Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: SOUND PROBLEMS with MVR< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Dali Offline

Group: Members
Posted: May 25 2002, 16:00

Hi,

I'm playing MVR on Windows 2000, with a ESS-Allegro PCI soundcard. I have a sound-problem. Everytime a 'new' sound starts in the game, it being a 'song' or just a soundbite, it starts for only a second or so, and then repeats 3 or 4 times this second before going on, or just stopping. This really disrupts my playing-pleasure, because, of course, music is a big part of the game.

Anyone any clues?

Dali
Profile PM WEB 
MusicallyInspired Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: May 25 2002, 20:50

i dont think Music VR runs too well on Windows NT-based OS's.....tho i might be wrong....i dno since i dont have Win2k.

--------------
BrandonBlume.com
"The beauty in life is in the embracing of the variety of things. If all the world was blue there would be no colour blue."
Profile PM WEB 
Dali Offline

Posted: May 26 2002, 03:25

Hi,

I just figured out that my problem is a lot better - but still not OK - when I choose for 'old computer' in the MVR graphics-setup. So, maybe because I only have an 8 MB video card (I run this thing on a laptop), the problem is not the soundcard, but the graphics? I also noticed, that when I press ESC and the game pauses, the music sound perfect. As soon as I pres ESC again, the music starts to stutter again.

Weird eh?

Dali
Profile PM WEB 
TOBY Offline

Posted: May 26 2002, 06:52

I use windows 2000 and have no problem with it running. The only thing I've noticed is that although I have a 32meg graphics card it actually runs a lot smoother when I have the game set for a 16meg card
Profile PM 
Jerome C Offline

Posted: May 27 2002, 04:29

Hi,

I have sound problems also (I can't tell u now what sound chipset I have, I have XP + 512 Mb ram + geforce 32 Mb video) : it often gives the bad impression of a "scratched CD" (repeating sound) or music mixing together (bad transitions between 2 musics), or problems to "start" a musical sequence, and then it goes ok.

But it doesn't happen all the time, it depends (I couldn't say how). Sometimes I stop moving and it seems to get better.

I tried the 16 meg setting, first thought "yes, that's it" but after a while, same problems again. When it happens in the "magical parts" or the game, it just ruins everything !

I also had 2 severe crashes.

Otherwise it's a really great experience, for some sequences I just can't help going there again ! (thin men with the piano, the "blue geyser" game)

I'll keep trying !
Jerome

--------------
Jerome C
(long time out of here, but always having MO in mind somewhere)
Profile PM 
Dali Offline

Posted: May 27 2002, 09:29

Hi all,

Does anyone know what the official e-mail adress or website is where we can post this kind of questions. I remember with the demo there was an e-mail adress for input to the MVR-team.

But now - nothing?

There should be a way to let Mike know we have these problems...!

Dali
Profile PM WEB 
Olivier Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: May 27 2002, 10:33

Mike or his team might be reading this forum... Seriously, it could be the best way for them to help people: everything is centralized, they don't have to answer several times the same questions, and I voluntarly organize things in the forums wink
Profile PM 
MusicallyInspired Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: May 27 2002, 10:57

sorry guess i was wrong about the win2k thing! smile

--------------
BrandonBlume.com
"The beauty in life is in the embracing of the variety of things. If all the world was blue there would be no colour blue."
Profile PM WEB 
jaxomoy Offline

Posted: May 28 2002, 12:14

hi guys, i do have the same problem with my music, scratching sound and stuff, sometimes ok, sometimes very bad... twice my sound just went off.

I do have a suggestion: adjust the sound acceleration from Max to Min, etc. Could be the reason for the problems. You can find it in your Control Panel->Mulitmedia/Sound...
Profile PM 
ian Offline

Posted: June 01 2002, 05:55

i have problems with jumping or the tracks not looping properly which is a shame as it becomes annoying.One example is the planet sequence with the silver man.When I click on the mouse to speed up,the music keeps jumping quite severely which is a shame.I think eventually the team will keep putting software updates on the site which will eventually iron out these problems.We may be beta testers for a while.
Profile PM WEB 
9 replies since May 25 2002, 16:00 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net