Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (3) < [1] 2 3 >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Spring Is In The Air, What are your fave things< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
ex member 419 Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Feb. 24 2010, 02:35

As summer slips away in the southern hemisphere, spring bursts forth in the north! March hares, fairs, colourful meadows and warmth in the air. Makes you feel good to be alive. What are the things you love about spring? It could be a memory, scent of a flower, place or event. Deb
Profile PM 
The Caveman Offline

Posted: Feb. 24 2010, 03:59

Not quite yet Deb although it is quite mild today.Yersterday it snowed all day!
Roll on spring.Pissed off with Winter in a big way :laugh:

--------------
THE COMING OF THE GREAT WHITE HANDKERCHEIF IS NIGH.
Profile PM 
Dirk Star Offline

Posted: Feb. 24 2010, 04:20

Yeah still snowing up here as well,Scotland`s absolutely covered in the stuff.

Looking forward to lighter nights and mornings,the leaves on the trees,and above all else..The end of the Winter Olympics,which my better half insists on watching 24/7.
Profile PM 
wiga Offline

Posted: Feb. 24 2010, 04:30

A lot of snow here too - going on too long now - nearly March :/. The one useful thing though this winter - people, myself included, are getting a dab hand at driving in this, and have a shovel, blanket and supplies in the boot.  The British are evolving - that's got to be good :).

--------------
Barn's burnt down - now I can see the moon.
Profile PM 
The Caveman Offline

Posted: Feb. 24 2010, 04:54

Really looking forward to the simple things.Going out in the evening in a Tshirt and not having to wrap up like Captain Scott and it still being light.
 Going for walks in the woods and seeing the first wild flowers.
 Dawn being 5 in the morning and not 7.
And above all warmth.I hate being cold!!! :laugh:

--------------
Profile PM 
ex member 419 Offline

Posted: Feb. 24 2010, 04:59

Its not far off now. You have all come through the worst winter in years and my thoughts have been with you all. I have noticed (sadly) the sun sets earlier and nights are cooler. Thinking about Easter coming up, and it will be cardigan time again! Look forward to hopefully a bumper spring and summer! Oh I almost forgot only a month and a half till HR and Ommadawn are available. Can't wait! Deb
Profile PM 
nightspore Offline

Posted: Feb. 24 2010, 07:35

I was surprised to learn some time ago that the northern hemisphere marks spring and autumn differently from the way we do, Deb. But yes, for us in Oz, Fall is in the hall!
Profile PM 
The Caveman Offline

Posted: Feb. 24 2010, 08:38

Really looking forward to those coming out.

It has been the worst,coldest and snowiest winter for 30 years-officially!
 British summers are either really crap or really good.There really is no middle ground.Can't wait.
 I can feel a change is coming.Not quite so bitterly cold now and (apart from the snow yesterday)the nights are getting lighter.That's the biggie for me.I love the fact that it doesn't get dark till gone 9 in summer here.

--------------
Profile PM 
Scatterplot Offline

Posted: Feb. 24 2010, 13:08

Spring is in the air by golly.

--------------
We raise our voices in the night
Crying to heaven
And will our voices be heard
Or will they break Like the wind
Profile PM 
bee Offline

Posted: Feb. 24 2010, 18:30

I love the threads you start Deb...I don't always post, but i do read them and they always make me think...which I like  :)

things about spring:

watching for the tiniest signs of it's arrival ~ especially the buds forming in the trees and the way the branches change their position...ever so slightly pointing up and out towards the warmer sunshine

hearing the birds singing differently

feeling that warm sunshine on your back if in a sheltered position, nothing beats the heat ~ especially after the winter we have had

noticing the change in the strength of light at different times of day ..I remember this vivdly from last March...I was walking in a wooded area and the late afternoon sun was shining between the trees and it focused on a clump of grass ~ nothing special about grass you would think but it shone like the most beautiful emeralds you have ever seen, lush, and full of healthy new growth. I shared that special moment with someone, will never forget it. The simplest things can be breathtaking

having windows and doors open for longer periods during the day, fresh air flowing through the house then getting moaned at coz 'it's cold!'

Driving home in the daylight form work - marvellous!

thinking about the months ahead,full of hope

Just waking up and feeling that there is plenty of time to do everything you want to in...anything is possible in the spring

the smell of the earth after a shower of rain

also the first whiff of someone cutting their grass for the very first time that year

seeing how yellow the daffodils really are

i had better stop...but there are so many things...what can it be like in the southern hemispheres , I'd like to know! What do you look forward to ? :)

--------------
....second to the right and straight on till morning....

You heard me before
Yet you hear me again
Then I die
Till I call me again
Profile PM 
bee Offline

Posted: Feb. 24 2010, 18:39

one more,

most important, the sound of the insects flying - bees ofcourse ! - but others too and then seeing them everywhere as they either come out of over wintering or emerge from eggs, everything comes alive again, always something to see...I love creepy crawlies ''Oo,o,o,o,o,o,o,   now, to me, at this late hour, those o's look like a caterpillar...think I had better go to sleep now :D

--------------
....second to the right and straight on till morning....

You heard me before
Yet you hear me again
Then I die
Till I call me again
Profile PM 
ex member 419 Offline

Posted: Feb. 24 2010, 20:20

Hi Wiga, I love Spring which usually starts in September here. Waking up in the morning to the sun streaming through the blinds. Feeling the sun's warmth all over me. Being able to take long lazy walks along the beach. Seeing people smile. The scent of my roses through the window. Having windows and doors open to let fresh air flow through the home. Sounds of birds, insects and foals romping near their mums. Babies, signs of new life. Taking the IPod into the garden and listening to Top Of The Morning. Spending time outdoors lots more. Driving to work with window down with sun shining. Driving home and being able to get outside after work. Deb
Profile PM 
Dirk Star Offline

Posted: Feb. 25 2010, 04:39

Taurus 2 is a piece of music I always associate with springtime.Lots of bursting colour and dancing round the maypole.It has a special kind of light heartedness and jovial frivolity almost which I find very appealing.It was originaly released early spring I remember,so I probably get some of those feelings from that as well.I`m struggling to hold off playing it now actualy,just thinking about it....Ah what the hell,why not?      :p
Profile PM 
wiga Offline

Posted: Feb. 25 2010, 06:44

Dirk - come on, get control man! The whole of QE2 reminds me of spring (Feb-March)- particularly Arrival, Wonderful Land, and Taurus1.

Deb - thanks for your words of springtime encouragement. Were they meant just for me?  :)

What I look forward to is the first time my car is warmed with the sun, like an oven, when I might tip the seat back and fall asleep. Then I would like to take a walk past daffodils to an icecream van and buy a 99 icecream cornet, sit on a bench and watch people go by, coming out of hibernation.

--------------
Profile PM 
The Caveman Offline

Posted: Feb. 25 2010, 08:07

MOTS reminds me of spring.It has that really uplifting positive quality to it.It kind of says "Ok winter's gone and spring's nearly here".
 I have a very good feeling about this spring/summer.After months of trying to find the right people my band looks like it will finally come together very soon with some very good players (and friends)on board,financially things are beginning to look a little more stable and of course the re-issue are (at the moment)just round the corner.It's all looking really rather good all told.
 QE2 for me is summer album.Purely from listening to it when we got to Bristol and seeing the cranes for the docks on my way down to see my family in Devon every summer when i was a kid.Little bit of childhood OCD meant i would always put the cassette on my walkman when we got a few miles from Bristol.Taurus 1 is such a maritime sounding thing at the start with the mandolin tune.

--------------
Profile PM 
Dirk Star Offline

Posted: Feb. 25 2010, 08:56

See now,Arrival has always reminded me of Christmastime.So much so in fact that I put it onto a Mike Oldfield Christmassy type thing that I compiled onto cd once.In fact I do believe that was the title I printed onto the inlay.. "Mike Oldfield Christmassy Type Thing"

Wonderful Land I don`t know if I`ve really thought about it in that respect? It`s always had a kind of "end of the pier" feel to me.So I`d guess by association it`d probably get filed away into late summer/early autumn.MOTS,again I`m getting even later autumn with that one moving into november maybe!?

Hey at the end of the day he`s pretty much a man for all seasons,right!? I`d be happy to take anything on board,and put it to the springtime test.Another MO comp perhaps? Now That`s What I Call The Vernal Equinox Vol 1...Bang it on your iPod.Strip off butt nekkid.Then dance around the maypole that you`ve put up in your backgarden.Painstakingly crafted and constucted from used discarded toilet roll holders..Plus,,,One! (unused preferably) actual toilet roll itself.......Plenty of time to get building.. 20th March for the Northern Hemisphere.22nd Spetember Southern Hemisphere.You can then post your results in Deb`s   Another Brick In The Wall Thread.  :p

Oh I`ve just remembered Aurora is very springtime yes,I could certainly go with that one.And QE2 and Taurus 1 as well Wiga,I agree with those two.
Profile PM 
wiga Offline

Posted: Feb. 25 2010, 10:00

Time for a song I think - to the tune of - Love is in the air.

Altogether: -

Spring is in the air
In the rising of the sun
Spring is in the air
When the day is nearly done
And I don't know if you're an illusion
Don't know if I see right
But you're something I must believe in
And you're there when I reach out for you.....
:O

--------------
Profile PM 
nightspore Offline

Posted: Feb. 25 2010, 21:39

Quote (The Caveman @ Feb. 25 2010, 08:07)
Little bit of childhood OCD meant i would always put the cassette on my walkman when we got a few miles from Bristol.

OCD is an odd thing, isn't it? At one stage in my life I had to listen to five pieces of music each day. But then I just grew out of it. I suspect that every successful person has a bit of OCD in them somewhere...
Profile PM 
The Caveman Offline

Posted: Feb. 26 2010, 04:35

Funnily enough i still do have to listen to some things when i'm going to certain places.For example if i'm going home to Salisbury for a day i have to be listening to TB as i pull in.Dunno why but i have very clear memries of hearing TB when i was very young when i lived in Salisbury.I'd have been about 3 and some parts of TB i associate very strongly with that time.
 It's not real OCD though.My middle child really does have OCD and it's hell!Causing her mother and i no end of problems.

--------------
Profile PM 
ex member 419 Offline

Posted: Feb. 26 2010, 05:29

I love all of your posts on spring and how it lifts your mood just knowing there is warmer weather on the way! Bee you are a talented poet, I visualised your post, beautiful! Wiga yes I wanted to lift your spirits and affirm how I value your threads. Im running out of space so Jim, sunny side up, and Caveman hope your daughter improves over time. Melodies invoke strong memories of youth, hence the need for TB1. Comfort. Dirk shine on through and do play Taurus 2! Deb
Profile PM 
47 replies since Feb. 24 2010, 02:35 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (3) < [1] 2 3 >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net