Pages: (27) < ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Signed TB Ultimate Edition on sale< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Hifiguru Offline

Group: Members
Posted: May 22 2009, 12:32

Quote (Mix @ May 22 2009, 11:45)
Quote (leesonar @ May 22 2009, 14:56)
I know how you guys feel about this but the problem has been created by universal music not stamping down on this, some people have been bragging that they have brought 3 or more copies. People with 3 different internet addresses could probably have bought copies in excess of this. I agree this is pure greed. It should have been 1 copy per fan. :/

I am one of those who bought 2 copies, but not in the purpose of putting either of them on eBay or elsewhere for sale. I bought the "extra" copy for kind of insurance - knowing that very likely I won't be able to obtain another copy later on if I needed to. I will keep the other one unopened and store it separately.

Paranoia? Maybe.
Something to brag about? NO.
Greed? Certainly not.

I have to confess that I didn't even think about this issue about other true fans missing out, when I made my purchases. I must have been one of the very first ones to purchase the copies and at that point one couldn't predict that they would sell out so quickly, and that people here, checking email regularly as I did, would be left without one.

As I said, I didn't purchase my copies for resale. You won't see either of them on offer. I suppose that for most of the other "double-dippers" the reasoning is quite the same as mine. The reasoning of those who bought 3 or even more copies, I can't guess. Maybe some DID buy them for eBaying or they are even more paranoid than I am...

I bought 3 because one is reserved for friend and 2 goes to my collection because i usually like to keep unopened copies in my collection so i wont be ebaying them.

Also i wanted to make sure that i receive good box that is not damaged or missing something on it...i seen some other box sets so far that had partly wrong or incomplete stuff inside.

--------------
-TB Limited ultimate edition 2009 (still sealed)
-Hergest Ridge Limited 2010 #017
-Ommadawn Limited 2010 #065
-Incantations Limited 2011 #003
-Platinum Limited 2012 #316
-QE2 Limited 2012 #112
-Opening Ceremony London 2012 #61
-Five Miles Out 2013 Limited LP #116
-Crises 2013 Limited LP #259
Profile PM 
fragile Offline

Posted: May 22 2009, 13:00

Quote (Hifiguru @ May 22 2009, 12:32)
[quote=Mix,May 22 2009, 11:45].... like to keep unopened copies in my collection ....

tssstststststs...

$€$€$€
Profile PM 
manintherain Offline

Group: Members.
Posted: May 22 2009, 14:36

I am lucky enough to get a spare one from someone who bought two copies just to make sure he did get one at all- thanks to the Oldfield and tubular.net network and somebody special.

:)
Profile PM 
Blue Dolphin Offline

Posted: May 22 2009, 15:22

Maybe I should have asked somebody here to order a copy on behalf of me.....  :/

But keeping a spare copy unopened? I'm also very fond of my Oldfield collection (keeping it dust free, scratch free, some copies more than two etc.), but if I had this special box with a signature, one copy would be enough for me!

Can't I persuade somebody to buy it from him/her?

--------------
-The mark of a good musician is to play one note and mean it-

Mike Oldfield - 1980
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: May 22 2009, 16:41

I have two copies of most of my Mike Oldfield CDs. But they're all opened. I don't know why the heck I bought the double copies, but surely not for collection purposes. :) The only item I've left unopened is the TB picture disc I got from eil.com for 7 pounds. I didn't open it because I've got four different TB vinyl albums and the music on the picture disc is identical to the music on all the other albums. :D

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
Blue Dolphin Offline

Posted: May 22 2009, 17:18

Well, I'm also a sucker for re-releases... so I got all the old editions of the albums as well as the virgin re-releases etc. etc.

But I don't have double items for big boxes or special items, like rare singles. That would be expensive!

--------------
-The mark of a good musician is to play one note and mean it-

Mike Oldfield - 1980
Profile PM 
Hifiguru Offline

Posted: May 22 2009, 17:50

I have many sealed copies in my collection but in this case i had to get 2 because i also want to play and look inside...usually if i dont need to play at all, i keep my copy sealed (like MOTS cd, AIH vhs tapes, all 8-track tapes...that remains sealed)

anyway my wild guess is that there is been rich people that have ordered even 5 copies or even more...only time will show how many ending to ebay.

--------------
-TB Limited ultimate edition 2009 (still sealed)
-Hergest Ridge Limited 2010 #017
-Ommadawn Limited 2010 #065
-Incantations Limited 2011 #003
-Platinum Limited 2012 #316
-QE2 Limited 2012 #112
-Opening Ceremony London 2012 #61
-Five Miles Out 2013 Limited LP #116
-Crises 2013 Limited LP #259
Profile PM 
zaradeth Offline

Posted: May 23 2009, 07:55

Hi
Spanish Web : http://wiki.oldfield.es, update a fans list of the 500 signed ultimate edition.
At the moment, more than 40 fans are located .
You  can also complete  this list on this address : http://wiki.oldfield.es/Más_cosas
Cheers
Profile PM WEB 
yanouch65 Offline

Posted: May 23 2009, 08:37

the first link doesn't work.....

;)

--------------
Ray said : "it is a shame you don't play"

manintherain said: "You´d better ask Mr. Y who was first"

yanouch65 says: "I am in love with Scotland"
Profile PM 
rony Offline

Posted: May 23 2009, 08:40

Quote (yanouch65 @ May 23 2009, 08:37)
the first link doesn't work.....

;)

The second one does
Profile PM 
leesonar Offline

Posted: May 23 2009, 08:49

Is that the complete list, surely not only 46 buyers... :D
Profile PM 
yanouch65 Offline

Posted: May 23 2009, 08:55

Quote (leesonar @ May 23 2009, 14:49)
Is that the complete list, surely not only 46 buyers... :D

Wait for the German buyers....

;)

--------------

Profile PM 
leesonar Offline

Posted: May 23 2009, 09:08

Yes Mike has a big fan base in Germany and Spain...They haven't filled the number of copies ordered column in, this would give a better indication of how things have sold could be less than 200 buyers in reality.
Profile PM 
Unregistered

Posted: May 23 2009, 09:41

I can´t wait with the excitement I fell about the forthcoming TB release in 2013.
This will be the 40th. anniversary and TB repack 6000th release is due out the same year.
This ultimative complete ultimative final ultimative TB release, will not only have a new 40.1 mix of the TB, 1 plectra from MO himself, photos of one of Richard Bransons buggers, a small bag of navel-lint from MO´navel, but also a small sealed plastic-container containing happy thoughts from MO to all his fans.
This edition will come in very small and unique numbers - all signed by MO himself.

If you hurry and sign up now, YOU - YES YOU!  - can be one the lucky fans who are allowed to buy one of the only 40.000.000 signed records which will be released on the 13th day, in the 13th week, in the 13th month of year 2013 at 13.13 o´clock (GMT).
vvv.say-cheese.com
Black Bunik Offline

Posted: May 23 2009, 17:32

Quote (Ugo @ May 22 2009, 16:41)
I have two copies of most of my Mike Oldfield CDs. But they're all opened. I don't know why the heck I bought the double copies, but surely not for collection purposes. :) The only item I've left unopened is the TB picture disc I got from eil.com for 7 pounds. I didn't open it because I've got four different TB vinyl albums and the music on the picture disc is identical to the music on all the other albums. :D

Heh the music on the picture disk is not exactly the same. It's stereo version of the quad mix if I am correct. It really sounds differently.  :p
Profile PM 
Automorph Offline

Posted: May 23 2009, 17:40

Quote (manintherain @ May 22 2009, 14:36)
I am lucky enough to get a spare one from someone who bought two copies just to make sure he did get one at all- thanks to the Oldfield and tubular.net network and somebody special.

:)

Despite being a fan of Mike's from the earliest time (for example I was at the Exposed gig) and despite subscribing to the news updates, I only got an email notification of the signed Ultimate set too late for any to be left.  I also realise a big mistake was not to have been registered on this wonderful forum.

So, sadly my first newbie posting here is to echo one or two others and make a rather plaintive request for any kind soul out there who has multiple signed copies to think if they'd like to sell me a spare copy. Please. Pretty please.

Cheers
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: May 23 2009, 18:14

Quote (Black Bunik @ May 23 2009, 23:32)
Heh the music on the picture disk is not exactly the same. It's stereo version of the quad mix if I am correct. It really sounds differently.  :p

You're right, I forgot. :) However, the stereo 'reduction' of the quad mix sounds just like that - stereo :D - so with no noticeable difference from the standard mix. Maybe the only thing that's really different is the "Reed & Pipe Organ", which sounds like a toy organ in this mix (the one on the picture disc)  - that part was was re-recorded for the Boxed remix and to me it's not at all an improvement over the original. :p. Some of the voices at the ending of Part 1 were also re-recorded, but to my (cloth?) ears they don't sound different at all from the 1973 standard mix. :)

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
Ray Offline

Posted: May 23 2009, 19:54

I'l sell you a copy that comes with a 1973 Zemantis Acoustic Bass , with the Letter MGO on the head stock and MO Kent 1973 inside the body.  A 1961 Martin (from Guitars) and a 1957 Gibson TV from Ommadawn.

But I doubt anyone could afford it....!! :D  :D

Ray

No Mr Y not even you..... :/  - although I may consider swapping for a 42ft yacht.

--------------
Looking out over the harbour in Peel.......
Profile PM 
christopher Offline

Posted: May 24 2009, 01:17

This is a question for KORGSCREW.

Is Universal planning to release all this TB stuff in America?  Or are we once again forgotten? Of course, America usually is when it comes to having good taste in music!  

As an FYI to all who live in the States... You can order the Ultimate TB.  Playing the DVD should be no problem with a little jiggery-pockery!  Search the internet for your model of DVD player and a crack for it.  I found one for mine years ago and have been buying all my DVDs from Amazon.co.uk.  Mostly Doctor Who.  My DVD player is a cheap little piece of shit from Target.  It's the cheapest they make... about 30 dollars and it is region free! :)  It plays PAL/NTSC.  

Thank you for letting me know Korgscrew. :)
Profile PM 
yanouch65 Offline

Posted: May 24 2009, 02:52

Quote (Ray @ May 24 2009, 01:54)
I'l sell you a copy that comes with a 1973 Zemantis Acoustic Bass , with the Letter MGO on the head stock and MO Kent 1973 inside the body.  A 1961 Martin (from Guitars) and a 1957 Gibson TV from Ommadawn.

But I doubt anyone could afford it....!! :D  :D

Ray

No Mr Y not even you..... :/  - although I may consider swapping for a 42ft yacht.

Dear Mr R.

Come here and we'll speaking about the price of that all.
You know the road....

:D

--------------

Profile PM 
522 replies since May 15 2009, 17:08 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (27) < ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net