Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (27) < ... 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Signed TB Ultimate Edition on sale< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Ugo Offline

Group: Members
Posted: June 21 2009, 08:19

@ Yanouch: here. But I'd advise you not to buy it... apparently it sounds like shit... :p

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
Blue Dolphin Offline

Posted: June 21 2009, 14:00

I bought it at my local media store, which sells vinyl records.

And yes, if you're not a die hard collector like me, don't buy this! ;)

--------------
-The mark of a good musician is to play one note and mean it-

Mike Oldfield - 1980
Profile PM 
yanouch65 Offline

Posted: June 21 2009, 14:50

Quote (Blue Dolphin @ June 21 2009, 20:00)
I bought it at my local media store, which sells vinyl records.

And yes, if you're not a die hard collector like me, don't buy this! ;)

I am afaid I am like you!
:D

--------------
Ray said : "it is a shame you don't play"

manintherain said: "You´d better ask Mr. Y who was first"

yanouch65 says: "I am in love with Scotland"
Profile PM 
Hifiguru Offline

Posted: June 22 2009, 11:34

First signed ended to 131 GBP in ebay...was actually less what i expected so its not yet so wanted i see...maybe in couple years it will be more.

--------------
-TB Limited ultimate edition 2009 (still sealed)
-Hergest Ridge Limited 2010 #017
-Ommadawn Limited 2010 #065
-Incantations Limited 2011 #003
-Platinum Limited 2012 #316
-QE2 Limited 2012 #112
-Opening Ceremony London 2012 #61
-Five Miles Out 2013 Limited LP #116
-Crises 2013 Limited LP #259
Profile PM 
yanouch65 Offline

Posted: June 22 2009, 11:48

Quote (Hifiguru @ June 22 2009, 17:34)
First signed ended to 131 GBP in ebay...was actually less what i expected so its not yet so wanted i see...maybe in couple years it will be more.

Of course!

The seller wanted to win money to fast!
It would have been  better to wait a couple fo years before selling it...I think!

Anyway....it was a mistake to sell several copies to the same person. Some of the fans have not received their copy yet and some of the others are selling theirs to make money!

What about the fans who will never have a copy?

:/

--------------
Ray said : "it is a shame you don't play"

manintherain said: "You´d better ask Mr. Y who was first"

yanouch65 says: "I am in love with Scotland"
Profile PM 
Olly Offline

Posted: June 23 2009, 03:32

Finally I got my signed UE nro 323.Vinyl has a fingerprint or two,but sounds great and so does the 2009 mix cd. The whole package is truly fantastic!  :)  :)  :)
Profile PM 
Matt Offline

Group: Admins
Posted: June 23 2009, 05:37

Quote (yanouch65 @ June 22 2009, 16:48)
What about the fans who will never have a copy?

Unless I am missing something the only difference between the ultimate edition currently available in online stores to everyone and the 500 limited copies is a signed/numbered piece of paper. The rest of the package is identical - nothing else is signed or individualised - so all people have missed out on is the bit of paper. Now while I am very happy with my signed bit of paper I don't think I would have been too aggrieved if I had had to buy the copy without it. If the limited edition had included something else (demos or whatever) not available elsewhere I would probably have been a bit more annoyed with the ebay sellers mind you.

--------------
"I say I say I say I say, what's got three bottles and five eyes and no legs and two wheels"
Profile PM 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: June 23 2009, 08:56

I'm curious to know what Bandstores is trying to do regarding all the signed copies that went to Amazon by mistake,how to deal with a considerable mass of fans who are still waiting for it...of course you're not going to ask those who got by accident their copies back,but at least,we deserve a decent solution to our case.

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
Reena Offline

Posted: June 23 2009, 13:26

Just returned from my holidays in Italy, while I was there I sometimes checked the forum and read about the problems...

The fear that grew on me then has now become truth... No sign of my ordered signed copy here in Amersfoort, The Netherlands. Sent a complaintmail to that organisation that is supposed to sent the stuff, but still had no answer...

Can anyone tell me if it is going to be solved, and what your experiences are with the problemsolving by Loudclothing ? Because my creditcard has been charged for the order of the signed copy, and a t-shirt as well...   :(
Profile PM 
Burning Fish Offline

Posted: June 23 2009, 13:38

Quote (Reena @ June 23 2009, 19:26)
Just returned from my holidays in Italy, while I was there I sometimes checked the forum and read about the problems...

The fear that grew on me then has now become truth... No sign of my ordered signed copy here in Amersfoort, The Netherlands. Sent a complaintmail to that organisation that is supposed to sent the stuff, but still had no answer...

Can anyone tell me if it is going to be solved, and what your experiences are with the problemsolving by Loudclothing ? Because my creditcard has been charged for the order of the signed copy, and a t-shirt as well...   :(

I'm in the exact same situation here in Drunen (also Netherlands). Status still says "Pre-order - Awaiting Dispatch" and no response on the two e-mails I sent them.

--------------
"Lemon curry?"
Profile PM WEB 
Nacho Offline

Posted: June 23 2009, 14:35

Elf wrote in the Amarok Mailing List the message Bandstore has sent to him, it's a shame!!!
-----------------------------------------------------
Dear Customer

We are writing to apologise for the delay in shipping your order of one of the Signed Tubular Bells Ultimate Edition sets and to inform you what is happening.

We are very sorry to tell you that we have not sent out your order yet. Due to supply problems there will be a further delay of possibly
3 weeks from now to send out your order.

We know how important your order is and please be assured that we are doing everything we can to speed up the process.

In the unlikely event that you want to cancel you order can you please contact customer services by using the phone numbers and emails on the link below, and we will of course arrange a full refund.

http://www.bandstores.co.uk/shop/tubularbells/contactloud.php

By way of apology we will be sending you a Tubular Bells t-shirt as a gesture of goodwill. This will arrive separately to your Ultimate Edition box set.

Thank you for your understanding.

The Bandstores Team
Profile PM 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: June 23 2009, 15:46

Quote (Nacho @ June 23 2009, 15:35)
Elf wrote in the Amarok Mailing List the message Bandstore has sent to him, it's a shame!!!

I got the very same message,and I was expecting more really.

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
Reena Offline

Posted: June 23 2009, 16:12

Guess what ? About two hours ago I got the same message...

@ Korgscrew : have you had any further info on the whole situation ?

I think the people at Bandstores / Loudclothing ( or whatever it is that the company is calling themselves... ) have a huge problem with Amazon that somehow managed to get signed copies, and they really don't have a clue how to solve it.
So now they seem to be thinking "Let's try make these people cancel their orders, and if we can delay everything long enough they will get of our backs in the end.
Well, I for one do not intend to back off....
Profile PM 
Burning Fish Offline

Posted: June 23 2009, 16:37

Same message here. If I knew this, I would've ordered a "regular" Ultimate Edition. Such a waste...

--------------
"Lemon curry?"
Profile PM WEB 
Olivier Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: June 23 2009, 16:57

I didn't want to complain too much, but I feel more free to do it now, maybe it will help you feel a bit better too. So I got my more expensive than Amazon signed edition but it arrived with multiple contusions. The worst is the inner sleeve (so this is not due to transport) slightly teared off on the crest. I'm actually seriously contemplating damaging more and trying to "ungloss" it (too bright to my taste), well doing what they do to blue jeans basically. I could perhaps use the vinyl to scratch it. Outside box is either damaged or not jointed properly in one of the corner, and the crest is slightly bent at some places (this is very usual though and was expected). The vinyl looks used, although the vinyl soft sleeve is impeccable. Maybe I got a demo set.

Great ideas, poor execution.
Profile PM 
Blue Dolphin Offline

Posted: June 23 2009, 17:15

Quote (Burning Fish @ June 23 2009, 19:38)
Quote (Reena @ June 23 2009, 19:26)

I'm in the exact same situation here in Drunen (also Netherlands). Status still says "Pre-order - Awaiting Dispatch" and no response on the two e-mails I sent them.

I live in the Netherlands too, but now I'm really glad I didn't (and couldn't) get a signed copy. Still enjoying the one from amazon.co.uk I have for like 2 weeks now or so...

But that really is a shame for you two! :(

--------------
-The mark of a good musician is to play one note and mean it-

Mike Oldfield - 1980
Profile PM 
Matt Offline

Group: Admins
Posted: June 23 2009, 17:35

Quote (Nacho @ June 23 2009, 19:35)
3 weeks from now to send out your order.

3 weeks? Hmmmmm.

Print off new certificates, 3 days. Ship to Mike in Bahamas, 5 days, await Mike signing 3 days. Send them back, 5 days, package them into new "limited sets" 2 days, ship to customer, 3 days. Hey what a surprise, that adds up to 21 - 3 weeks.

Doesn't look good to be honest :/

--------------
"I say I say I say I say, what's got three bottles and five eyes and no legs and two wheels"
Profile PM 
wiga Offline

Posted: June 23 2009, 17:42

....or maybe they hope that some might cancel at the prospect of waiting 3 weeks. It appears to me that the signed bit of paper might be the problem.

--------------
Barn's burnt down - now I can see the moon.
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: June 23 2009, 17:47

Quote (Reena @ June 23 2009, 20:12)
@ Korgscrew : have you had any further info on the whole situation ?

The last email I got about it simply said "we are dealing with this now" - I'd been asking if someone in London would mind being put in touch with the person at Universal Spain who some of the guys from Taurus IV have been dealing with. That was the second one-sentence email I've had about it, so I hope they're concentrating their attention on solving the problem instead...

Still, it's looking more and more serious by the day. I think we're going to have to take a look at how we can tackle these issues as a website, beyond just passing on details to Universal.

The vinyl in my set also had fingerprints/wipe marks on it. It sounded ok when I played it, but it should never have been handled on the surface. I also thought the packing was pretty bad, the design of box meant that any serious strain was being put on the contents (the Ultimate Edition box) rather than being taken by the outer packaging. Luckily the contents were just about ok, but I can easily see how they've got more seriously damaged in other cases. I also noted similar problems to what Olivier mentioned with the inner sleeve - nothing huge, but it's less than perfect. I'm sure there's probably going to be a whole spectrum, from being absolutely perfect to having quite serious defects...and the same with delivery, some have clearly arrived fairly promptly, while others are who knows where...
I think the problem is not that, for example, the fingerprints on the vinyl really affect it, it's that it's a premium priced product and they should be offering premium-level service. Half the point of a boxed set isn't the music that's included or the contents of the book, it's the way that it's presented. They could fit all the music onto a couple DVD-Rs and put the book in as PDFs to print out yourself if presentation isn't important...I think in general, the Ultimate Edition's a nice idea, but it's really fallen short on the details.
Profile PM 
Nacho Offline

Posted: June 23 2009, 18:02

We have reported Universal Spain about the 3 weeks message... let's see what happens.

It's funny that my Ultimate Edition (unsigned box bought here, still waiting for my signed one) also has a "dirty" vinyl, and the BacktoBlack vinyl also has these marks, so I wonder if it is the vinyl quality what produces those stains...
Profile PM 
522 replies since May 15 2009, 17:08 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (27) < ... 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net