Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (27) < ... 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Signed TB Ultimate Edition on sale< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Atane Offline

Group: Members
Posted: May 20 2009, 07:57

Strangely enough, we're Wedesday, 2 PM (Paris Time) and I just could ordered 5 minutes ago, a signed boxed set on the Mikeoldfield.com website.
Sooooo Happy!!
Maybe some people who ordered didn't pay for the item...and they are re-making these few items available.

Hurry uuuup!! :))

Atane.
Profile PM 
Hifiguru Offline

Posted: May 20 2009, 08:16

Quote (Atane @ May 20 2009, 07:57)
Strangely enough, we're Wedesday, 2 PM (Paris Time) and I just could ordered 5 minutes ago, a signed boxed set on the Mikeoldfield.com website.
Sooooo Happy!!
Maybe some people who ordered didn't pay for the item...and they are re-making these few items available.

Hurry uuuup!! :))

Atane.

odd because it requires instant payment when ordering.

also they dont seem to asnwer for emails when i asked if my 2nd order went through ok because i didnt get any confirmation.

--------------
-TB Limited ultimate edition 2009 (still sealed)
-Hergest Ridge Limited 2010 #017
-Ommadawn Limited 2010 #065
-Incantations Limited 2011 #003
-Platinum Limited 2012 #316
-QE2 Limited 2012 #112
-Opening Ceremony London 2012 #61
-Five Miles Out 2013 Limited LP #116
-Crises 2013 Limited LP #259
Profile PM 
Mix Offline

Posted: May 20 2009, 09:52

Quote (HRFanUSA @ May 19 2009, 20:57)
Hi MO fans-

I ordered the Ultimate Edition as soon as I received the email, so I'm looking forward to receiving this very special item here in the USA. I guess I'm worried the DVD will be PAL formatted so I cannot play it on my TV. I haven't heard any details in this regard but wonder why there are so many DVDs out there that are "region free", and will play on any DVD player...

I suppose if worse comes to worse I can watch the DVD on my computer, but that would be a disappointment...

Any insight or thoughts from anyone?

Thanks, Harry

@Harry:

Are you sure you can't play region free PAL-formatted DVD with your TV? At least in this side of the pond most new(ish) televisions play smoothly both PAL and NTSC.

4 of Mike's 6 officially released DVDs are region free/all regions. The exceptions being original TBII/TBIII and Millennium Bell. So there's a good chance that this is region free as well, can't think of any valid reason why it would be region locked. But even if it is region locked, you can easily make a copy of the DVD with any number of DVD burning software with e.g. AnyDVD (www.anydvd.com).
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: May 20 2009, 09:57

@ Hifiguru: yes, it does. So (@ Atane) I would imagine that the extra availability of items may depend of some people's payments (or some people's credit cards) being rejected. Which is of course unfortunate for those people...

@ Korgscrew: I think there may be lots and lots of 'casual' fans who heard of this by chance (as, of course, the news about the release of the Ultimate Edition weren't posted only here!! :D) and, not caring about Mike's signature etc., ordered their copy through Amazon or another online shop. The hardcore fans, of course, are the ones who ordered the Ultimate Edition through the official Oldfield shop, and of course the number of these is very lower than the total number of people who may have a real desire to buy the item, be it signed or unsigned. ;)

@ Harry: You should have no problems at all in playing a PAL-formatted DVD on an NTSC-coded TV - you may notice a slight difference in how the colors are displayed, but only if you have a very sharp eye. :) I do the reverse (i.e. playing NTSC DVDs on my PAL TV) all the time, and it works excellently every time. You may have a problem if the DVD is not Region 0 - in particular, if it's region 2. But as Mix above here says, most of Mike's DVDs are region 0, so I guess that this one, being a worldwide release, also is. Furthermore, this particular DVD in the Ultimate Edition is supposed to be mostly audio-only with two videos, both of which are previously released elsewhere.

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
Mix Offline

Posted: May 20 2009, 10:10

Quote (Ugo @ May 20 2009, 16:57)
@ Hifiguru: yes, it does. So (@ Atane) I would imagine that the extra availability of items may depend of some people's payments (or some people's credit cards) being rejected. Which is of course unfortunate for those people...

I just had to check the order status of the two copies I ordered, so that none of those has been put on sale again due to some credit card malfunction... luckily both of them are still in "In Packing"-status.... phewww...
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: May 20 2009, 10:30

@ Mix [directly above here]: I paid with PayPal, and on May 15 almost 98 Euros were charged on my credit card by Loudclothing (funny name for a shop which sells mainly music, ain't it? :D), so I guess that my order is very much up and running. The Order Status page still says "In Packing", we'll see.

By the way, what do you all think "Size: CD" means? As far as I know, the box is supposed to include CDs, a DVD and a vinyl album. So what 'size' should there be? :zzz: That was, however, the only available option when I made the order...

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
Mix Offline

Posted: May 20 2009, 10:48

Quote (Ugo @ May 20 2009, 17:30)
By the way, what do you all think "Size: CD" means? As far as I know, the box is supposed to include CDs, a DVD and a vinyl album. So what 'size' should there be? :zzz: That was, however, the only available option when I made the order...

I suppose that their word "size" just represents the category in their bookkeeping. That is, when this company originally built their online shop, they had no idea that there would be releases with both CD and LP items within one package. And they just chose the label "size" to go with shipping info at same go.

So, I guess that in their bookkeeping there must be only one category in the database for each item, and (even if I obviously have no idea at all what their category-list looks like) this "size"-info just happens to be that.

And about the company name (Loudclothing). I did order a couple of T-shirts, too, so it fits at least that portion of my orders  :p

Edit: Just received email from Loudclothing that the T-shirts are now shipped and on their way... Cool!
Profile PM 
nurofeg Offline

Posted: May 20 2009, 17:19

does somebody try to send a question on customerservices@loudclothing.com about shiping TB ultimate edition ???

I try to write to something about my address but no answer.

--------------
Searching for:
SURFING (promo cd single) 2005 - SURFCJ1  
MONT ST. MICHEL (promo cd single) 1996 - PRCD363
Profile PM WEB 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: May 21 2009, 00:12

Tubular tees are fine...but is there any chance to add more merchandaise,like baseball caps,coffee mugs and so on?

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
HRFanUSA Offline

Posted: May 21 2009, 12:12

@Harry:

Are you sure you can't play region free PAL-formatted DVD with your TV? At least in this side of the pond most new(ish) televisions play smoothly both PAL and NTSC.

4 of Mike's 6 officially released DVDs are region free/all regions. The exceptions being original TBII/TBIII and Millennium Bell. So there's a good chance that this is region free as well, can't think of any valid reason why it would be region locked. But even if it is region locked, you can easily make a copy of the DVD with any number of DVD burning software with e.g. AnyDVD (www.anydvd.com). [QUOTE]

The problem is not with the actual TV but with the DVD player. The display simply reads "Cannot play disc." I guess it's no big deal because I can play the PAL DVD on my computer. Who knows, maybe the DVD will be region free?

Thanks for your input
Harry
Profile PM 
revster Offline

Posted: May 21 2009, 12:50

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Tubular-Bells-Ultimate-Mike-Oldfield/dp/B0026RCAIA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1242924463&sr=1-1

£61.98 on amazon 4 ultimate edition and free postage and packin.  If you ordered on tubular bells 2009 for unsigned copy you have been ripped off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Profile PM 
Blue Dolphin Offline

Posted: May 21 2009, 16:49

Quote (revster @ May 21 2009, 18:50)
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Tubular-Bells-Ultimate-Mike-Oldfield/dp/B0026RCAIA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1242924463&sr=1-1

£61.98 on amazon 4 ultimate edition and free postage and packin.  If you ordered on tubular bells 2009 for unsigned copy you have been ripped off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's what I'm probably going to do, unfortunately.

Back in The Netherlands, and I STILL am pissed I couldn't order the signed edition. I can't believe why people order 2 or more editions for themselves! I could have had one! (I understand if you reserve it for a friend, but I dislike the fact people do it for the benefit of selling it on ebay.)

Would have liked one for my birthday in August. :(

--------------
-The mark of a good musician is to play one note and mean it-

Mike Oldfield - 1980
Profile PM 
revster Offline

Posted: May 21 2009, 18:59

me 2 im pissed off that some true fans cant have a signed copy and others ordered just to make money on ebay
Profile PM 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: May 22 2009, 07:55

Recent addition to the shop:
http://www.totalrockart.com/shop1131/home

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
leesonar Offline

Posted: May 22 2009, 07:56

I know how you guys feel about this but the problem has been created by universal music not stamping down on this, some people have been bragging that they have brought 3 or more copies. People with 3 different internet addresses could probably have bought copies in excess of this. I agree this is pure greed. It should have been 1 copy per fan. :/
Profile PM 
bee Offline

Posted: May 22 2009, 08:51

:) the tee shirt arrived yesterday....very proudly wearing it today....

any one else got theirs?

if these arrived so quickly the Signed Ultimate edition may also be early? or am i just being optimistic?!!

--------------
....second to the right and straight on till morning....

You heard me before
Yet you hear me again
Then I die
Till I call me again
Profile PM 
Pat Gleeson Offline

Posted: May 22 2009, 11:36

Quote (Ugo @ May 20 2009, 14:57)
(or some people's credit cards) being rejected. Which is of course unfortunate for those people...

That's exactly what happened to me  :(
Profile PM 
Mix Offline

Posted: May 22 2009, 11:45

Quote (leesonar @ May 22 2009, 14:56)
I know how you guys feel about this but the problem has been created by universal music not stamping down on this, some people have been bragging that they have brought 3 or more copies. People with 3 different internet addresses could probably have bought copies in excess of this. I agree this is pure greed. It should have been 1 copy per fan. :/

I am one of those who bought 2 copies, but not in the purpose of putting either of them on eBay or elsewhere for sale. I bought the "extra" copy for kind of insurance - knowing that very likely I won't be able to obtain another copy later on if I needed to. I will keep the other one unopened and store it separately.

Paranoia? Maybe.
Something to brag about? NO.
Greed? Certainly not.

I have to confess that I didn't even think about this issue about other true fans missing out, when I made my purchases. I must have been one of the very first ones to purchase the copies and at that point one couldn't predict that they would sell out so quickly, and that people here, checking email regularly as I did, would be left without one.

As I said, I didn't purchase my copies for resale. You won't see either of them on offer. I suppose that for most of the other "double-dippers" the reasoning is quite the same as mine. The reasoning of those who bought 3 or even more copies, I can't guess. Maybe some DID buy them for eBaying or they are even more paranoid than I am...
Profile PM 
rony Offline

Posted: May 22 2009, 12:06

Is there some kind of " collectors proof "  for an original Mike's signature  ?

Thanks.
Profile PM 
Mix Offline

Posted: May 22 2009, 12:25

Quote (rony @ May 22 2009, 19:06)
Is there some kind of " collectors proof "  for an original Mike's signature  ?

Thanks.

For this release? I don't think it needs one if it comes with a numbered certificate, as someone suggested was the case, and you ordered it through www.mikeoldfield.com.

I don't know if there any references elsewhere... I have two signed items by Mike (a 1978 promo photo of Virgin, where he signed his name across his face  :D and the signed "Music of the Spheres" which should be genuine just for the reason that I got it from Play.com's "official" campaign with Universal). The first of those signatures is obtained from a reputable seller and the hand writing matches with the MOTS so I'm happy with them. IF there were a databank of images of Mike's signatures, that would be great for people to evaluate theirs' and those that are on sale on eBay or elsewhere.
Profile PM 
522 replies since May 15 2009, 17:08 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (27) < ... 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net