Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: something positive for the world< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
tubularbills Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Oct. 08 2001, 18:16

This past month has put a large downer on the world, especially here in the USA and New York. And lately with the attacks on the terrorist regimes in Afghanastan. There are times when i look at everything going on, and can't help but feel a little depressed.

But then i put on MO. and lately i've noticed that a lot of his music is really uplifting and peaceful. Kind of leaves a hope for the future.

Some of the most hopeful and positive tracks are from TMB: "Sunlight Shining Through Cloud", "Peace on Earth", "Liberation", and "Lake Constance". Other positively charged tunes include "Top of the Morning" from TB3, "The Bell" from TB2, "Heaven's Open" (the song), "Out of Sight" and "Out of Mind" from Guitars, "In the Beginning", "Crystal Clear", and "Only Time Will Tell" from TOSDE, and some various parts of Voyager.

While most of these pieces of music are lyrically inclined, some are still just his regular instrumental groove.

Sometimes, listening to these songs gives me hope for the future.

--------------
Terrible, Wonderful, Crazy, Perfect.
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: Oct. 09 2001, 17:22

I'd like to add the "Majestic Theme" recorder section from Ommadawn Pt. 1 and the whole of the Africa sections (Africa 1, 2 and 3) from Amarok. I think that the finale of Africa 3 and of Amarok as a whole is a perfect celebration of the power of world peace.

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
Dervish_D Offline

Posted: Oct. 13 2001, 03:08

It seems I have the same feelings as you. Music is so far away from that troubled world.
Profile PM 
raven4x4x Offline

Posted: Sep. 03 2002, 05:24

It's great to know that whatever you are feeling, you can put music on and you're just transported to another world, full of joy and happieness. My favourite uplifting tracks are: Africa sections from Amarok, Far Country from Earth Moving (the guitar solo is amazing...), Our of Mind and Muse from Guitars, Heaven's Open the song, most of Platinum, especially Punkadiddle and I got Rhythm, Sunlight Shining through clouds from Millennium Bell, all of Tubular Bells II at Edinburgh castle, and the reprise Far above the Clouds from Horse Guards parade, which is one of my absolute favourite pieces. Short insteumentals such as Afghan, In the Pool and Silent Night (from the Tattoo single).

All of these pieces, plus lots more, have the power to really lift me up. That is one of the main reasons for listening to music (not that I'm depressed or anything, but I am a student  :/ ).

--------------
Thank-you for helping us help you help us all.
Profile PM 
maria Offline

Posted: Sep. 03 2002, 11:34

i agree with you all, this is one the things that have made me go on listening  to his music... as the background in my life... . i met m.o. music when i was a child... going to the teens... with all the chaos inside... discovering what the real life is ... but i grew near the mountains and rounded by his music and that was my treasure...
in that moment, knowing nothing about his life i could see chaos and strong feelings inside his music too...that made me feel that i was not alone... that music was talking about hard real feelings but at the same time it was full of clear air and his guitars have always been a powerful chant to hope and magic, yes...sometimes i felt as if listening to ommadawn i could jump out of the world and take a trip out of it.
now, i'm an adult  :D  and his music still keeps talking to me about hope, about the posibility of making the earth a better place to live... a softer life. In general terms, perhaps ART is the only path to a better world, its language is universal, people all over the world can feel the same while enjoying a piece of art... or at least we can find common places respecting and learning from other people opinions... we can check it here, isn't it?   ;)

--------------
...morning and evening i'm flying, i'm dreaming...
Profile PM WEB 
Couldren Offline

Posted: Jan. 20 2003, 10:12

I likewise agree with all of you.

Mike's music is peaceful, and to me helps you escape or deal with a troubled world. I was born in Denmark, lived in England, and now live in The U.S. and I must say that if these 3 countries are supposed to be some of the better ones, I'm affraid we are in trouble.

I have hope for the future, though the present does not impress me.

Unlike most I have talked to, I was not at all surprised or chocked at the September 11 terrorism, we need to open our eyes to the world we live in and try to make some changes, for I think we are in for much more of this in the future if we don't.

To the above list of wonderful music for peaceful music, I would like to add "The Wind Chimes", & "The Lake", but I love his music, it is all "Wunderbar".

FREEEEEEEDOOOOOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)
Profile PM 
Couldren Offline

Posted: Jan. 20 2003, 10:29

I just wanted to add, how much I appreaciate reading about people who seem to feel much the same way I do, on this site. It is nice to know that there are kindred spirits out there.

My only complaint I wish there would be more current messages here, for I really find many of them inspirational, uplifting, and encouraging. For if more feel the way I do, I feel there is a greater hope that positive changes will be made in the future.

At least I appreciate having a site to write on that isn't full of Selfish, Squares, Perverts or Idiots.

As a student this is much appreciated, since I'm considered quite an oddball not being so.
Profile PM 
6 replies since Oct. 08 2001, 18:16 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net