Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Spaced out, Mike, please make Asimov's Foundation!< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
burntrental Offline

Group: Members
Posted: May 14 2005, 17:03

He's done Clarke, how about some Asimov mike?
The Foundation Series are as good if not better than anything Clarke has made. There must be inspiration for some spaced out tunes! Thoughts? :p
Profile PM 
Locutus Offline

Posted: June 12 2005, 06:28

good question.

the problem with asimov's writing is that it's verry journalistic.often relying on detective mistery and facts,solving of the problem,and pure logic.
when i first read Clarke's 'Songs of the distant Earth' i almost cried.when i passed the interlude i even had to stop for awhile.between every line u read - how lonely does it get?-.the story was soaked with feelings (not those Danielle Steel im-all-alone-nobody-loves-me-boo-hoo type),a true question every person is born with-why is the Great Frontier so hollow?...and the destruction of Earth just adds it all up.....always a good background for 'spaced out' music.

im not degrading Asimov, he is brilliant in the same SF field Clarke is....just that transforming his novel into music would result in....something 2 electronic for my taste.
....still, Big O. could pull it of....my vote is in.
Profile PM 
mtomasky Offline

Posted: Jan. 05 2006, 02:54

I agree, Asimov's books aren't the best inspiration. But I read a few ones, which really are, so maybe someday we'll hear again something like that from Mike ;)

--------------
I have nothing to say, but I say it out loud!
Profile PM 
New Incantation Offline

Posted: Oct. 11 2007, 10:00

I love Asimov's work: have just finished his "Robot" books and am about to make a start on the Foundation series for about the 5th time.

It is true that some of his writing is a tad predictable, urbane and pedestrian. But for me the Foundation books rise above that to the point of being some his most outstanding work. And yes MO should have a crack at turning it into a musical mystery tour, just like TSODE
Profile PM 
3 replies since May 14 2005, 17:03 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net