Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Steam Into Summer (Incantations), A film about a steam branchline< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
hairy old hippy Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Nov. 01 2007, 10:04

I remember seeing a programme on the BBC called 'Steam Into Summer'. It was a short film about the restoration of a branch line with steam trains. Incantations was used as a musical backdrop throughout the film, the chugging train like string rhythms merging film and music beautifully. Infact poetry was read out over the music aswell.

I saw it in the early 1990's but I'm sure it dates back to the late 70's or early 80's.

I recorded the film but as I found it just flicking through I missed the start and in youthful stupidity only recorded the bits with Mike's music.

Does anyone have a copy of this film or know where to get hold of or even know of it's existence?

--------------
Listen to Mohribold; an epic musical tapestry that weaves between a multitude of genres.

Andrew Taylor's Mohribold album has proved very popular with fans of symphonic-rock, prog-rock, psych-folk and indeed Oldfield's classic albums!

www.andrewtaylor.bandcamp.com
Profile PM WEB 
moonchildhippy Offline

Posted: Nov. 01 2007, 18:10

Oh cool, Mike's music and steam trains :cool: . Nothing quite like the smell of steam :)  :D .

--------------
I'm going slightly mad,
It finally happened, I'm slightly mad , just very slightly mad

If you feel a little glum to Hergest Ridge you should come.

I'm challenging  taboos surrounding mental health

"Part time hippy"

I'M SUPPORTING OUR SOLDIERS

BRING OUR TROOPS HOME NOW!!
Profile PM 
hairy old hippy Offline

Posted: Nov. 25 2009, 03:29

OK peeps, I can finally answer my own query this time. Steam into Summer has now been posted on the BBC archive website. I've not watched it yet but suffice to say the programme starts with the opening strains of Incantations...magic!

Follow the link;

http://www.bbc.co.uk/archive/steamtrains/7313.shtml?all=2&id=7313

--------------
Listen to Mohribold; an epic musical tapestry that weaves between a multitude of genres.

Andrew Taylor's Mohribold album has proved very popular with fans of symphonic-rock, prog-rock, psych-folk and indeed Oldfield's classic albums!

www.andrewtaylor.bandcamp.com
Profile PM WEB 
Hastengas Offline

Posted: Dec. 06 2010, 07:44

What a lovely old film, thanks for digging that up from the past...circa 1979
Profile PM 
3 replies since Nov. 01 2007, 10:04 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net