Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Sleve< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Jammer Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Aug. 28 2000, 19:58

I have the Disky version of FMO. I don't know what the other versions are like.

On the back of the insert there is a child's drawing of what looks like a bird. Who drew this and what is it supposed to be?

What else does the official Virgin CD sleve have that mine might not have?
Profile PM 
toMtOm Offline

Posted: Aug. 29 2000, 04:57

I know a difference, but between the CDs and LPs: on the backside of the LPs, in the left upper corner in the white part of the child's drawing you could read the lyric of Deep Deep Sound from Taurus II. It is very hard to notice 'cause the words are written in very light green on the white background. On the CDs this lyric disappeared...
Profile PM 
GMOVJ Offline

Posted: Sep. 04 2000, 10:16

And the main difference is there's no innersleeve, with all this notes on a recordtrack, and some nice pictures, two of the band, one of mike in front off a lot of instrument... I definitly must scan this sleeve to send it to Oliver... sorry, I'm so busy these days, that I didn't find time to unframe my vinyl and bring it at work to scan it... I try to do soon.
Cheers, GMOVJ

--------------
Cheers,
GMOVJ
[URL=http://tubular.fodplanet.com]http://tubular.fodplanet.com[/URL] - The french speaking mailing list
Profile PM WEB 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Sep. 17 2000, 18:11

Somebody did tell me who drew that once...I've got a feeling that it was Molly, but that's a bit of a guess...either that or some friend or relative...

The lyrics to 'The deep deep sound' have indeed disappeared from there, but on my version of the CD, they are alongside all the other lyrics, on the very last page...There's a black and white picture of Mike (obviously taken at a concert...there's a microphone and the headstock of his guitar visible). The lyrics to FMO are on this page...but just to the right, in dark grey print on the grainy light grey background, the lyrics to "the deep deep sound" are printed.
Profile PM 
0+1(I1) Offline

Posted: Mar. 27 2011, 03:57

there is allot more too be revealed, concealed here, but this is another race. I`ll lend U a hand on the MO
(mod us operandi)
or is it all coincidence I wonder, DO U?.
Need  help, on the one hand you can not put your finger on it ?, HELP maybe at HAND.

--------------
L◎ST ◎MMADAWN VERSI◎N RIDDLE ANSWER
 mIChaeI GOrDOn OIDfIeId.
=  I C   1  G◎D   OO ID I I
or replace the L's that were turned in to I's & 1 gets
ID◎L G◎LD ID◎L (4 ANSWER IN FULL + EXPLANATION, C ALBUM SECTION/☮MMADAWN/i-say-i-say-i-say-i-say-in-answer4XXX4Acr⊕ss
Profile PM 
nightspore Offline

Posted: Mar. 27 2011, 04:23

Quote (0 @ 1(I1)+Mar. 27 2011, 03:57)
there is allot more too be revealed, concealed here, but this is another race. I`ll lend U a hand on the MO
(mod us operandi)
or is it all coincidence I wonder, DO U?.
Need  help, on the one hand you can not put your finger on it ?, HELP maybe at HAND.

I'm sure 0+1(I1) means more than just this, but by "hand" he's referring to the drawing of the hand on the sleeve. The five fingers = 5; the contour of the landscape/dog is the "M", and the sun (cf. Ra, the sun god, whose thoughts the God Thoth turned into sound) is the "O". Given that "MO" is encoded into the album's title, Mike is particularly identifying himself with this record. There are also 5 pieces on the album; drawing on the similarity between the "1" and "I" ("I" = "me", personal identity), the first piece, "Taurus 2", arguably takes pride of place in the MO canon.

As I have said, much to Milamber's amusement, ever since I heard it :laugh:

No doubt we are to plunge "deeper" :O
Profile PM 
HR lover Offline

Posted: Mar. 27 2011, 06:15

Ooh

--------------
Neither a borrower nor a lender be,
For loan oft loses both itself and friend,
And borrowing dulls the edge of husbandry.
Profile PM 
nightspore Offline

Posted: Mar. 27 2011, 06:28

Quote (HR lover @ Mar. 27 2011, 06:15)
Ooh

:laugh:
Profile PM 
nightspore Offline

Posted: Mar. 27 2011, 08:26

Posting error
Profile PM 
0+1(I1) Offline

Posted: Mar. 27 2011, 18:16

NICELY deduced Nightspore,
                          OM RA.
   when it comes to nonsense, IT could well B,
    we will need the MaestrO to reveal his truth,
Come on M.O, input, pleeease !! put us out of our mystery.
 Or isITallAmindBender(IwasGoing2useA4letterWordHere).

--------------
L◎ST ◎MMADAWN VERSI◎N RIDDLE ANSWER
 mIChaeI GOrDOn OIDfIeId.
=  I C   1  G◎D   OO ID I I
or replace the L's that were turned in to I's & 1 gets
ID◎L G◎LD ID◎L (4 ANSWER IN FULL + EXPLANATION, C ALBUM SECTION/☮MMADAWN/i-say-i-say-i-say-i-say-in-answer4XXX4Acr⊕ss
Profile PM 
9 replies since Aug. 28 2000, 19:58 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net