Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Spot the Hallowe'en links< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Moz Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: Nov. 12 2007, 01:53

Originally MOTS was supposed to be an album on the festival of Hallowe'en.  That concept seems to have disappeared, but I still think there are remnants of this original idea - particularly in Part 2.  (That's why I like that part!;)

Of course this is all open to interpretation and depends on what Hallowe'en means to you.  I'm not thinking of the horror movies, but more of a Lord of the Rings style fantasy.  I am not sure why. :laugh:

Tracks that I think are hints of Hallowe'en:

Prophecy (the opening is quite eerie)
Harmonia Mundi (feels very much like LOTR to me)
The Other Side (more eerie/LOTR feel)
Empyrean (yes, it's LOTR again)

I'm probably on my own here ;) Anyone else noticed this?!

--------------
Twitter: @benbarden
Profile PM WEB 
timshen Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Nov. 12 2007, 05:56

But what's LOTR got to do with Halloween? The nearest I can find to it is in the ghost army that's under a curse only broken when they follow Aragorn into battle.

--------------
Expect Great Things.
Attempt Great Things.
Profile PM 
Moz Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: Nov. 12 2007, 07:27

I don't know, some tracks made me think of Hallowe'en, some made me think of LOTR.  I'll get me coat...  :D

--------------
Twitter: @benbarden
Profile PM WEB 
Matt Offline

Group: Admins
Posted: Nov. 12 2007, 09:12

I can't spot any links with Hallowe'en. I suspect that although that might have been Mikes original notion his ideas evolved (as they tend to do! ) as the work progressed into the more "cosmic" Music of the spheres.

--------------
"I say I say I say I say, what's got three bottles and five eyes and no legs and two wheels"
Profile PM 
Sweetpea Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Nov. 13 2007, 02:46

I like the idea of 'Halloween', so I was hoping Mike had merely shelved the project to be completed at a later date.

--------------
"I'm no physicist, but technically couldn't Mike both be with the horse and be flying through space at the same time? (On account of the earth's orbit around the Sun and all that). So it seems he never had to make the choice after all. I bet he's kicking himself now." - clotty
Profile PM 
4 replies since Nov. 12 2007, 01:53 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net