Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Sound on sound interview, Sound on sound hi-tech recording mag< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
treslunas Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: Oct. 21 2002, 09:56

In this months issue of sound on sound is mike! he talks about music vr, his equipment and how he has found technology over the past 30 years.
If anybody wants a transcript please send your e-mail to korgscrew@hotmail.com

Treslunas

--------------
Tr3s Lunas (Danny Hudson)
Profile PM 
Olivier Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Oct. 21 2002, 13:28

Alternatively, you can read it here... http://tubular.net/articles/02_11.shtml
Profile PM 
TOBY Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Oct. 21 2002, 14:03

Got a question.

Releasing the rerecording of TB in 5.1 that they discuss at the end of the article. That presumably refers to 5.1 digital surround sound does it? Do you have to have a surround sound amp to take advantage of this?
Profile PM 
theweightless Offline

Posted: Oct. 21 2002, 16:48

yes you must have 5.1 amplifier..i don't see how else you could hear it in surround

--------------
ASMK
Profile PM 
Thomas Höögh Offline

Posted: Oct. 21 2002, 18:39

If this would be reallity, are we talking SACD or DVD audio? I presume it will be SACD though there already is a TB in SACD released. But SACD does only have four channels or am I wrong?

--------------
Crazy, terrible, wonderful, perfect!!!!

I just love Tubular Bells |||
Profile PM WEB 
R@inbow Offline

Posted: Nov. 20 2002, 11:05

No, Your right. SACD is something Sony created. And as far as i known only available on sony hardware. SACD stands for SuperAudioCD. This mainly means it would be able to produce the music in high res/More clearly. DTS however is a more known and used standard. Almost every mid and high end Amplifier supports DTS. And if you have a 5.1 speaker system (1 center, 2 front, 2 back, 1 subwoofer)  you can enjoy the DTS expierence. Ofcourse the quality of your speakers is important. But not so much as in SASD.

I listened SACD and DTS on my Denon AVR1802 and Mission Speakers, but i prefer DTS. On the other hand, SACD is specific made for music and concerts cause when you visit a concert the music always come's on your front, and never from all around you. DTS is mainly made for Movies, cause the surround mode is very important in the matter. Nevertheless DTS is a real experience to hear. And i hope some Mike Oldfield stuff will released including the DTS format

Correct me iff above standing information is wrong, but thats how i was told.

Greetings,

R@inbow
Profile PM 
5 replies since Oct. 21 2002, 09:56 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net