Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Song Of The Sun, no guitars< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Bleat Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Feb. 25 2008, 12:25

Hello,

As promised in my sharing voyager thread, here is a cover of Song Of The Sun.

There's no guitar parts in it ,just the backing,so feel free to use it as a sort of Mike Oldfield Karaoke Song.

It would be interesting to hear some guitar recorded over the top...*hint hint* :cool:

This is now version 2.......The Mp3 is 10.71mb and should say : "Bleat_SongOfTheSun_Vr2"

Bleat.:cool:

Song Of The Sun- version 2 download
Profile PM 
Markus K. Offline

Posted: Feb. 28 2008, 15:50

It's quite good. But I can't play guitar. Hmph...  

;)

--------------
---
Markus K.
Profile PM 
Bleat Offline

Posted: Feb. 28 2008, 19:23

Well I had another couple of listens to my first attempt..... :/

.....and being a perfectionist I decided it wasn't really the best I could do ,although it was the best I could do in the couple of days it took,so ......I'm doing a version 2.
I was dissapointed in the bodhran sound ( I think i got it a lot closer tonite),and some of my playing,mixing etc isn't too good ,so im fixing that and correcting a few other things like whistles etc that I had done wrong or been a bit lazy with....hopefully it will be a nice improvement on what I already did......watch this space as "they "say..

I think for my next MO attempt it will be my own version of something instead of a straight copy......unless there are any requests ;)

Cheers,James.

:cool:
Profile PM 
Bleat Offline

Posted: Mar. 01 2008, 16:32

Hello,

I have now put up a version 2 of Song Of the Sun for download...

I like this much better ,I hope you like it also.Feel free to make a comment ,throw rotten tomatoes etc. :p

The link is at the top ^^^

Cheers,
James.
:cool:
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: Mar. 01 2008, 20:36

Excellent. :cool: :cool: You've got the beat (and most of the other parts as well...) exactly right - congrats. :) This almost makes me wanna learn to play electric guitar M.O.-style... but I'm too lazy to actually do it. :D

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
4 replies since Feb. 25 2008, 12:25 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net