Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (27) < ... 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Signed TB Ultimate Edition on sale< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Ugo Offline

Group: Members
Posted: June 18 2009, 15:33

@ Starfish: on the so-called "Drunken Hornpipe" in the 2009 remix, all of the walking+talking part is there, most of the music is gone. The beginning is there, the end is there, the middle is gone. The music starts in the ordinary way and then it goes to the extremely fast ending after no more than 10 seconds. Regarding "Mike Oldfield's Single", what's gone is most of the long fade-out. As long as the acoustic guitar has gone through the main theme a couple of times (and without even completing the second repetition), Mike fades it out. If I remember correctly, the original version features 5-6 repetitions.

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
Hifiguru Offline

Posted: June 19 2009, 03:04

i checked surface of vinyl LP and it looked like used vinyl...many fingerprints and dirt in vinyl...and this is supposed to be new? looks like VG- in quick look.

--------------
-TB Limited ultimate edition 2009 (still sealed)
-Hergest Ridge Limited 2010 #017
-Ommadawn Limited 2010 #065
-Incantations Limited 2011 #003
-Platinum Limited 2012 #316
-QE2 Limited 2012 #112
-Opening Ceremony London 2012 #61
-Five Miles Out 2013 Limited LP #116
-Crises 2013 Limited LP #259
Profile PM 
yanouch65 Offline

Posted: June 19 2009, 11:26

I called the seller and they told me that it could take several weeks before receiving the signed copy. As my English is not perfect, I am not sure for understanding very well.

Could anyone call them and ask the same question as me, that is, why the status is still "Awaiting dispatch" and and the order have not arrived yet!

I am sure there are people who speak English here....
Mr Caveman for example...

Thank you in advance....

Yannick

--------------
Ray said : "it is a shame you don't play"

manintherain said: "You´d better ask Mr. Y who was first"

yanouch65 says: "I am in love with Scotland"
Profile PM 
Blue Dolphin Offline

Posted: June 19 2009, 12:44

Quote (Hifiguru @ June 19 2009, 09:04)
i checked surface of vinyl LP and it looked like used vinyl...many fingerprints and dirt in vinyl...and this is supposed to be new? looks like VG- in quick look.

Yes, I had the same! A couple of finger prints, but mostly some sort of "stains". Looks to me like it's recycled vinyl (are they repeating the process of the first vinyl edition of TB again?).

--------------
-The mark of a good musician is to play one note and mean it-

Mike Oldfield - 1980
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: June 19 2009, 16:10

@ Blue Dolphin: I only found what looks like fingerprints [but with no recognizable line markings... maybe they're fingerprints of someone wearing latex gloves? :p] on my vinyl copy. In spite of them, it sounds very, very, very nice. :) However, isn't this supposed to be heavyweight vinyl, of the 180 grams type? Usually that kind of material is virgin vinyl (no pun intended! :D) so it shouldn't have any defects on it. The fact that it bears fingerprints is an indicator of bad handling, not of bad quality of the material. But this is supposed to be a collector's item, isn't it? Bad handling of a collector's item is IMHO just as bad as a very tiny scratch on a brand-new Ferrari Testarossa. :)

--------------
Profile PM 
The Big BellEnd Offline

Posted: June 19 2009, 17:43

Ferrari car's are expensive but in all honesty, they are mostly famous for being noisy, uncomfortable, over-hyped, red , driven by  nutbars, loved by celebrity's and reassuringly shitfast.

--------------
I, ON THE OTHER HAND. AM A VICTIM OF YOUR CARNIVOUROUS LUNAR ACTIVITY.
Profile PM 
Olivier Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: June 19 2009, 19:37

Quote (Ugo @ June 19 2009, 16:10)
However, isn't this supposed to be heavyweight vinyl, of the 180 grams type?

I don't know but the pages of the book are the thickest I've ever seen.
Profile PM 
Olivier Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: June 19 2009, 19:43

They used {} instead of :, - , (), or [] (usually reserved for dance remixes though) in the titles. Unusual, not a bad idea.
Profile PM 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: June 19 2009, 21:14

I sent an email yesterday to Bandstores,and got this reply today regarding my "awaiting dispatch" order status...

Sorry for the delay in replying to your email and sorry for the delay in shipping your order. We hope to be able to get it sent out to you within the next week or so.

Let's wait and see...

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: June 20 2009, 07:50

One member at Amarok list sent also an email,and he got this reply:

All orders should have been shipped on the 10th however a
small number were help back because of a stock issue. Sadly your was one of them and at this moment we are still waiting to send your order out once this issue has been resolved. Hopefully this will be within the next 2 weeks.

Shame on you  :(
I've never seen such a thing before!

Many people who was the first to buy the signed box haven't recieved their copy yet,we rushed to our computers to buy it,and we're still waiting...

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
Blue Dolphin Offline

Posted: June 20 2009, 08:30

Quote (Ugo @ June 19 2009, 22:10)
@ Blue Dolphin: I only found what looks like fingerprints [but with no recognizable line markings... maybe they're fingerprints of someone wearing latex gloves? :p] on my vinyl copy. In spite of them, it sounds very, very, very nice. :) However, isn't this supposed to be heavyweight vinyl, of the 180 grams type? Usually that kind of material is virgin vinyl (no pun intended! :D) so it shouldn't have any defects on it. The fact that it bears fingerprints is an indicator of bad handling, not of bad quality of the material. But this is supposed to be a collector's item, isn't it? Bad handling of a collector's item is IMHO just as bad as a very tiny scratch on a brand-new Ferrari Testarossa. :)

I personally find the new TB vinyl is a bit thicker than most vinyl, so I definitely think it's 180 gram.

Indeed the sound quality is amazing, but I must say that at some parts I had the idea there was distortion (but it could also mean the needle of my record player needs to be replaced). :D

By the way, I also bought the new TB vinyl record seperately because I did have some spare money as I was unable to buy a signed copy. The center image of the vinyl is different than the one included in the ultimate box:

Vinyl 1
Vinyl 2
Vinyl 3
Vinyl 4
Vinyl 5
Vinyl from Ultimate

--------------

Mike Oldfield - 1980
Profile PM 
Dirk Star Offline

Posted: June 20 2009, 08:44

Quote (The Big BellEnd @ June 19 2009, 22:43)
Ferrari car's are expensive but in all honesty, they are mostly famous for being noisy, uncomfortable, over-hyped, red , driven by arseholes, loved by celebrity's and reassuringly shit.

Didn`t Mike Oldfield once own a Ferrari? Maybe he got fed up with all of those imperfections and decided to strip the whole thing down and re-build it into a brand new Ford Mondeo!?
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: June 20 2009, 09:07

@ Blue Dolphin again [Menno... is that your name? ;)] The vinyl record you bought is from the Back to Black series - a Universal Music series whose releases are totally independent from anything else. So the TB vinyl you bought is independent from the box. That's why it's got a different label. I've heard someone here on tubular.net saying that all of the Back to Black vinyls are crap-sounding... as soon as you play yours, please let us know how it sounds. ;)
By the way, I found out that "180gr. heavyweight vinyl" doesn't necessarily mean virgin vinyl. :/ However, I don't care much about that, as my copy sounds great. :)

--------------
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: June 20 2009, 09:12

Continued from above...

...Oh my Gawd!! On the BtB website, the TB vinyl has got the tracklist of Tubular Bells II!! :p (Take a look at this...)

What a mess... :D :laugh:

--------------
Profile PM 
Blue Dolphin Offline

Posted: June 20 2009, 09:22

Quote (Ugo @ June 20 2009, 15:12)
Continued from above...

...Oh my Gawd!! On the BtB website, the TB vinyl has got the tracklist of Tubular Bells II!! :p (Take a look at this...)

What a mess... :D :laugh:

Menno is my name yes. ;)

Yes, I saw that TBII tracklisting too! Ridiculous! Forgot to post it here!

I know that I bought the back to black vinyl edition, but I always thought the same version was included in the Ultimate box? I didn't listen to the Ultimate vinyl, but I can tell you that the back to black version indeed sounds crap (that's probably why there is a voucher included for a free download of the album on the back to black website). :D

--------------

Mike Oldfield - 1980
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: June 20 2009, 09:34

Thanks for the bit of info about BtB vinyls - you made me save some money by dissuading me from buying one of them. :D

I guess the album in the box is a completely different print from the one in the BtB series, which was released before the box. As I said, it sounds great. Regarding distortion, most turntables from the 1970s, from the 80s and even from the 90s - mine is about '84 - always cause some distortion when the tone arm reaches the end of an album's side, even if the needle is perfect. Where do you hear the distortion? If it's not towards the sides' ends, it may well be a case of a high volume (or high output) level rather than a bad needle. ;)

--------------
Profile PM 
Mix Offline

Posted: June 20 2009, 14:54

Quote (Ugo @ June 20 2009, 16:07)
By the way, I found out that "180gr. heavyweight vinyl" doesn't necessarily mean virgin vinyl. :/ However, I don't care much about that, as my copy sounds great. :)

i didn't see any finger prints or other stains on my vinyl copy from the ultimate box, and it, too, sounds great. Very happy with the quality of the release altogether.
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: June 20 2009, 17:27

@ Mika: lucky you. :) :cool:

--------------
Profile PM 
Blue Dolphin Offline

Posted: June 20 2009, 18:55

Quote (Ugo @ June 20 2009, 15:34)
Thanks for the bit of info about BtB vinyls - you made me save some money by dissuading me from buying one of them. :D

I guess the album in the box is a completely different print from the one in the BtB series, which was released before the box. As I said, it sounds great. Regarding distortion, most turntables from the 1970s, from the 80s and even from the 90s - mine is about '84 - always cause some distortion when the tone arm reaches the end of an album's side, even if the needle is perfect. Where do you hear the distortion? If it's not towards the sides' ends, it may well be a case of a high volume (or high output) level rather than a bad needle. ;)

The distortion is most notable at around 4:15, where the guitar crashes in and the bells get hit, and at the "basses" section at around 6:50 where all the guitars get louder.

But I still haven't listened the vinyl on a modern turntable at my girlfriend's place. And I also haven't listened to the Ultimate vinyl, but I hope to have some time soon.

--------------

Mike Oldfield - 1980
Profile PM 
yanouch65 Offline

Posted: June 21 2009, 07:27

Quote (Blue Dolphin @ June 20 2009, 14:30)
By the way, I also bought the new TB vinyl record seperately because I did have some spare money :

Where can we order it? I mean, with this sticker...
Thank you
:)

--------------
Ray said : "it is a shame you don't play"

manintherain said: "You´d better ask Mr. Y who was first"

yanouch65 says: "I am in love with Scotland"
Profile PM 
522 replies since May 15 2009, 17:08 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (27) < ... 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net