Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Silhouette, Difference between studio and live< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Chicular Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Mar. 19 2008, 11:26

In the track Silhouette i was sure it was Mike Oldfield on his Guitar in the part near the end that leads in to Shabda, however on hearing the live version it sounds like a Harp.  Can anyone shed any light on this.  

To me it definitely sounds like Mike on the Classical Guitar on the studio version but maybe it's quite a hard piece to replicate live so Mike left it to the Harpist on the live version???
Profile PM 
Sweetpea Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Mar. 20 2008, 05:01

I had wondered if that was guitar or harp, myself. I'm really not that familiar with the qualities of a harp. I do absolutely love this piece, though, regardless of the mystery instrument.

--------------
"I'm no physicist, but technically couldn't Mike both be with the horse and be flying through space at the same time? (On account of the earth's orbit around the Sun and all that). So it seems he never had to make the choice after all. I bet he's kicking himself now." - clotty
Profile PM 
1 replies since Mar. 19 2008, 11:26 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net