Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Special Thanks: Martin Birch< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Holger Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Jan. 05 2004, 12:10

In the sleeve notes of Five Miles Out, it says 'Special thanks: Jeremy Parker, Martin Birch'. As some of you might know, Martin Birch is a producer who worked with, among others, Rainbow and Iron Maiden. I wonder what Mike thanked him for?
Profile PM 
larstangmark Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Aug. 22 2005, 16:49

Quote (Holger @ Jan. 05 2004, 12:10)
In the sleeve notes of Five Miles Out, it says 'Special thanks: Jeremy Parker, Martin Birch'. As some of you might know, Martin Birch is a producer who worked with, among others, Rainbow and Iron Maiden. I wonder what Mike thanked him for?

Sorry for the long overdue answer, but I think Martin Birch used to work at the Manor around that time. Don't remember if FMO was recorded there, but it's a possible connection.

In 1983 Birch produced Black Sabbath's Born Again album at the manor. "The ladies of the manor" are imortalized in the opening track "Trashed", just as they are in the liner notes of some early Tangerine Dream album (Phaedra? Rubycon?).

Lars T

--------------
"There are twelve people in the world, the rest are paste"
Mark E Smith
Profile PM WEB 
1 replies since Jan. 05 2004, 12:10 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net