Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Spatial A.K.A. Orchestra, perform funk-rock Tubular Bells< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Matt Offline

Group: Admins
Posted: Mar. 16 2010, 10:07

According to this news report amongst others, a re-formed version of the Specials is performing a bit of Tubular Bells in their current set!

Wasn't much of a Specials fan myself in years gone by but this description:

"... watching the Spatial AKA Orchestra’s vibes player hammer out a funk-rock version of Mike Oldfield’s Tubular Bells while wearing a glittering hat in the shape of Tutankhamun’s burial mask and Dame Edna Everage glasses ..."

does make me curious! What on earth would that sound (and look) like :O

Anyone into the Specials around here?

--------------
"I say I say I say I say, what's got three bottles and five eyes and no legs and two wheels"
Profile PM 
The Caveman Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Mar. 18 2010, 09:15

I heard a version of Ghost Town on the radio last night.Took me a minute to figure out what it was!Then i remeberred this thread.Was pretty good as i do remember the orginal being on the radio all the time.Although i seem to remember that Ghost Town was by Fun Boy Three which,if memory serves,was a splinter group formed by Terry Hall and a couple of other guys from The Specials (or Special AKA).
God alone knows what their version of TB would sound like.I'd be interested to hear it though.

--------------
THE COMING OF THE GREAT WHITE HANDKERCHEIF IS NIGH.
Profile PM 
Ghostmojo Offline

Group: Members
Posted: June 13 2010, 10:53

These guys were on Jools recently and were bloody awful. I can't believe he allowed them to dominate the programme. He had Jack Bruce on who he briefly interviewed but who didn't play anything (and a guy like that with planetary talent) and then lets Jerry Dammers (who remembers this nobody?) & co. wail away for seemingly ever. Baffling ...

--------------
" ... if you feel a little glum - to Hergest Ridge you should come ... "
Profile PM 
2 replies since Mar. 16 2010, 10:07 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net