Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (27) < ... 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Signed TB Ultimate Edition on sale< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Hifiguru Offline

Group: Members
Posted: June 23 2009, 20:33

Listened my vinyl once....it plays quite ok..some pops there and there and needle "jumped" once.

i dunno i dont listen vinyls much so i dont mind...my turntable is bought new last year and played maybe 20 vinyls total (pro-ject debut 3) and its adjusted correctly.

--------------
-TB Limited ultimate edition 2009 (still sealed)
-Hergest Ridge Limited 2010 #017
-Ommadawn Limited 2010 #065
-Incantations Limited 2011 #003
-Platinum Limited 2012 #316
-QE2 Limited 2012 #112
-Opening Ceremony London 2012 #61
-Five Miles Out 2013 Limited LP #116
-Crises 2013 Limited LP #259
Profile PM 
crises1980 Offline

Posted: June 23 2009, 21:05

Quote (Korgscrew @ June 23 2009, 17:47)
Quote (Reena @ June 23 2009, 20:12)
@ Korgscrew : have you had any further info on the whole situation ?

The last email I got about it simply said "we are dealing with this now" - I'd been asking if someone in London would mind being put in touch with the person at Universal Spain who some of the guys from Taurus IV have been dealing with. That was the second one-sentence email I've had about it, so I hope they're concentrating their attention on solving the problem instead...

Still, it's looking more and more serious by the day. I think we're going to have to take a look at how we can tackle these issues as a website, beyond just passing on details to Universal.

The vinyl in my set also had fingerprints/wipe marks on it. It sounded ok when I played it, but it should never have been handled on the surface. I also thought the packing was pretty bad, the design of box meant that any serious strain was being put on the contents (the Ultimate Edition box) rather than being taken by the outer packaging. Luckily the contents were just about ok, but I can easily see how they've got more seriously damaged in other cases. I also noted similar problems to what Olivier mentioned with the inner sleeve - nothing huge, but it's less than perfect. I'm sure there's probably going to be a whole spectrum, from being absolutely perfect to having quite serious defects...and the same with delivery, some have clearly arrived fairly promptly, while others are who knows where...
I think the problem is not that, for example, the fingerprints on the vinyl really affect it, it's that it's a premium priced product and they should be offering premium-level service. Half the point of a boxed set isn't the music that's included or the contents of the book, it's the way that it's presented. They could fit all the music onto a couple DVD-Rs and put the book in as PDFs to print out yourself if presentation isn't important...I think in general, the Ultimate Edition's a nice idea, but it's really fallen short on the details.

After much consideration and reading experiences posted here, on MikeOldfieldBlog and both Taurus IV and Amarok mailing lists... the facts seem to point at a wrong delivery of Ultimate Signed boxes to Amazon.

I don't know who handled this. Is it Loud Clothing the ones that are keeping the whole stuff and delivering to other sellers? Whoever that kept Ultimate Signed and Regular boxes sent an uncertain lot to Amazon. Then, at Amazon, some people who had ordered regular Ultimate boxes got Signed ones. That means for every unexpected Signed Ultimate box delivered by Amazon... someone who ordered at Loud Clothing missed it. How many lots of Signed boxes went to Amazon? I think the number is equal to those that have not received yet their orders.

That may explain why they run ot of stock of such PRICY and VALUABLE goods. Do not forget that we all who ordered via Loud Clothing PAID EXTRA MONEY for our boxes. Anywhere else they're cheaper. You can even get Ultimate boxes in Spain for 30€!!! (b3g1f)

Then, we all get that message from Official Mailing List telling us to buy new Tubular Bells for our fathers and linking us to... AMAZON! The link on the message was NOT to OFFICIAL stores, that is Loud Clothing.

After many pressures from massive complaining mails, now Loud Clothing say that POSSIBLY boxes will be sent in THREE WEEKS. That means that people POSSIBLY will receive them in ONE MONTH, at the end of JULY. Outrageous.

This issue is being discussed too at www.mike-oldfield.es (POST)
Profile PM 
HRFanUSA Offline

Posted: June 24 2009, 07:42

Quote (Korgscrew @ June 23 2009, 17:47)
[quote=Reena,June 23 2009, 20:12]@ Korgscrew :
The vinyl in my set also had fingerprints/wipe marks on it. It sounded ok when I played it, but it should never have been handled on the surface. I also thought the packing was pretty bad, the design of box meant that any serious strain was being put on the contents (the Ultimate Edition box) rather than being taken by the outer packaging. Luckily the contents were just about ok, but I can easily see how they've got more seriously damaged in other cases. I also noted similar problems to what Olivier mentioned with the inner sleeve - nothing huge, but it's less than perfect. I'm sure there's probably going to be a whole spectrum, from being absolutely perfect to having quite serious defects...and the same with delivery, some have clearly arrived fairly promptly, while others are who knows where...
I think the problem is not that, for example, the fingerprints on the vinyl really affect it, it's that it's a premium priced product and they should be offering premium-level service. Half the point of a boxed set isn't the music that's included or the contents of the book, it's the way that it's presented.

Hi all,

I agree with Korgscrew on this continuing issue. My vinyl also has fingerprints and one corner of the LP cover is smashed, as is one corner of the outside box. The shipping cardboard I received was basically a "wrap-around" flimsy affair that did little to protect the contents while in transit. There's also a tear in the LP cover underneath where the plectrum card slide in - not caused by shipping! Overall, I'm very disappointed with my purchase and I emailed Loud Clothing, with no response. I would be a bit happier with maybe a partial refund but I don't think that's going to happen. The entire experience with this Ultimate Edition has been quite less than "fun" or rewarding so I have serious doubts over purchasing any of the future releases by Universal, except maybe through Amazon, who genuinely seem to care about their customers. Presentation is everything IMHO, especially for lots of fans who already have most of the music items in the UE Box set. I do hope that Mike is reading some of our comments posted here about the quality issues, though there's probably little he can do.
Profile PM 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: June 24 2009, 08:05

Quote (crises1980 @ June 23 2009, 22:05)
After much consideration and reading experiences posted here, on MikeOldfieldBlog and both Taurus IV and Amarok mailing lists... the facts seem to point at a wrong delivery of Ultimate Signed boxes to Amazon.

I don't know who handled this. Is it Loud Clothing the ones that are keeping the whole stuff and delivering to other sellers? Whoever that kept Ultimate Signed and Regular boxes sent an uncertain lot to Amazon. Then, at Amazon, some people who had ordered regular Ultimate boxes got Signed ones. That means for every unexpected Signed Ultimate box delivered by Amazon... someone who ordered at Loud Clothing missed it. How many lots of Signed boxes went to Amazon? I think the number is equal to those that have not received yet their orders.

That may explain why they run ot of stock of such PRICY and VALUABLE goods. Do not forget that we all who ordered via Loud Clothing PAID EXTRA MONEY for our boxes. Anywhere else they're cheaper. You can even get Ultimate boxes in Spain for 30€!!! (b3g1f)

Then, we all get that message from Official Mailing List telling us to buy new Tubular Bells for our fathers and linking us to... AMAZON! The link on the message was NOT to OFFICIAL stores, that is Loud Clothing.

After many pressures from massive complaining mails, now Loud Clothing say that POSSIBLY boxes will be sent in THREE WEEKS. That means that people POSSIBLY will receive them in ONE MONTH, at the end of JULY. Outrageous.

This issue is being discussed too at www.mike-oldfield.es (POST)

I've just wrote a long email to Bandstores about the subject,I won't give up until I have my signed box...

To whom it may concern,

Regarding the signed Tubular Bells Ultimate Edition I've bought from you,just a few comments on the subject,just to let you know:

1.About the supply problem that you've told me on an email sent yesterday,there are a few fans who did recieve a signed copy not from your store,but from Amazon.co.uk,and they even paid about £20 less for the very same product I'm still waiting to recieve at  home. This information was provided by a few Tubular.net( http://tubular.net) members on the topic regarding the Signed Tubular Bells Ultimate Edition here:

http://tubular.net/forums....;st=220

as well as also on the Amarok Mailing List,where a few subscribers did post about getting a signed copy "by accident" from Amazon.co.uk.

It's quite intriguing that it did happen,since you've proclaimed that the only way to buy the Signed Tubular Bells Ultimate Edition is only at  http://www.bandstores.co.uk/shop/tubularbells/index.php and
nothing more ! And they've got it for about £20(including shippment) less than the price offered on your website!

2.The difference between the Signed Tubular Bells Ultimate Edition and the non-signed is just a Certificate of Authenticity signed by Mike Oldfield and with a number between 1-500,since the Signed Tubular Bells Ultimate Edition is a limited edition of only 500 copies.

If this 3-week period that is necessary to have the exact number of Signed Tubular Bells Ultimate Editions that haven't been sent to many people(including myself) is to wait for Mr. Mike Oldfield to sign more Certificates of Authenticity,this would lead a break up of contract,since that it would exist more than 500 Certificates of Authencity in the world,and there is also a big chance to have 2 people with the very Certificate number,which also indicates a break up on the contract of purchasing one of the 500-limited signed Tubular
Bells Ultimate Edition.

To be fair with those who are still waiting for their Signed Tubular Bells Ultimate Version like myself and not leading to have more than 500 Certificates of Authenticity or even double Certificates(2 people with the very same certificate number),is to send the 60-page booklet to Mike Oldfield and ask him to give a personalised autograph including the owner's name on it rather than asking him to sign more
certificates that would configure a breaking of the contract I have with you to purchase a Signed Tubular Bells Ultimate Edition.

Not only a personalised autograph,but also a fast shippment as soon as you have the the signed boxes back in stock + the Tubular Bells t-shirt that you've offered me as a way of apology for such a huge delay in shipping my Signed Tubular Bells Ultimate Edition.

Please keep me informed on everything regarding my order status.

This has become a serious issue and includes people from different parts of the world involved.We need a decent and fair solution on this case.

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 

Posted: June 24 2009, 10:41

Another person who's selling the box on eBay - thanks to Yannick on MikeOldfieldBlog.com:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Mike-Ol....568QQcm

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
Hifiguru Offline

Posted: June 24 2009, 13:48

theres currently 3 active and 2 ended signed boxes in ebay so 5 is sold so far there.

--------------
-TB Limited ultimate edition 2009 (still sealed)
-Hergest Ridge Limited 2010 #017
-Ommadawn Limited 2010 #065
-Incantations Limited 2011 #003
-Platinum Limited 2012 #316
-QE2 Limited 2012 #112
-Opening Ceremony London 2012 #61
-Five Miles Out 2013 Limited LP #116
-Crises 2013 Limited LP #259
Profile PM 

Posted: June 24 2009, 14:17

For those who haven't recieved their signed boxes,here's a small poll on the subject:
http://www.doodle.com/fqana5zvxcsxdwwq

--------------

Profile PM WEB 
tubular_trekkie Offline

Posted: June 24 2009, 14:51

This whole saga with bandstores is completely outrageous IMO.  I might have got lucky in actually getting a signed set in excellent condition, but I do feel aggrieved about how much it cost considering that some people payed a lot less and still got a signed set from Amazon.

I also very much stand in solidarity with all the other fans on this site who have experienced numerous problems with their orders. Unreasonable delays, high delivery charges, poor packaging and damaged items - some even bordering on being 'second hand' are all entirely unacceptable. This latest development regarding a THREE WEEK delay for those of you still waiting just beggars belief  :(  I really hope those of you being treated in this manner get (a) a personally dedicated signature from Mike and (b) a substantial part of the cost refunded. Nothing less will be even adequate!

Just to demostrate how clueless and shoddy bandstores customer service is, I thought I'd reproduce the email they've only just sent me regarding my original concerns about the delay:

Hi

Sorry for the delay in replying to your message. Your Ultimate Edition was signed for by S **** on the 11th of June at 12.00.
If you have any problems let me know.

Regards
Bandstores

Yes, they sent me an email to tell me I'd already received (and signed for) my set on the 11th of June. Very helpful, I'm sure  :O
Of course they didn't bother to respond to my queries about the signed sets going to Amazon (by mistake?). Utterly useless  :/

--------------
"The concept of progress acts as a protective mechanism to shield us from the terrors of the future."

- from 'Collected Sayings of Muad'Dib' by the Princess Irulan
Profile PM 
captainjjb Offline

Posted: June 24 2009, 17:43

jeez, reading this I'm really sorry for everyone who is having so much trouble-up-mill.  best thing is to listen to the old original  version of TB and sod all this "ultimate" nonsense, just enjoy.
Profile PM 

Posted: June 24 2009, 19:20

One member of the Amarok list got this reply from Bandstores about the delay:

"Sorry for the delay in replying to your message. Your Ultimate Edition was shipped on the 17th June and should have arrived within 72 hours.

We were told that we would be the only shop selling them, however we cannot do anything if the merch team for Mike Oldfield decide to give some to Amazon, it is completley out of our hands.

Hope you are now happy with your order.
If you have any other questions please let me know."

Merch team for Mike Oldfield,never heard a word about it...and if it was their intention to get a few copies for
competition or or other some other stuff,they should have told anyone before putting the box to be sold!

This excuse is so stupid to me...it doesn't mean anything!

Gosh,we need a light on this case(Korgie?)

--------------

Profile PM WEB 
crises1980 Offline

Posted: June 24 2009, 20:31

Quote (Tati The Sentinel @ June 24 2009, 19:20)
One member of the Amarok list got this reply from Bandstores about the delay:

"Sorry for the delay in replying to your message. Your Ultimate Edition was shipped on the 17th June and should have arrived within 72 hours.

We were told that we would be the only shop selling them, however we cannot do anything if the merch team for Mike Oldfield decide to give some to Amazon, it is completley out of our hands.

Hope you are now happy with your order.
If you have any other questions please let me know."

Merch team for Mike Oldfield,never heard a word about it...and if it was their intention to get a few copies for
competition or or other some other stuff,they should have told anyone before putting the box to be sold!

This excuse is so stupid to me...it doesn't mean anything!

Gosh,we need a light on this case(Korgie?)

But it doesn't make any sense.

FINALLY, we have now confirmation of what we suspected: that some copies were sent to Amazon. This point was never oficially confirmed.

Now, the decision of sending Signed Ultimates to Amazon is what doesn't make any sense: buyers received Signed copies UNEXPECTEDLY. There was no competition AFAIK.

So, if copies were provided to Amazon it makes A COMPLETE FAIL of the terms of the purchase contract: it was MISLEADING PUBLICITY, as Loud Clothing was announced as the ONLY seller of such edition. Besides, 450 copies were told to be provided but they RUN-OUT OF STOCK before. That means they sold an amount of copies they didn't actually have in stock.

If "merch team for Mike Oldfield decide to give some to Amazon" and that's the reason why they run-out of stock... where all the yet-to-be-delivered-boxes will come from?

BTW, regarding swindles... check Amazon.com "exclusive" TB2009 Ultimate Edition...
http://www.amazon.com/Tubular....26RCAIA

170$ !!!!!!!!!!!
plus shipping costs

= 121€ = 103£
:O
Profile PM 
Bassman Offline

Posted: June 24 2009, 20:44

Sorry to sound like I'm wielding the 2x4's here, but this is exactly why online shopping will never be a replacement for actually walking into a shop and picking something out with our own 2 hands.

My sympathies to those who got bitten on the fanny in all this furor.  Not a good situation.

Caveat emptor.

--------------
Turn up the music... Hi as Fi can go.
Profile PM 

Posted: June 24 2009, 21:12

Quote (crises1980 @ June 24 2009, 21:31)
Now, the decision of sending Signed Ultimates to Amazon is what doesn't make any sense: buyers received Signed copies UNEXPECTEDLY. There was no competition AFAIK.

The only competition I know that will give the winner a signed Ultimate Edition was mentioned here:

http://tubular.net/forums....&t=9101

Quote (crises1980 @ June 24 2009, 21:31)
So, if copies were provided to Amazon it makes A COMPLETE FAIL of the terms of the purchase contract: it was MISLEADING PUBLICITY, as Loud Clothing was announced as the ONLY seller of such edition. Besides, 450 copies were told to be provided but they RUN-OUT OF STOCK before. That means they sold an amount of copies they didn't actually have in stock.

If "merch team for Mike Oldfield decide to give some to Amazon" and that's the reason why they run-out of stock... where all the yet-to-be-delivered-boxes will come from?

That's why is important for those who haven't recieved their signed boxes to unite and make a difference on this case,pity that I'm still alone on that.

--------------

Profile PM WEB 
Reena Offline

Posted: June 25 2009, 03:10

Tati, I don't mind to unite, the more the better.

What exactly do you propose, and by this I mean to ask how should we handle this in your opinion ?

I saw your action towards Bandstores / Loudclothing, and I agree with your statements ( although I am not sure if there are any legal grounds on which we can base them... ).

But in Holland we say "If you don't shoot, you will always miss the target..." so lets go for it.

:cool:
Profile PM 
tubular_trekkie Offline

Posted: June 25 2009, 06:35

Whilst all the folks who are still waiting for their signed sets MUST be the top priority, I think everyone who has ordered a signed UE from bandstores should get together to complain about this situation. Whatever solution is now found for the 'missing sets' issue, I'd say we're looking at a breach of contract here and that affects all the folks who have ordered these sets from bandstores. (And I know this is merely anecdotal, but the majority of people on this site do seem to have experienced problems with their order - even if they've actually got a signed set as promised.)

I'm wondering whether some sort of petition/customer complaints list can be drawn up which people could put their name to?  I'm guessing it might need to be multi-lingual to include everyone involved...?  (BTW, I popped over to mike-oldfield.es, but as I don't actually speak Spanish it was a bit of a struggle lol!!;) )

--------------
"The concept of progress acts as a protective mechanism to shield us from the terrors of the future."

Profile PM 

Posted: June 25 2009, 08:29

Quote (tubular_trekkie @ June 25 2009, 07:35)
Whilst all the folks who are still waiting for their signed sets MUST be the top priority, I think everyone who has ordered a signed UE from bandstores should get together to complain about this situation. Whatever solution is now found for the 'missing sets' issue, I'd say we're looking at a breach of contract here and that affects all the folks who have ordered these sets from bandstores. (And I know this is merely anecdotal, but the majority of people on this site do seem to have experienced problems with their order - even if they've actually got a signed set as promised.)

I'm wondering whether some sort of petition/customer complaints list can be drawn up which people could put their name to?  I'm guessing it might need to be multi-lingual to include everyone involved...?  (BTW, I popped over to mike-oldfield.es, but as I don't actually speak Spanish it was a bit of a struggle lol!!;) )

Another member (jrsquoonk) of the Amarok list shares the same opinion that everyone who has bought the sets from Bandstores should have been included:

You might want to include everyone who ordered the set in this case.  The contract was violated for everyone who ordered the signed edition.  The more people you have in the group, the stronger your position is.

When I wrote that email to Bandstores,I remembered everything that bothers me on the whole story,and how to compensate the long wait that me and other fans around the world.Free merchandaise is only one form to compensate the long wait,but IMHO,I personally think that we deserve more.

If Mike is currently signing more certificates to supply part of the stock that the merch team designed to do whatever they wanted to do - like sending a few copies to Amazon.co.uk,I understand there's a break on the contract,since there'll be 500 + x signed copies.

To tell the truth,I think that this signed Ultimate Edition lacked a lot of things that would have lead to become a distintive product for those who own it.A few comments on that:

-like I've said before,the difference between the signed and the non-signed is just the signed certificate; both boxes do even share the same serial number!

-there wasn't any type of special goodies that you can only find on the signed Ultimate Edition.

I'm also in contact with the spaniards,I can read and understand Spanish and they're are also having many difficulties like many of you,including even transaction problems,one had his box returned back to England...

If we unite,we will need help from our fellow UK members,to wrote some sort of petition/customer complaints based on the laws of the UK regarding buying a product from a UK-based and registred store. Each country has its own laws,and things work quite different from one country to another.Here is Brazil we have a place where my consumer's rights are protected and in situations like that they can work together with me to find a solution.

It can take a long time,but I'm sure it will be worthwhile to fight for our rights.

--------------

Profile PM WEB 
tubular_trekkie Offline

Posted: June 25 2009, 15:38

Entirely agree with all of that Tati. Trying to find a solution to this mess that is fair and equitable for everyone who ordered one of these sets in good faith is going to be difficult. And not least because the original idea of a limited edition of 500 copies will presumably have to be modified in some way - and how to do that without a lot of folks feeling cheated won't be easy!!

I see tubular.net and Korgscrew have taken on the responsibility of organising the complaints.  Top notch  :)

As a side note:
I know this isn't Mike's fault (or even his responsibility in fact), but if he does perchance happen to see anything about this debacle on here I would hope that he cared enough to maybe let some people know that it isn't acceptable. Probably a forlorn hope though, as he probably has better things to do with his time  ;)

--------------

Profile PM 
wiga Offline

Posted: June 25 2009, 15:55

Damn right, Mike Oldfield should get involved. It's his business, he's benefitting financially and he's responsible.

I'm surprised he's not intervened before now to make this right, and at least offer some reassurance to those affected.

It's also his business (and responsibility) to know what''s going on.

--------------
Barn's burnt down - now I can see the moon.
Profile PM 
conny_a Offline

Posted: June 25 2009, 15:58

First, I feel sorry for all of you waiting for the package or problems with unsigned boxes. I hope all will be sorted out.

I can agree to some of the complaints, but in general, the edition is really great. I must say that I have never heard the original stereo mix sound as excellent as on the new vinyl. Even if there are some fingerprints and surface marks - I would not want to miss this release. Well done!

The new mix is pretty good, but I can't say which one I prefer yet - the original or the new.

The book is excellent too, with heavyweight paper and nice photos.

The CD:s and DVD are ok - I will probably play them once in a while. And parts of Mikes demos are better than TB itself ...  :)

The other stuff in the package are neat - nice to have - but not essential. Well, except for the certificate of course - the crown jewel!
Profile PM 
maccafan Offline

Posted: June 25 2009, 18:06

Have been reading these messages with mixed feelings, as I belive I was the 1st message on here about getting an unexpected signed edition from Amazon UK, when I was fully  expecting unsigned version.

Am happy to have one, but upset that those of you not getting correct order from official site or have not received anything.

My box set is in near perfect shape, the vinyl is perfect black, not played yet as nothing to play it on & only slid out of the cover to check for finger prints etc.

Only problem is the sticker on the back of the box which covers the whole of the back of the box and hoes over the slight indent of the side of the box which is thier to aid getting the book & discs out is already beggining to look a bit worse, surely they could have shaped it around this indent to prevent this.

On the subject of the book, I agree that the pages are the thickest I have ever seen in a book.

Overall on reflection I am not as happy about the overall set as was and agree that MO should get involved.

Marcus
Profile PM 
522 replies since May 15 2009, 17:08 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (27) < ... 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net