Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (27) < ... 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Signed TB Ultimate Edition on sale< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Hifiguru Offline

Group: Members
Posted: June 17 2009, 10:16

Quote (crises1980 @ June 17 2009, 10:07)
Quote (Tati The Sentinel @ June 17 2009, 09:48)
Quote (yanouch65 @ June 17 2009, 10:32)
Another one
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SIGNED-....94%3A50

Some has bought it to make money on ebay. It is a shame, because some real fans could not buy a copy for their collection!
:/

Unfortunately there'll be people who do this kind of stuff...which is a pity really.

Absolutely, Tati.

It's unfair people got signed copies for speculating, and some people are still waiting for their orders.

We should provide links to any other RELIABLE websites that are selling new TB edition at fair prices and offering fast good service.

I.e. http://www.fnac.es :: Ultimate Edition for 36,76€ (31.36GBP!!;)

does that site sell to other countries than spain and with what payment methods? i would like to buy normal copy cheap from somewhere...

--------------
-TB Limited ultimate edition 2009 (still sealed)
-Hergest Ridge Limited 2010 #017
-Ommadawn Limited 2010 #065
-Incantations Limited 2011 #003
-Platinum Limited 2012 #316
-QE2 Limited 2012 #112
-Opening Ceremony London 2012 #61
-Five Miles Out 2013 Limited LP #116
-Crises 2013 Limited LP #259
Profile PM 
tubular_trekkie Offline

Posted: June 17 2009, 10:26

Quote (Hifiguru @ June 17 2009, 15:11)
you can see if its signed or not without opening it? i havent seen photo from signed version sticker if its different from normal version sticker.

It is I believe. Mine says:

"Special Numbered Edition
Signed by Mike Oldfield
Limited 500 Copies"

The unsigned ones must have different wording on the sticker (fairly obviously in fact).

--------------
"The concept of progress acts as a protective mechanism to shield us from the terrors of the future."

- from 'Collected Sayings of Muad'Dib' by the Princess Irulan
Profile PM 
Mix Offline

Posted: June 17 2009, 10:57

Quote (Hifiguru @ June 17 2009, 17:11)
Quote (Mix @ June 17 2009, 10:01)
Received my copies here in Finland today. Luckily both really are the signed versions: with that black sticker on cover saying that it is, and as I opened the other one, it's #164 / 500. Probably the other one is about the same range.

Very cool, especially as the postal services didn't manage to damage anything on the way.

you can see if its signed or not without opening it? i havent seen photo from signed version sticker if its different from normal version sticker.

finnish post service is slowest fuckers in the world...still waiting mine. usually getting items from UK fast 2-3 days but now its been week since dispatched.

Yes, what Trekkie said. Here's the picture of the sticker:

Profile PM 
crises1980 Offline

Posted: June 17 2009, 11:09

Quote (Hifiguru @ June 17 2009, 10:16)
Quote (crises1980 @ June 17 2009, 10:07)
Quote (Tati The Sentinel @ June 17 2009, 09:48)
Quote (yanouch65 @ June 17 2009, 10:32)
Another one
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SIGNED-....94%3A50

Some has bought it to make money on ebay. It is a shame, because some real fans could not buy a copy for their collection!

Unfortunately there'll be people who do this kind of stuff...which is a pity really.

Absolutely, Tati.

It's unfair people got signed copies for speculating, and some people are still waiting for their orders.

We should provide links to any other RELIABLE websites that are selling new TB edition at fair prices and offering fast good service.

I.e. http://www.fnac.es :: Ultimate Edition for 36,76€ (31.36GBP!!;)

does that site sell to other countries than spain and with what payment methods? i would like to buy normal copy cheap from somewhere...

Yes, they ship abroad and credit card is accepted.
Profile PM 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: June 17 2009, 12:26

Curious that many people are still waiting for their signed box and their order was just that,nothing more...like I said before,mine include the signed box + t-shirt,it was cheaper to me to buy both on the same bill.

Like I've already said on the Amarok list,I bought a tubular tee separately on May 21st and it arrived here in Brazil on June 2nd.According to the order status,it was sent on May 26th,but when I recieved the package,it was shown that it was sent on May 22nd.With many people who have ordered the signed box and have recieved it without Bandstores's confirmation email to say that the package was
sent,so...let's see what will happen this time.

According to the email I got from Bandstores,in my case,since I live outside EU...

"people outside the EU within 7-20 days. "

So it's still on time to recieve without any type of complain to
Bandstores at all.I've been used to wait for ages to recieve a brand new MO CD,and this time is not going to be different.I live in a place where you don't have any of MO's latest releases on the stores.

If anything goes wrong,I'll send lots of complaints to Bandstores...I'm sure.

The spaniards are organizing themselves to help the ones who have problems on their orders on the Taurus IV mailing list,maybe something similar can be organized here to help people from other parts of the world too...

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: June 17 2009, 13:28

Quote (Atane @ June 17 2009, 09:11)
The only thing which disappointed me is the cover of the LP: the bell itself on the front cover is no longer a photography but is now a drawing.

I was told that the artwork would be 'cleaned up' - that's obviously their idea of it. I think it's actually based on the photo, just 'cleaned up' so much that it's basically a digital painting. I find it strange - one of the things which I found so appealing about the artwork was how real (and yet surreal) the whole image looked. Taking all the detail out of it (and lightening the ends of the bell so the lighting is no longer consistent) seems a bit of an odd thing to do.
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: June 17 2009, 13:46

Quote (Tati The Sentinel @ June 17 2009, 16:26)
The spaniards are organizing themselves to help the ones who have problems on their orders on the Taurus IV mailing list,maybe something similar can be organized here to help people from other parts of the world too...

I'm already onto it - though the first thing I'm trying to get to the bottom of is what's happening with these signed/unsigned editions going to the wrong places.

If anyone's had one delivered already and isn't happy (because of damage, etc), let me know, preferably by PM or email so I've got a record of it somewhere I can find it easily. In the first instance, though, I suggest writing them a letter like I mentioned before. In the case of damage, include pictures and the parcel tracking number. Tell them that the condition it arrived in was unsatisfactory and that, especially considering that they stated that "Because this product's value and because it weighs in excess of 2kg we will be sending them out via Parcel Force." - proving that they acknowledge that it's a valuable item which needs special handling. Ask them what solution they intend to offer. If you don't like what they tell you, we'll take it from there.
Profile PM 
Nacho Offline

Posted: June 17 2009, 13:50

Quote (Korgscrew @ June 17 2009, 19:28)
Quote (Atane @ June 17 2009, 09:11)
The only thing which disappointed me is the cover of the LP: the bell itself on the front cover is no longer a photography but is now a drawing.

I was told that the artwork would be 'cleaned up' - that's obviously their idea of it. I think it's actually based on the photo, just 'cleaned up' so much that it's basically a digital painting. I find it strange - one of the things which I found so appealing about the artwork was how real (and yet surreal) the whole image looked. Taking all the detail out of it (and lightening the ends of the bell so the lighting is no longer consistent) seems a bit of an odd thing to do.

It's funny they have erased all the seagulls in the front cover and a cloud effect in the middle left!
Profile PM 

Posted: June 17 2009, 13:51

Quote (tubular_trekkie @ June 17 2009, 11:26)
The unsigned ones must have different wording on the sticker (fairly obviously in fact).

A pic of the non-signed version of the Ultimate Edition:
http://www.mikeoldfieldblog.com/wp-cont...._01.jpg

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
zoda Offline

Posted: June 17 2009, 14:00

I haven't received my signed copy yet; but what is more; when I check my order status now it says: Order Cancelled!

Just like that, no reason, nothing! I've already paid several weeks ago! And of course no answer from loudclothing...

Unbelievable!

Tom - Belgium
Profile PM 

Posted: June 17 2009, 14:07

Quote (zoda @ June 17 2009, 15:00)
I haven't received my signed copy yet; but what is more; when I check my order status now it says: Order Cancelled!

Just like that, no reason, nothing! I've already paid several weeks ago! And of course no answer from loudclothing...

Unbelievable!

Tom - Belgium

Have you ordered it through Paypal?
If so,I've heard about people who had a few problems with this.

--------------

Profile PM WEB 
zoda Offline

Posted: June 17 2009, 14:18

Quote (Tati The Sentinel @ June 17 2009, 14:07)
Quote (zoda @ June 17 2009, 15:00)

Unbelievable!

Tom - Belgium

Have you ordered it through Paypal?
If so,I've heard about people who had a few problems with this.

I paid with my creditcard (Visa)

I'll just wait another few days, maybe there is a stupid website-order problem... (but, after reading the problems in this forum, I doubt it...)

Tom
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: June 17 2009, 14:30

Date : 15th May 2009
Time : 21:16

:D

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
yanouch65 Offline

Posted: June 17 2009, 15:35

Quote (Ugo @ June 17 2009, 20:30)
Date : 15th May 2009
Time : 21:16

:D

Hummm I don't understand....

I thouhgt you already got it.....

--------------
Ray said : "it is a shame you don't play"

manintherain said: "You´d better ask Mr. Y who was first"

yanouch65 says: "I am in love with Scotland"
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: June 17 2009, 16:09

Yes, I do have the thing. That's what the sloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow website shows. :D

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
Inkanta Offline

Group: Admins
Posted: June 17 2009, 19:21

Mine wandered in yesterday - No. 394 - after a bit of a journey 'round New York State. Had to want until today to collect it, though. I had stupidly included the wrong city (some days I don't even know what planet I beam home to each night). Although I corrected it with loudclothing. and it was o.k. on their website form after that, nonetheless it came here by way of the other city. I am just relieved that it arrived, and in perfect shape. Maybe the t-shirt was shipped before the address was corrected and is floating around. :/

--------------
"No such thing as destiny; only choices exist." From:  Moongarden's "Solaris."
Profile PM 
Hifiguru Offline

Posted: June 18 2009, 06:34

finally arrived today...all boxes were signed ones what i was able to see from stickers. 2 were in perfect shape and 1 got minor damage on corner but nothing bad.

numbers 403 and 483...which goes to friend...one copy will stay unknown number as it will be kept sealed.

--------------
-TB Limited ultimate edition 2009 (still sealed)
-Hergest Ridge Limited 2010 #017
-Ommadawn Limited 2010 #065
-Incantations Limited 2011 #003
-Platinum Limited 2012 #316
-QE2 Limited 2012 #112
-Opening Ceremony London 2012 #61
-Five Miles Out 2013 Limited LP #116
-Crises 2013 Limited LP #259
Profile PM 
Mix Offline

Posted: June 18 2009, 08:47

As a sidenote: "Mike Oldfield's Single" sounds absolutely fabulous compared to the 7"!  :cool:
Profile PM 
spark Offline

Posted: June 18 2009, 10:15

Cant agree, I think the new mix of  Mikes single sounds dredful. Hes mixed out the guitars which gave the thunderous and invigerating sound that made it so good.

Sorry,Im an old head,and I do like new mixes but the bell at the end of side 1 has no depth and the single is placid.

By the way, Vivs bit sounds the same to me just a bit clearer, and yes ive listen to it many times over the years in stereo,sq and 5.1.
Profile PM 
starfish Offline

Posted: June 18 2009, 13:49

So what's the difference between the 'Drunken Horsepipe' on "Boxed" and the new remix? Obviously the new version's noticably shorter, so what's been excised / taken out?

And the same question with "Mike Oldfield's Single". Other than the remix, what's the cause of the change in duration?

Number 087, by the way.

Oh, and to be fair to Loud Clothing (in amongst a lot of negativity here), my copy arrived quite quickly and in pristine condition. No complaints from me... although I really do sympathise with those who've had problems.
Profile PM 
522 replies since May 15 2009, 17:08 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (27) < ... 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net