Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (2) < 1 [2] >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Slipstream is a ripoff< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
oney Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Nov. 13 2005, 19:28

Mainly tangram but, there are plenty more people who visit this site and have very negative and erm HOSTILE views and reactions, hmmm what is preview post ? lol

Hopefully all the people that a unhappy with Mikes' latest piece shall be over coming emotion on the release of his next release, Just remember Mike is on this earth to use his God given gifts and music is one of them and he brings much joy with his gift's never fail to see that art is always on the move and sometimes it's not to our taste but, art it is and for one I love mike latest pice of art.
Profile PM 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: Nov. 13 2005, 21:40

Mike just got a riff from it and developed into another tune.Me also had a chance to play with stuff like that by creating in my mind music with some riffs from Amarok.

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
jonnyw Offline

Posted: Nov. 25 2005, 18:43

I love every album ive bought by mike  (TB1, TB2, TB3, ommadawn, crises, qe2, five miles out, voyager, guitars, Light and shade,) And i realy dont understand how people can be so closed minded as to call light and shade "crap". I went through the album as soon as i had bought it, i love his progression between genres, and i have really grown accustomed to all his styles.

Light and shade is a great peice of work, and i enjoyed every minute of it. so i recognise bits and pieces from Fruity loops and even the intro to "Tears of an angel" i can tell has a bit of sampling from Garageband on apple macs, so what? it sounds good, who is anyone to say that it is crap if they  cant ever come close to producing music more hertfelt and spritual that any of mikes music. Am I the only one to really enjoy light and shade?

-And dont anyone say its because im young, my favourite album is ommadawn, and i believe ive got an acquired taste in music, but even light and shade has Mike's touches which i can hear, and i wonder after reading this thread on light and shade if anyone else does.

--------------
Grand piano.
Reed and pipe organ.
Glockenspeil.
Bass guitar.
Vocal chords.
Two slightly sampled electric guitars.
The venitian effect.
Digital sound processor.
And Tubular bells.

Solo music - http://-terrapin-.bebo.com

Band music - http://www.rsimusic.com
Profile PM WEB 
oney Offline

Posted: Nov. 25 2005, 19:03

No your not the only one that enjoys light & shade. Just some people that can't or won't move 0n things need to develope otherwise they just wither and die. unless mike finds new streams we shall die of thirst in what today is a musical desert of boy and girl bands  or even worse crazy frogs how can such tat remain and continue to sell in this day and age. do people just want mike to go and play concerts doing all his old music or do they want to see his continued and strong growth ? and as he grows so does or musical taste and understandin ( well some of us,others shall remain in the past holding onto some silly ideal of what music mike should be producing)
we devour the art which mike lovingly and graciously produces for that Mike i am truly greatful.
Profile PM 
jonnyw Offline

Posted: Nov. 25 2005, 19:10

Oney, you speak only of the truth! thank you! Im glad im not alone, mike has made this piece of art and released it to the world to form their opinion, and i believe that he has poured his emotion into it, we should only respect that. he has progressed and it has taught me a valuable lesson to do so in my music. Maybe we should all learn from it.

--------------
Grand piano.
Reed and pipe organ.
Glockenspeil.
Bass guitar.
Vocal chords.
Two slightly sampled electric guitars.
The venitian effect.
Digital sound processor.
And Tubular bells.

Solo music - http://-terrapin-.bebo.com

Band music - http://www.rsimusic.com
Profile PM WEB 
24 replies since Sep. 26 2005, 14:07 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (2) < 1 [2] >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net