Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Sound MODs for MVR< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
MusicallyInspired Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: May 28 2002, 13:28

since that dude on the Amarok Mailing list made that program to turn the MVR snd files into wav files and wav files into MVR snd files ( http://hosted.barrysworld.net/jehon/apps/snd2wav.zip ), wouldnt it be kool if (weather u r bored of the original music...not to say you CAN get bored of it.....or just want to see someone elses idea for music in different areas of MVR) since this game is all about music, make Music MODs for MVR. ppl make their own music and make music packs to download and install into MVR. ppl do it all the time with games like half-life, unreal tournament, etc....

would be kool if we do somethn similar to MVR but in a different way with music......only thing is, the game programs itself for each sound file....so if cactuszone.snd is 1:20 long then if you change cactuszone.snd to your own sound file thats like 0:50 or 2:03 then the game will still loop it at 1:20 regardless...also theres still the problem of ripping the big music parts from MVR....but who cares.....you can put ur own music in! maybe someone will be able to make some kind of program to change that..

also maybe someday in the future someone will make a editor for MVR and we can make our own MVR worlds?? interesting idea........

anyways what everyone think of that?

--

back on the ripping the big music parts....

not knowing a thing about programming, would it be possible to take the musivr exec file and examine it and see how it extracts the music from the treslunas.dat file and create a program to use the same method?

--------------
BrandonBlume.com
"The beauty in life is in the embracing of the variety of things. If all the world was blue there would be no colour blue."
Profile PM WEB 
Manny Offline

Group: Members
Posted: June 03 2002, 11:22

Can anyone tell me where else can I get that program from? (I can't get the link to work), also if you like you can send it to me to mcasanova@telcel.net.ve
Thanks in advance
Profile PM 
MusicallyInspired Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: June 03 2002, 14:45

sure ill email it to you...and same for anyone else who wants it......its *NOT* my program but i can get it to you

--------------
BrandonBlume.com
"The beauty in life is in the embracing of the variety of things. If all the world was blue there would be no colour blue."
Profile PM WEB 
2 replies since May 28 2002, 13:28 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net