Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Some things I noticed., Reused Phrases< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
MusicallyInspired Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: Dec. 02 2005, 18:14

I noticed in Woodhenge (I don't know maybe everyone knows this already) that the guitar is really playing First Excursion extracts. And also in the intro to Punkadiddle the riff Mike plays at about 0:34 Mike later used for the beginning of Taurus 1 on QE2 the very next album.

Anyone see these before?

--------------
BrandonBlume.com
"The beauty in life is in the embracing of the variety of things. If all the world was blue there would be no colour blue."
Profile PM WEB 
Ugo Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Dec. 03 2005, 09:19

There's a very obvious example of an entire tune in Amarok (Roses) being reused on TSODE (Let there be light). And a melody from part 1 of Ommadawn is re-played at a much slower time (on bells) at the very end of the first section (the 64-guitar one) in part 2. There's a lot of other examples, but these are the only ones that pop into my mind right now. :)

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
Alan D Offline

Posted: Dec. 03 2005, 10:04

Quote (Ugo @ Dec. 03 2005, 14:19)
There's a very obvious example of an entire tune in Amarok (Roses) being reused on TSODE (Let there be light).

Not so very obvious, though. Took me fifteen years to hear it, and even then I heard it only after someone pointed it out to me, recently, and even then only after several attempts! Perhaps I'm the original cloth-eared nincompoop?
Profile PM 

Posted: Dec. 03 2005, 13:19

I heard TSODE first and it became my favourite album after not so long and then I heard Amarok and recognized it right away.

--------------
BrandonBlume.com
"The beauty in life is in the embracing of the variety of things. If all the world was blue there would be no colour blue."
Profile PM WEB 
arron11196 Offline

Posted: Dec. 03 2005, 14:43

Quote (Alan D @ Dec. 03 2005, 15:04)
Quote (Ugo @ Dec. 03 2005, 14:19)
There's a very obvious example of an entire tune in Amarok (Roses) being reused on TSODE (Let there be light).

Not so very obvious, though. Took me fifteen years to hear it, and even then I heard it only after someone pointed it out to me, recently, and even then only after several attempts! Perhaps I'm the original cloth-eared nincompoop?

It looks like it, Alan. Hang it on your shingle with pride.

...or not, depending on how you look at it.  ;)

--------------
Arron J Eagling

Everyone's interpretation is different, and everyone has a right to that opinion. There is no "right" one, I am adding this post to communicate my thoughts to share them with like-minded souls who will be able to comment in good nature.

(insert the last 5 mins of Crises here)
Profile PM 
Alan D Offline

Posted: Dec. 03 2005, 17:14

Quote (MusicallyInspired @ Dec. 03 2005, 18:19)
I heard TSODE first and it became my favourite album after not so long and then I heard Amarok and recognized it right away.

Yeah, but we all knew that YOU weren't a cloth-eared nincompoop, Brandon.
Profile PM 
Alan D Offline

Posted: Dec. 03 2005, 17:17

Quote (arron11196 @ Dec. 03 2005, 19:43)
Quote (Alan D @ Dec. 03 2005, 15:04)

Perhaps I'm the original cloth-eared nincompoop?

It looks like it, Alan.

Well of course I'm full of admiration for anybody who can hear anything in among all those wailing sirens, banging saucepans, clog dances, smashing glasses, and vacuum cleaners.  ;)
Profile PM 
stevenmd779 Offline

Posted: Dec. 03 2005, 17:30

The melody from Cochise is reused in Top of the Morning and either No Man's Land or Jewel in the Crown. I've never heard Platinum though.

--------------
"A people who would sacrifice liberty for security will lose both, and deserve neither." Ben Franklin

Boogs is fo' da chode man.
Profile PM 

Posted: Dec. 03 2005, 19:39

Cochise in Top of the Morning? I knew it was from Jewel In The Crown, but I hadn't noticed that. Or No Man's Land either. Which part, if I might ask?

--------------
BrandonBlume.com
Profile PM WEB 
stevenmd779 Offline

Posted: Dec. 03 2005, 23:50

It's like the synth part at the end of Top of the Morning. I couldn't remember if it sounded like Jewel in the Crown or No Man's Land, so I must just be Jewel in the Crown.

--------------
"A people who would sacrifice liberty for security will lose both, and deserve neither." Ben Franklin

Boogs is fo' da chode man.
Profile PM 
dM Flimp Offline

Posted: July 06 2006, 04:38

ya

--------------
Kraftwerk

Wir fahr'n fahr'n fahr'n auf der Autobahn.
Vor uns liegt ein weites Tal,
Die Sonne scheint mit Glitzerstrahl.
Profile PM 
10 replies since Dec. 02 2005, 18:14 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net