Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Some other gateways, can you get through them?< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Matt Offline

Group: Admins
Posted: Nov. 13 2002, 16:42

In playing around with MVR there are three gateways which I have come across which I have found no way to get through. Possibly they are just there from development work that was not completed or are ready for episode II but if anyone knows how to get through them I would love to know!

1) Space - when you go to the spaceship flying with the arrow and then head back to the planets, one of the planets has a gateway on top. I can't get close enough to try and go through it.

2) Moon world - when you go to the moon there is a gateway within one of the craters, I can get right up to it but can't go through it.

3) Volcano - as many people have pointed out, the game sometimes let you roam a bit more freely than I think was intended. If you (slowly) go to the volcano, there is a gateway at the bottom but it doesn't let you through. You can also see this if you look at the base of the volcano during the (slighty more intentional) flight from the island with the flying saucer.

Any thoughts on how to get through these other gateways would be appreciated!

This is my first post here. Love MVR and hope Mike, Colin et al keep the idea going.

Matt

--------------
"I say I say I say I say, what's got three bottles and five eyes and no legs and two wheels"
Profile PM 
a_r_schulz Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Nov. 13 2002, 19:50

1. Hint - The first gate is on top of the planet's ice cap - try with another avatar than the arrow. Admitted, hitting that gate then _is_ a hard job, but easier than to get the ring from the blue insect at the origin...
P.S.: not quite sure, but you may need one or two rings before you can use this gate.

2./3. The other gates seem to be really no-way, I'm afraid (but you never know, maybe they need even more rings...).

Andreas
Profile PM WEB 
The Thin Man Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Nov. 16 2002, 08:49

Try to get a close look at the gateway on the ice-cap of the blue, ringed planet.  You'll see something there that isn't at any of the other gateways!   :)  

The Thin Man
Profile PM 
2 replies since Nov. 13 2002, 16:42 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net