Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: SOS Article, Article from Sound on Sound magazine.< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
pauken Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Oct. 13 2013, 21:19

I've been waiting for it to appear in full on the Internet after having read it in print and here it is :)

http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/apr13/articles/classic-tracks-0413.htm
Profile PM 
First_Excursion Offline

Posted: Oct. 14 2013, 04:31

Nice one.
Profile PM 
Platinumpty Offline

Posted: Oct. 15 2013, 10:58

Lovely piece.  He does seem to be on a roll in terms of remembering little details I've not heard before.

Imagine if Simon Draper had waited a couple of weeks to call and Mike was already on the plane to Moscow to join a balalaika orchestra?!!
Profile PM WEB 
Jeansie Offline

Posted: Oct. 19 2013, 19:56

I always hated the bells in the finale on tubular bells 2009, and wondered why he had messed them up so bad from previous versions.  Now at least I understand why.

I wish he had just mixed the bells in from the two track version rather than try and mix in bells from a different section of the album and alter the sound to make them fit, it hasn't worked well at all and in every other respect the 2009 mix was exceedingly well done.  It's a shame because the bells almost make the 2009 version unlistenable.
Profile PM 
3 replies since Oct. 13 2013, 21:19 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net