Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Solving the multimedia puzzle, Spoiler alert!< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Centaure Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Sep. 23 2005, 17:17

I would be glad if anybody could tell me clearly how to enter the spaceship on "The Songs of Distant Earth" CD-rom track; the one with the hand signs … I know you have to complete the Tubular Bells theme, it just won't work!!!! And I am using it on a Mac, anyway… Thanks a lot if anybody can help!

--------------
Have you seen the phantom in my dream? Be warned. Believe it.
Profile PM WEB 
The Thin Man Offline

Posted: Sep. 24 2005, 14:22

I can't remember the precise details, but the number of fingers showing in the row of hand signs indicates which finger to press on the large hand.  If there is one finger in the sign press the first finger, if two the second etc.  Repeat this for all the signs in sequence and you should break the code.

However, I'm not sure if the first position is the thumb or the next finger, but at least there aren't too many options to try.  Hope this helps.

The Thin Man
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Sep. 24 2005, 20:11

It's the fingers needed to play Tubular Bells on the piano (assuming you follow Mike's fingering, there's at least one other possibility). I guess that's only of use to you if you actually play the piano, of course...

Anyway, it starts on the thumb.
Profile PM 
Centaure Offline

Posted: Oct. 14 2005, 06:51

Quote (The Thin Man @ Sep. 24 2005, 14:22)
I can't remember the precise details, but the number of fingers showing in the row of hand signs indicates which finger to press on the large hand.  If there is one finger in the sign press the first finger, if two the second etc.  Repeat this for all the signs in sequence and you should break the code.

The first position is the thumb .

Yup, I just managed to open it !

I enjoyed the video a lot (is it a snapshot of Baywatch, in the beginning or what?), but not really the Hibernaculum bit....

Thanks a lot !

--------------
Have you seen the phantom in my dream? Be warned. Believe it.
Profile PM WEB 
The Thin Man Offline

Posted: Oct. 14 2005, 14:30

You're welcome.

TTM
Profile PM 
4 replies since Sep. 23 2005, 17:17 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net