Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Strategy to improve ranking in charts< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Olivier Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: June 26 2002, 21:48

Most CD shops have a refund policy.

Tres Lunas performs pretty well in the charts, but it's not perfect. Knowing Mike, I'm sure that for him being #2 or #497 is the same thing: it's an unperfect result. But it may be possible to improve his sales: buy as many copies of Tres Lunas as possible, everydays, in stores that have a refund policy. This will have the following impacts:
- increase a lot the sales and therefore the position in the charts
- stores will buy more and more copies and put them in their nicestand most visible racks since they sell so well
- by buying so many copies, the picky fan will probably get one where the sticker is perfectly aligned with the borders of the CD box

Just before the end of the refunding period occurs, return all the CDs (hopefully the charts will already have taken into account the sales). This will have the following benefits:
- the stores wil have to place the CDs in their nicest racks again, since they have so many CDs to try to resell
- the shy fan looking for love will get a long topic of conversation with the cute salesperson who will get back his/her CD

If you have any idea to improve this stategy, please let me know, and if you implement it, please confirm me the results.
Profile PM 
raven4x4x Offline

Group: Members
Posted: June 27 2002, 07:22

I like that! Lots of benefits, and no real downside, apart form coughing up all that cash, and funny looks from people seeing you buing 10 copies of the same CD at once!

I always, when finding a Mike Oldfield CD, always put it to the front of the rack, just incase someone notices it. smile

--------------
Thank-you for helping us help you help us all.
Profile PM 
1 replies since June 26 2002, 21:48 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net