Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (27) < ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 ... >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Signed TB Ultimate Edition on sale< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Group: Members
Posted: June 09 2009, 20:56

For me,I feel so bad...since £=1 = R$(brazilian real) 3.20, 20 quid plus a few quid more to send makes a HUGE financial difference for me...

There's something quite strange on this whole story...

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
revster Offline

Posted: June 10 2009, 01:29

not got my copy from amazon yet but hope and pray i get a signed copy, as for you people who ordered 2 and 3 copies hope you enjoy them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Profile PM 
wiga Offline

Posted: June 10 2009, 03:46

Quote (Automorph @ June 09 2009, 17:20)
I'm sorry if this sounds unfair / tactless / bragging, but I guess to me it also feels a little like karma.  

...or it's another April Fool in June :D

--------------
Barn's burnt down - now I can see the moon.
Profile PM 
revster Offline

Posted: June 10 2009, 04:17

Mine came this morning didnt get a signed copy booo ...
Profile PM 
Blue Dolphin Offline

Posted: June 10 2009, 04:23

Quote (Automorph @ June 09 2009, 23:20)
Quote (maccafan @ June 09 2009, 12:45)
I got my copy ordered from Amazon delivered to me at work today, was rather surprised to see a sticker on the front saying Special Numbered Edition Signed by Mike Oldfield Limited to 500 Copies with ref 270 353-9 (04) below.

When opened up the pack there was a Certificate of Authenticity inside no 467 of 500 with Mike's signature, was not expecting a signed copy as got from Amazon at £62.

I assume it is a genuine signature, looks bit scrawly, Mike slants to the left and Oldfield off to right if any slant, has anyone got a scan of his signature to compare with, I cant scan in.

Marcus

Sorry folks - it's happened to me too....  

What am I saying?!!  I'm not really sorry but in fact as over-the-moon sky-punchingly happy as the first time I heard Tubular Bells over 35 years ago.  :D

I've had a very similar experience to macafee. I ordered from amazon on 24 May for £62 (free shipping) and received it today with the same sticker on the front and a certificate of authenticity inside, no 305 of 500, plus signature.

I'm sorry if this sounds unfair / tactless / bragging, but I guess to me it also feels a little like karma.  

I noted that a number of forum users were quite open about their multiple purchases of signed copies, despite this contributing to others of us missing out.  E.g. Ugo (2), Hifiguru (3 - with only 1 for a friend), Leesonar (2 - and then later apparently also one from amazon).  At the same time there were others like maccafan, revster and Blue Dolphin who shared my disappointment and so went the amazon route.  As with maccafan and me, I really hope revster and Blue Dolphin strike lucky - let us know, please.

Congratulations to maccafan and Automorph!  :D Really funny and karma this situation! And thanks for your concern Automorph!

I'm still waiting for my copy from amazon.co.uk, but really: I've got to the point I don't care if it has a signature or not. As long as it is not damaged, I'm quite happy. :)

I did pre-order the box early June (yes, very late unfortunately), so I don't think it will be a signed copy.

--------------
-The mark of a good musician is to play one note and mean it-

Mike Oldfield - 1980
Profile PM 
Blue Dolphin Offline

Posted: June 10 2009, 04:26

Quote (revster @ June 10 2009, 10:17)
Mine came this morning didnt get a signed copy booo ...

That's too bad.... darn it... :(

But I think you should be pleased you didn't pay a lot of money, AND you received it earlier than most people here. And the box itself is a nice purchase altogether!

--------------

Mike Oldfield - 1980
Profile PM 
neildmanthorpe Offline

Posted: June 10 2009, 05:10

Quote (Ugo @ June 09 2009, 12:29)
The bandstores.co.uk website isn't actually linked to MO - it was just set up on his behalf.

But it was the sales site directly linked to the official MO website, so it has his endorsement.

Or is he too happy in the Bahamas and doesn't really care about his fans?

It is interesting to contrast the way that the sites for Springsteen and Oldfield have gone in recent years.  BS has become much more fan friendly and less hostile to his main fansite.  The "official" fansite for MO seems to be the last to know on most occasions when there is news.

Thank goodness for Tubular.net or we would know nothing.

--------------
I like beer and I like cheese .........
Profile PM 
leesonar Offline

Posted: June 10 2009, 05:15

In reply to Automorph I ordered one copy of the signed and one from amazon because i have no need for multiple signed copies really, one will do. I had a feeling that amazon would definately be delivered on the day of release, they seem to be hot on that. But maybe they have clamped down on people who ordered 3 or more copies that is somewhat fairer to the fans that couldn't get a copy. Maybe they have goofed and issued orders to the wrong people, all we can say for sure if that is the case ...people are going to be deeply dissapointed by this. :(
Profile PM 
tubular_trekkie Offline

Posted: June 10 2009, 05:20

Quote (Opus 1 @ June 09 2009, 22:39)
This indeed is not good for those of us who only ordered only one copy, if there has been a mix up and people who purchased a signed copy are sent an unsigned copy then there is a breach of law taking place as people are being advertised and sold a product that they are not being sent, which is illegal.
Also, just a theory, but perhaps (if there has indeed been a mix up regarding signed copies) the reason that the packages haven't been dispatched yet is because bandstores are aware that there has been a problem and are trying to resolve it. Once again i state though that this is only a theory and it would depend on if there has been an error on bandstores behalf.
I seriously hope not. Anyways where are the other 48 to confirm that they have recieved a pleasant surprise of a signed copy?  :D
Hopefully there have only been 50 sent to amazon, and the other 450 are on track.
Mark

Yes, I too am wondering whether this possible mix up has been the cause of the delay as I really can't understand why it would take them this long to send the stuff out.

If there has been a balls up (or should that be 'bells up'  ;)  ), I can't see how they could remedy the situation. Get Mike to hand sign a few copies to cover the deficit? That might be cool, but they still wouldn't be numbered editions as advertised.

Personally I'm getting a bit nervous that I might have been taken for a ride here  :/

--------------
"The concept of progress acts as a protective mechanism to shield us from the terrors of the future."

- from 'Collected Sayings of Muad'Dib' by the Princess Irulan
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: June 10 2009, 05:35

@ Automorph:

1. I ordered only one copy of the signed edition. I can't afford more than one.
2. If it's only a pic you wish to upload, you can up it into PhotoBucket and then create a link in here.
3. The Spanish Wiki page works like any other Wiki. If you ever edited anything on Wikipedia, you should know how it works. ;)

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
revster Offline

Posted: June 10 2009, 06:47

new mix seems a little more clearer and bassier at times 5.1mix is great listenin to it now. any1 here a bit of amarok in the peace demo???

Didnt get a signed copy but its a impressive box set
Profile PM 
leesonar Offline

Posted: June 10 2009, 06:59

I hope they haven't sent all 500 to amazon. keep us updated if your order status is changed or you are sent unsigned copies when you expected a signed ones.
Profile PM 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: June 10 2009, 07:50

Quote (neildmanthorpe @ June 10 2009, 06:10)
Or is he too happy in the Bahamas and doesn't really care about his fans?

It is interesting to contrast the way that the sites for Springsteen and Oldfield have gone in recent years.  BS has become much more fan friendly and less hostile to his main fansite.  The "official" fansite for MO seems to be the last to know on most occasions when there is news.

@Ugo
I can imagine Mike enjoying the sun in the Bahamas :cool:

To me,Mike's main problem regarding his fan base is here:

"I still don't feel like a musician. It's very strange,I have just been given that purpose,I haven't chosen it"

- Mike Oldfield on Changeling(On Fame -2006)

Doing all this promo stuff for the fans must be a hell of a problem,I don't think he feels much confortable on those type of situations. I recall last year one quote from Mike on an interview about MOTS premiere,something like,"I told my wife I have to go and be Mike Oldfield for 30 minutes".

Sometimes it's so hard to be a Mike Oldfield fan really,but we all know how he's like,and we have to respect it.His personality does make a difference regarding the artist,in the way how he deals with his fanbase.

Back on topic,Paul Harris from Dark Star bought his Ultimate Box on Amazon.co.uk and got a signed one,he wrote an email on Amarok mailing list about it.Until now we have people who got from Amazon signed and others not signed at all.

We need to know why this mess happened,and if case of people who has bought the signed box recieve a non-signed one,what to do really.I'm sure we are going to find it out,this isn't those political scandals that we'll never find it out what did happen...

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
Blue Dolphin Offline

Posted: June 10 2009, 08:06

Just arrived!!!! As expected, not a signed copy.  :/

But then again, it's just a scribbling.... The box is undamaged. I'm very happy with it!  :D

--------------

Mike Oldfield - 1980
Profile PM 
yanouch65 Offline

Posted: June 10 2009, 08:10

Quote (leesonar @ June 10 2009, 12:59)
I hope they haven't sent all 500 to amazon. keep us updated if your order status is changed or you are sent unsigned copies when you expected a signed ones.

I have just written an email to bandstores@loudclothing.com

I said:

You said "this is the only place you will find a link to buy this product".
Yesterday, a fan received a signed copy from Amazon.co.uk.
I would like to know how that is possible. Moreover, the price on Amazon was cheaper!
Does it mean that you made a mistake and some fans who have ordered a signed copy will not receive a signed one because of this mistake or you had further signed copies?
A lot of fans are talking about this on many forums

Hope they will give me an answer

;)

--------------
Ray said : "it is a shame you don't play"

manintherain said: "You´d better ask Mr. Y who was first"

yanouch65 says: "I am in love with Scotland"
Profile PM 
leesonar Offline

Posted: June 10 2009, 08:39

Thanks for that Yanouch65 I hope they havent made a pigs ear of this... we await the outcome. ;)
Profile PM 
tubular_trekkie Offline

Posted: June 10 2009, 09:34

Quote (yanouch65 @ June 10 2009, 13:10)
I have just written an email to bandstores@loudclothing.com

I said:

You said "this is the only place you will find a link to buy this product".
Yesterday, a fan received a signed copy from Amazon.co.uk.
I would like to know how that is possible. Moreover, the price on Amazon was cheaper!
Does it mean that you made a mistake and some fans who have ordered a signed copy will not receive a signed one because of this mistake or you had further signed copies?
A lot of fans are talking about this on many forums

Hope they will give me an answer

;)

Thanks for doing that yanouch65. Here's hoping it meets with a favourable and helpful response.

--------------
"The concept of progress acts as a protective mechanism to shield us from the terrors of the future."

Profile PM 
yanouch65 Offline

Posted: June 10 2009, 09:42

Maybe someone who speaks English better than could call them...

It would be easier and faster....

Let us know....

:)

--------------
Ray said : "it is a shame you don't play"

manintherain said: "You´d better ask Mr. Y who was first"

yanouch65 says: "I am in love with Scotland"
Profile PM 
Blue Dolphin Offline

Posted: June 10 2009, 10:05

Just listened to the new remix. It sounds a lot brighter indeed, but Mike did a lot of new digital reverb over the instruments, sounding really new and fresh. The organ in the "finale" section sounds very different than the original mix, and I can hear new guitars in the "ambient guitars" section. The "caveman" section also has some new sounds.

I'm now listening to the demos. They are the same as on the TB2003 DVD, but much more content.

The 60 page book is nice, with some new info and pictures, but most are from the "making of tb" book. Some pictures were also seen in the re-releases of the Kevin Ayers and Whole World cd's I once uploaded in the photo gallery here on tubular.net.

At the end of the book is says you can collect bonus material on www.mikeoldfield.com/bonus. When you got there you are redirected to another website, but it is still "empty".  :/

--------------

Mike Oldfield - 1980
Profile PM 
tubular_trekkie Offline

Posted: June 10 2009, 10:08

I've sent them an email detailing my concerns as well:

Having pre-ordered the signed limited edition of Tubular Bells (Order ID: *******) I am concerned to discover that several fans have received this supposedly exclusive set from Amazon. I'm not sure how this is possible, since no mention was made that this limited edition would be available from other outlets.

Does this mean the edition is not limited to 500 copies? Or will some of us who have purchased the set via your website find that we do not have a signed copy allocated to us (despite paying extra for the privilege)?

I do hope you can reassure me that I WILL be receiving a signed and numbered copy and that its despatch is imminent.

--------------

Profile PM 
522 replies since May 15 2009, 17:08 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (27) < ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 ... >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net