Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Special for Switzerland?, Tubular Bells 2009 on sale< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
yanouch65 Offline

Group: Members
Posted: June 18 2009, 08:59

Hello

As we know, there are several versions of Tubular Bells 2009:
The Ultimate box set
Mike Oldfield - The Collection
Tubular Bells 2009 - DeLuxe
Tubular Bells 2009 - Vinyl

In Switzerland, we can buy the Tubular Bells 2009 CD. There is only the cd in it.

I think it is why the official site says: "...4 physical and 2 digital versions (5 physical versions outside the UK and EIRE).

The fifth version is only the cd.

Can you buy only the cd in your country?

Thank you

:)

--------------
Ray said : "it is a shame you don't play"

manintherain said: "You´d better ask Mr. Y who was first"

yanouch65 says: "I am in love with Scotland"
Profile PM 
Nacho Offline

Posted: June 18 2009, 10:25

In Spain you can also buy the single CD edition!

By the way, the only fault I find in those CD booklets is that unless you buy the vinyl or the Ultimate Box, the list of instruments is not included even if the booklets have more than 20 pages...

But even that, I find Universal has made a great effort!  :)
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: June 18 2009, 13:19

The single CD is available in Italy as well. The back cover of its booklet is the same as the original album's back cover, so the instrument list is there, even if very very small. :)

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
Nacho Offline

Posted: June 18 2009, 16:22

Quote (Ugo @ June 18 2009, 19:19)
The single CD is available in Italy as well. The back cover of its booklet is the same as the original album's back cover, so the instrument list is there, even if very very small. :)

The single CD back cover that I have shows only the title tracks, no list instruments... and the back cover of the booklet has also the titles, not the instruments. It's the same edition included in the The Collection pack. Can you check, Ugo? Because that wwill be a different booklet version.
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: June 18 2009, 16:35

The booklet of the Italian CD (the booklet, not the CD box) reproduces the covers of the original album (Bent bell+wave on the front, burning bones & "Mike Oldfield plays...." instruments list on the back). The only difference is an added line, © 2009 Mercury Records. :)
It's not uncommon for Italian releases to have different covers than other European releasas. Also, here we're talking about Universal, whose Italian branch (i.e. Universal Music Italy) is quite powerful when it comes to packaging (and re-packaging) CDs for Italy. I know of some classical music releases (e.g. from Deutsche Grammophon) whose covers (both of the booklet and of the CD box) were completely different from the corresponding German DG releases.

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
Nacho Offline

Posted: June 18 2009, 17:00

Thanks, Ugo, it is quite strange! My God, collectors are being killed with all these releases!!  :)
Profile PM 
5 replies since June 18 2009, 08:59 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net