Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Spheres< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Jerome C Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Feb. 26 2008, 14:21

"Digital Single Out Next Week

‘Spheres’ is released as a digital single next Monday, 3rd March. The track is unavailable anywhere else and doesn’t feature on Mike’s forthcoming album, ‘Music of the Spheres’. The song was the initial piece of music Mike recorded when conceiving the idea for this album and it doesn’t feature the involvement of Karl Jenkins or any other musicians, it is purely Mike’s own recording.

This highly exclusive track - a must for any fan - is available from all good digital retailers from 3rd March"

There

--------------
Jerome C
(long time out of here, but always having MO in mind somewhere)
Profile PM 
Matt Offline

Group: Admins
Posted: Feb. 26 2008, 14:53

Wow, susprising and very exciting news! Can't wait to see what form this takes...

--------------
"I say I say I say I say, what's got three bottles and five eyes and no legs and two wheels"
Profile PM 
Sweetpea Offline

Posted: Feb. 26 2008, 15:01

Well, this is a surprise - to me, at least - and yet one more thing to look forward to. Goody!

Errr... these things aren't merely big teases are they? You know, tossing little niblets periodically until, whaddya know, it's the entire album, pre-orchestration! Not that I'd complain - I'd be too busy in my corner, hording and playing with my niblets.

--------------
"I'm no physicist, but technically couldn't Mike both be with the horse and be flying through space at the same time? (On account of the earth's orbit around the Sun and all that). So it seems he never had to make the choice after all. I bet he's kicking himself now." - clotty
Profile PM 
Alan D Offline

Posted: Feb. 26 2008, 15:58

Quote (Jerome C @ Feb. 26 2008, 19:21)
a must for any fan

Not for this fan, it isn't.

Come on Mike, let's have something real, for pity's sake. I want something I can pick up, and handle, and look at, and carry through to the kitchen while I'm having my lunch. That whole creative interactive zone between the idea and the physical is part of the celebration, and is totally absent from a download: a whole realm of experience is missing.
Profile PM 
Ebony Offline

Posted: Feb. 26 2008, 17:16

Quote (Alan D @ Feb. 26 2008, 20:58)
I want something I can pick up, and handle, and look at, and carry through to the kitchen while I'm having my lunch. That whole creative interactive zone between the idea and the physical is part of the celebration, and is totally absent from a download: a whole realm of experience is missing.

I've got to say, I'm with you on this one.  If the only way of getting certain tracks and stuff is to download them then ok, I'll download them.  I'd be tempted to ignore them as a matter of principle, but if I really wanted them then I'd just be cutting off my nose to spite my face.  But I prefer cds.  Owning an actual something instead of a load of bytes on the computer is always going to have the edge.  Maybe I'm getting old before my time...
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Feb. 26 2008, 17:23

We've got a topic now in news - I look forward to the discussion continuing over there!
Profile PM 
5 replies since Feb. 26 2008, 14:21 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net