Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (3) < 1 [2] 3 >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Spring Is In The Air, What are your fave things< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
wiga Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Mar. 04 2010, 11:36

This afternoon when I got in the car it had been heated with the sun's rays, for the first time. I sat, ate a sandwiche, read the paper and felt the warmth - that it was good :).

--------------
Barn's burnt down - now I can see the moon.
Profile PM 
Scatterplot Offline

Posted: Mar. 04 2010, 13:11

Spring is in the air by golly.

--------------
We raise our voices in the night
Crying to heaven
And will our voices be heard
Or will they break Like the wind
Profile PM 
tsar.nathan Offline

Posted: April 23 2010, 16:41

Just been sat in my room listening to some music, and I get a really nice view of the fields behind my house. Looks especially nice at this time of year :)

--------------
http://www.discogs.com/collection?user=tsar.nathan
Profile PM 
Matt Offline

Group: Admins
Posted: April 23 2010, 16:58

Cherry blossom in the front garden. Lovely right now :)

Daffodils, buds on big trees, leaves on little ones. Not quite so much snow as when this thread was started and less ash than a week ago ;) Spring definitely in the air.

I tried to think what Mike track I would associate with spring but I'm struggling. Harmonia Mundi from MOTS is closest I can think of but then it sortof fits Autumn as well for me! Thoughts anyone?

--------------
"I say I say I say I say, what's got three bottles and five eyes and no legs and two wheels"
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: April 23 2010, 17:24

To me, all of Mike's recorder-based pieces have a strong "smell" of spring. While some of his guitar-based short pieces are more summery in their overall feel (I'm thinking of his "Arrival" and "Wonderful Land" covers), when I hear things like "In Dulci Jubilo" or "Cuckoo Song" or "Portsmouth", the images that spring into my mind are of happy people ('shiny happy people, as R.E.M. sang) dancing together in a green field. Maybe I'm influenced by the "Portsmouth" video, but that's the sort of feeling I get from all of the similar pieces.

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
nightspore Offline

Posted: April 23 2010, 21:14

Quote (Ugo @ April 23 2010, 17:24)
the images that spring into my mind are of happy people ('shiny happy people, as R.E.M. sang) dancing together in a green field. .

To borrow a phrase of Sir M's, "Ewwww!" :)

I have no time for green fields; to me, the best of Mr O's music connotes craggy mountains overlooking bottomless ravines, sunset, and the wilds of space!
Profile PM 
Inkanta Offline

Posted: April 24 2010, 07:03

Quote (nightspore @ April 23 2010, 21:14)
I have no time for green fields; to me, the best of Mr O's music connotes craggy mountains overlooking bottomless ravines, sunset, and the wilds of space!

I visited all those places just last night--oh, but that was in SL. :D

In the physical world.....spring MO association for me is an early morning run in Missouri (it's abbreviation is MO--cosmic), pink full moon setting, dawn breaking, herons flying, the air so fragrant with blossoms you wonder how many calories you're inhaling, the air warming and fresh, Incantations part I assisting in the run up the bluff, the realisation at the Mississippi where there are herons and pelicans that Longfellow must have been clueless about birds (you can tell which is which way in the distance), and Cythia's Orb now exiting from the sky.  Yum. Hergest Ridge connotes the green, sloping fields pf spring surrounding my favorite astronomical observatory here in rural New York State.  MOTS doesn't feel like a "season" season but perhaps a season of change. Many of MO's other works feel like summer or autumn to me....I can nearly feel the wet sand squishing between my toes and smell the Bain de Soleil sunscreen as I think of Trest Lunas.

--------------
"No such thing as destiny; only choices exist." From:  Moongarden's "Solaris."
Profile PM 
nightspore Offline

Posted: April 24 2010, 07:33

Quote (Inkanta @ April 24 2010, 07:03)
the air so fragrant with blossoms you wonder how many calories you're inhaling,

Inkanta, given your passion for chocolate, I wouldn't give a passing thought to any calories you might be inhaling!  :D

I guess I'm just not a spring person, because you associate the season with those MO records I don't care for: Incantations and Hergest Ridge. (I'm sure I sensed you wanting to mention Ommadawn as well!;)
Profile PM 
Inkanta Offline

Posted: April 24 2010, 10:23

Ommadawn is autumn into winter for me, because within a week of each other, during the first half of an unseasonably warm December I found the album and my Appaloosa mare, whose registered name was Rio's Dawn. She was palomino-colored with a white blanket peppered with chocolate-colored (haha) spots. Her eyes were outlined in black and she had a blonde mane and tail (and a lovely gait, too! ). Of course back then, being left to my own devices, I interpreted "omma" as eye--eye of the dawn--my Dawn with the gorgeous eyes. :D Guess I was the ommadawn. :D

--------------
"No such thing as destiny; only choices exist." From:  Moongarden's "Solaris."
Profile PM 
The Caveman Offline

Posted: April 26 2010, 05:31

Incantations part one is a spring morning.The first bit with the choir.There's a feel of the promise of spring which is why spring is my favourite season.Beltaine is a very special time foe me.
 HR doesn't really say green fields to me,unless they're really dramatic hilly fields.
 Cuckoo Song is very springlike but Ugo's mention of In Dulci Jubilo made me grin.In England it was a huge christmas hit and on every xmas compliation cd that comes out every year it will contain IDJ every time!So it's always a xmas tune over here.I feel guilty playing it at any other time! :laugh:

--------------
THE COMING OF THE GREAT WHITE HANDKERCHEIF IS NIGH.
Profile PM 
Scatterplot Offline

Posted: April 26 2010, 13:25

The past. To go back in time and avoid losing the ones/things you love based on knowledge of the future. Beyond that, harsh payback on those who have -relieved- you of things/ones you love/the lifestyle you once had.

--------------
Crying to heaven
Profile PM 
Scatterplot Offline

Posted: April 26 2010, 14:04

I do not operate outside the law. Given the circumstance, I choose to discontinue posting. Eddy was my life. However, no threat of any kind(outside the law) has been implied, legally. Goodbye Tubularians. This has been unfortunate. I have to go for good. Bye

--------------
Crying to heaven
Profile PM 
Scatterplot Offline

Posted: April 26 2010, 14:24

That was a "legal disclaimer". I do not wish anyone from this site thinking I will break the law(USA law). I will not. Goodbye.

--------------
Crying to heaven
Profile PM 
Cooper Roy Offline

Posted: April 29 2010, 18:32

I am sorry, Forum Members.What is going on with the gentleman named Scatterplot? Is this some ongoing scam by a group of mischievous posters? Please explain because I was rounded-on by historical Forum members in my debut posts, but the foregoing ones by Mr.Scatterplot are completely off-the-wall...

CR

--------------
"I have nothing but sympathy for how people behave-and nothing but laughter to console them with.Laughter is my religion.In the manner of most religions, I admit my laughter is pretty desperate."
                                                                   John Irving
Profile PM 
ex member 892 Offline

Posted: April 29 2010, 18:39

Quote (Cooper Roy @ April 29 2010, 18:32)
I am sorry, Forum Members.What is going on with the gentleman named Scatterplot? Is this some ongoing scam by a group of mischievous posters? Please explain because I was rounded-on by historical Forum members in my debut posts, but the foregoing ones by Mr.Scatterplot are completely off-the-wall...

CR

No, it's not a scam. Please stop making these comments. After all, you don't want to be rounded on by a group of 'historical' forum members again... :p
Profile PM 
Cooper Roy Offline

Posted: April 29 2010, 19:07

Hey,Syd B.That signature.Don't hold your breath... ;)

CR

--------------
"I have nothing but sympathy for how people behave-and nothing but laughter to console them with.Laughter is my religion.In the manner of most religions, I admit my laughter is pretty desperate."
                                                                   John Irving
Profile PM 
ex member 892 Offline

Posted: April 29 2010, 20:40

Quote (Cooper Roy @ April 29 2010, 19:07)
Hey,Syd B.That signature.Don't hold your breath... ;)

CR

*Groan*...  

Now seriously, I'm quite through with the feuding. Let's call it a day. Why don't you post in some of the threads I've started recently (the setlist thread and MO memories thread)? I'd be interested in hearing your views. I'm really not an asshole, and I'm sure you're not either.
Profile PM 
Milamber Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: May 04 2010, 03:53

Autumn is well and truly here in Melbourne.
Time to put Light & Shade away and grab Ommadawn of the shelf.
Beach days and alfresco Dinners ,not for a while.
Good book weather though.
Autumn  faves for me are more on the culinary side than outdoorsyness with various seafood coming into season and on a cold and grey autumn day on the couch with some vintage Mike and some vintage red what could be better.
Happy Spring/Autumn Listening. :)
Profile PM 
The Big BellEnd Offline

Posted: May 04 2010, 04:57

Colour's, smell's and bug's.
Although now in may, in England this is still early spring, for instance yesterday at the coast the cold wind was practically unbearable.
Today though all of the above are present, abeit in the garden, and though wind has dropped it is still cool.
Anyway I'm off out now on my pushbike into the hill's of N yorkshire, hopefully to the colour's smell's and bug's in country-side air.

--------------
I, ON THE OTHER HAND. AM A VICTIM OF YOUR CARNIVOUROUS LUNAR ACTIVITY.
Profile PM 
nightspore Offline

Posted: May 04 2010, 08:11

Quote (milamber @ May 04 2010, 03:53)
Autumn is well and truly here in Melbourne.

I thought there was only one season in Melbourne - winter!  :D

I dislike being dictated to by the seasons. If I'm in a summer state of mind, that's the way it will be, and the weather can go to pot!!
Profile PM 
47 replies since Feb. 24 2010, 02:35 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (3) < 1 [2] 3 >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net