Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: sound problems, it squeaks awfully though the update< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
maria Offline

Group: Members
Posted: July 18 2002, 19:55

i've had this trouble since the begining... could be because i have windows me? my system... amd athlon, 16 GHz, 128 Mb SDRAM, 40 GB, creat. sound blaster audio pci 128, nvdia geforce Mx, could somebody tell me why? could be the musicmatch? i'm lost...
i've downloaded the update but it works worse... it squeaks more than before...suddenly and all get stopped... and it goes out... and i have to rstart the machine or sometimes it restart by herself... :/  i can't get into mvr because it throws me out and i can't enjoy flying that way... feel like waiting for an electric ray or something like this... could anybody help me? need your advice...  :)

--------------
...morning and evening i'm flying, i'm dreaming...
Profile PM WEB 
maria Offline

Posted: July 18 2002, 19:58

sorry... when explaining my system features... not 16  :O  but 1 Ghz...
:D

--------------
Profile PM WEB 
Manny Offline

Posted: July 19 2002, 13:45

I'm using winme too.  I had the same sound problem until yesterday that I installed the update mentioned in the news page (about 1.3 mb size) and the problem went out.   The first thing you need to verify is that you have the proper and updated drivers for the sound card from creative and winme specific (before doing this I had a lot of problems in all the applications that handle sounds).   I have also installed musicmatch 7.2 but that's not related to the problem.    Finally, need to verify it the soundcard is not getting hotter.  If you can not install additional fan cooler you could try to move it to another PCI slot far from the other cards.  I did not have to update drivers for the video card but that was because it was just installed one week before installing MVR.
Profile PM 
Jerome C Offline

Posted: July 31 2002, 10:31

Hi,

I had big sound problems since the very beginning (version 1.0) and couldn't solve them through drivers updates and so on (I have nvidia 2 Go on a laptop + XP), and then MVR 1.1a update made it !! (I didn't try the 1.1 update)

At last I can have a decent play experience... actually, I was not playing any more because of this, I'll try again now !

:D
Jérôme C

--------------
Jerome C
(long time out of here, but always having MO in mind somewhere)
Profile PM 
maria Offline

Posted: July 31 2002, 13:20

hi jerome! all this week i've been able to enter the game without so big problems since i've downloaded the 1.1a version  :D ... i hope it continues the same...
before registering (about what i have to say i haven't had any problem, i was frightened about this because i had read you can't do it after the fourth time, and that was my fifth...) i deleted all the temporary internet files and it goes well, yesterday night i had a problem trying to go the sbb from inside mvr, but i don't mind....  :)  after being a month trying to solve big problems... i had to take my machine to "hospital" twice!!
thanks for your answer

--------------
Profile PM WEB 
maria Offline

Posted: July 31 2002, 15:59

sorry... i repost because realized i've been rude for a question of an 's'... :/
what i meant:
thanks for your answerS, you 2, manny and jerome
 :)

--------------
Profile PM WEB 
Manny Offline

Posted: July 31 2002, 18:35

No problem.  I hope you can enjoy the game now. Just one advise: don't try to finish it in a rush but take your time.
Profile PM 
maria Offline

Posted: July 31 2002, 18:44

:) yes... i'm doing this... i love flying... sometimes i look for the rings but a lot of them i only fly and enjoy :) it's a place full of peace and there is beautiful people too...

--------------
Profile PM WEB 
Jerome C Offline

Posted: Aug. 01 2002, 05:52

Yes, it's a game where you must not be in a hurry for sure, though I understood that it can be quickly "finished" for usual players, but you'll miss the best parts of it.

I don't play often enough (but quite a lot, considering the very bad conditions I was experiencing), and the best number of rings I ever had was 5. But I've not taken the spoilers yet, maybe I'll do that if I get stuck for too long : flying is cool, but after a while, seeing the same stuff again and again tends to become boring ;)

Have a nice play time.
Jérôme

--------------
Jerome C
(long time out of here, but always having MO in mind somewhere)
Profile PM 
maria Offline

Posted: Aug. 01 2002, 12:44

in my case, the best number of rings has been five too, i have seen one more on the back of an insect near the cactus, i've managed to join the insect as an ava, but i don't know how to get the ring... a question of time...  ;)
i've had mvr from the very beginning, though the first month i couldn't enjoy because of the problems i told you, but i flew alone and one could think that what you say about the boredom is true, but i have to say that i'm discovering you can make different things inside mvr... try to get the rings, fly alone as going for a walk while listening to music (i love this now!! :) you can fly with other people and here you have different possibilities too, you can take a trip with others over the canyon or inside the snow cave or near the cross... flying together watching their real movements or perhaps you can even invent games inside mvr why not?  the difference with other games (i always say 'game' is not the best word for mvr) is that this is more a place to go, a place where the background is given but there's a lot to imagine by any of us and you can communicate, this is very important for me.
and i hope that when all the places in mvr are known as the rooms at home ;) tubular world will be released and we'll be discovering again... i wish m.o. keeps on working in this project...
:)

--------------
Profile PM WEB 
9 replies since July 18 2002, 19:55 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net