Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (2) < 1 [2] >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Some toughts< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
arron11196 Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Sep. 10 2007, 13:36

Fair enough. I'm narcy about seeing so much negativity and I apologise for overreacting. I guess I forgot what this place can get like.

--------------
Arron J Eagling

Everyone's interpretation is different, and everyone has a right to that opinion. There is no "right" one, I am adding this post to communicate my thoughts to share them with like-minded souls who will be able to comment in good nature.

(insert the last 5 mins of Crises here)
Profile PM 
jonnyw Offline

Posted: Sep. 10 2007, 18:09

I think the cleanest drum track ive ever hear on an MO album would be on "altered state" on TBii

Really punchy, and real...

well.. theres what 20 years later in studio equipment does.

Sorry, just wanted to break the tension.

--------------
Grand piano.
Reed and pipe organ.
Glockenspeil.
Bass guitar.
Vocal chords.
Two slightly sampled electric guitars.
The venitian effect.
Digital sound processor.
And Tubular bells.

Solo music - http://-terrapin-.bebo.com

Band music - http://www.rsimusic.com
Profile PM WEB 
Sir Mustapha Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: Sep. 10 2007, 19:05

Personally, I'm a sucker for the drums on Music from the Balcony.

--------------
Check out http://ferniecanto.com.br for all my music, including my latest albums: Don't Stay in the City, Making Amends and Builders of Worlds.
Also check my Bandcamp page: http://ferniecanto.bandcamp.com
Profile PM WEB 
Taurus 4 Offline

Posted: Sep. 10 2007, 22:27

Quote (jonnyw @ Sep. 10 2007, 18:09)
I think the cleanest drum track ive ever hear on an MO album would be on "altered state" on TBii

Really punchy, and real...

I'd half forgotten that - I'll pay attention when I next blast out TBII!
Profile PM 
arron11196 Offline

Posted: Sep. 11 2007, 16:31

I suppose instead of getting all ragey i should actually respond to the point of this post... my thoughts on Platinum as an album.

When I first heard it, I initiated Fungus Mode (see The Fungus Effect, - tubular.net) And didn't like it much. It was at the time very different from anything i'd heard him do before... so my mind did the "whaaattt!!" thing, and then I recovered. Then I really got into it... that beat on Platinum (the section) and the riffs overlayed, whilst kinda simple musically, was really effective to me.

I couldn't get it out of my head for weeks. I went around for ages just smiling inanely as people walked past, probably (rightly so) thinking what a complete loony I was.

I came to use it as part of my exercise regime. Every time I use the exercise bike now, I start off with the 4 track piece from this. Airborne is a wonderful way to start I think ;) Again, loved Platinum, was never too hot on Charleston, I dunno, theres something about it that doesn't quite grab me as other tracks here do. Its zany though, and if i'm in the right mood i can ooble dooble along to it, and pretent to be a ghost singer :P

For me the best track on this album is the final part, North Star. Simply amazing guitar work, maybe not in technical terms, or how well it is played... but the emotion that I can hear in it... yeah. Its hard to describe the feeling that it conveys to me; its almost like exaltation but without the feeling of being better than everyone/thing else.

I've noticed many people dont like Woodhenge. I think its a great track, brilliantly composed, very moody.

Personally, Sally or I Got Rythmn dont really do it for me.  :/  I don't mind Punkadiddle if i'm in the mood for it, but I mostly just play the 4 section monster. Sometimes just North Star, to get that great feeling.

--------------
Arron J Eagling

Everyone's interpretation is different, and everyone has a right to that opinion. There is no "right" one, I am adding this post to communicate my thoughts to share them with like-minded souls who will be able to comment in good nature.

(insert the last 5 mins of Crises here)
Profile PM 
24 replies since Feb. 11 2002, 06:39 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (2) < 1 [2] >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net