes, just for customers, a bit like the Cafe del Mar series. I remember one of them was... he gave it to me personally, and I used to listen to it a lot in Ibiza. So I thought: Dos Lunas, there are three moons in the game, I'll call it Tres Lunas." smile wink

I think the three moons that Mike refers to are just the three ones that Dali found, i.e.
1) The moon ball in the tree at the end of the winter scene;
2) The moon ball in the blue tree;
3) The actual moon. smile

I've played the game a great number of times, and I've never seen any other moons (neither in the game itself nor on the extensive map on www.mikeoldfield.com) than these ones. smile

P.S.'s:
1) Obviously, I was wrong in my previous message about the promo video smile
2) The total installs allowed are 4. After that, the code gets deactivated and reactivated in 29 days. wink

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
Bubular Tells Offline

Posted: June 20 2002, 11:28

Well I think that there are 3 real moons in the game. One is the big one that everybody noticed. The second one is much littler and is on the east side (if the big one is north) and isn't always visible (depends on the amount of fog). The third one you only see at night, e.g. when you take the trip with the owl or on the trip to turtle island. Makes sense, doesn't it?
Profile PM 
Tres Looney
Unregistered

Posted: July 10 2002, 08:09

How come there's five moons depicted in the logo???
timshen Offline

Posted: July 10 2002, 11:23

Tres Looney , you are looking at the logo 2-Dimensionally. It's actually three moons in 3D, a moon within a moon within a moon (2 of the moons being hollow).

Hope that makes sense! :/

--------------
Expect Great Things.
Attempt Great Things.
Profile PM 
9 replies since June 05 2002, 15:57 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net